Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #61
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
I'm sure the league has had other guys who have trouble benching the required weight... prince strikes me as a guy who's probaby in the same boat, or was when he was a rookie... what's a basketball weigh? some players like reggie miller use their skills instead of brawn to get into position, he can overcome being pushed around in the post, add to the fact he's young and will beef up in the next couple years...
prince didnt go to camp so we'll never know. I would like to see who else has failed to bench at least once over the years. I bet its not very many people. Sure, I dont think anyone is saying that durant will suck cause of this, but its kinda shocking.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #62
geeWiz15
Banned

Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

it's not as much "Oden is amazing" as it is "Durant isn't fast."

we've known Durant isn't fast. and considering he's 6'9 and has like a 7'4 wingspan, it's not completely surprising he can't bench a lot- doesn't mean he's weak, I bet Prince isn't impressive on the bench either.

none of this should be a surprise. not like Durant's game relies on superhuman speed.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #63
DCL
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Body fat: 6.6. Standing vertical jump: 26.0 inches; running vertical jump, 33.5 inches. Lane agility: 12.33 seconds and 3/4 court sprint, 3.45 seconds.

durant's standing vert is pretty weak.

guess that long ass wingspan gives some illusion that makes him look like he's getting up, but he's not really high off the ground.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #64
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
it's not as much "Oden is amazing" as it is "Durant isn't fast."

we've known Durant isn't fast. and considering he's 6'9 and has like a 7'4 wingspan, it's not completely surprising he can't bench a lot- doesn't mean he's weak, I bet Prince isn't impressive on the bench either.

none of this should be a surprise. not like Durant's game relies on superhuman speed.

nope, just an outside shot cause that's where he'll be all season.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #65
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

Livingston couldn't bench 135

he got banged up pretty bad
watch out for injury Durant
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #66
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I think Livingston was the only one who couldnt bench 185 in his draft.

And Durant vert is 26 inches? Thats 7 inches short of JJ Redick.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #67
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

durant can't bench press 185? gosh I can't wait to see Kevin GArnett overpowered him on the paint and see him stumble down the ground. but then again he's only 18/19 so I expect him to get stronger.

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #68
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...%20Results.xls

2007 NBA Pre Draft Measurement
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #69
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

The camp athleticism test are over-rated. No one considers Brandon Roy a super athlete yet he had a fairly impressive show at the camp.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #70
shaq8u
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Greg Oden is a freak of nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
I don't find Oden's 7.8 body fat percentage to be that impressive. Sure, its nice in comparison to the other players listed, but all that proves to me is that all of those players need to get into MUCH better shape before training camp begins.

Karl Malone's body fat percentage was always under 5% and I believe at one time was under 3%, so I wouldn't exactly call Oden a freak of nature in that category.

Kid will be great, though, no doubt.

If karl malone had a body fat percentage under 3% he would be dead. 5% is BS as well. Pro bodybuilders in competition have a BF% of about 5% and they cannot maintain it. 7% is excellent for any athlete.

some of these guys are so weak, unable to bench 185? that is pathetic. BP is not really a good indication of overall body strength, they should introduce a deadlift or squat, that would be much better
shaq8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #71
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Wow Oden is a monster I think this is proof that he will most likely be the best rookie this year.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #72
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
A person can only be around 3% for a few hours before they have to send him to the hospital. It's extremly unhealthy. Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler are around 4% body fat when they are on stage for olympia and they have been preparing for that a long time

in david halberstram's jordan bio it said that mj came into the league at around 4%
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #73
shaq8u
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
in david halberstram's jordan bio it said that mj came into the league at around 4%

i don't believe that, id say mj was more like 7%
shaq8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #74
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq8u
i don't believe that, id say mj was more like 7%
i know it seems crazy but according to this http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...%20Results.xls aaron brooks is at 2.7
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #75
FPower
Local High School Star

Bench press is pretty much meaningless for a player like Durant. He's a scorer, not a banger. He's more of an oversized guard than a forward.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: