Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #76
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

Default Re: Greg Oden is a freak of nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq8u
i don't believe that, id say mj was more like 7%

think about what you just said. David Halberstram's bio is THE bio on jordan. You're gonna "not believe that" and rely on what "you'd say"?
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #77
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

heres the deal. Sure the bench press is not a big deal, but Durant was the slowest out of everybody at the lane agility test, and only 1 other player was above 12.0 (and that is spencer hawes). The only players slower than him in the 3/4 length were hawes, roberts and noah (and noah and roberts were basically as fast as him). Only one player (hawes again) had a shorter max vertical (and they both had the lowest standing vert). http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44195

SO against nba competition (and many of these guys will never pan out in the nba), hes the slowest and has the least ups. He will be successful in the nba, but it is alarming. Im more sold on acie law everyday.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #78
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

this also shows why this writer is full of it. Almost everybody's # blow durant out of the water. should be interesting
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #79
bomber
Decent college freshman

I could probably do 185 X 8

Im 5'10 170 haha
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #80
3stat2
Local High School Star

Damn, look at those wingspans.
- Conley at just under 6' has a 6' 5.75 WS
- Stephane Lasme at 6' 5.5" has a 7'2 wingspan

I bet those guys could touch their knees when standing up straight
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #81
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

If NBA success was based on these numbers than Tim Duncan would be a bum.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #82
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
I could probably do 185 X 8

Im 5'10 170 haha

You are officially stronger than Mr. Kevin Durant Sir, and Durant is 6'9 and 215 lbs.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 AM   #83
Gad23
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

jared jordan has a stading vert of like 14.5 inches? wtf??? running vert is 28 so thats decent. but 14 inches? can he even touch the board without a running start? i still cant believe this.
Gad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #84
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247

But get this: Only one player was unable to bench press 185 even once - Kevin Durant.

this is unfalkin believeable

that is only a plate and a twenty-five

any guy who moderately competes in rec sports can put that up at least ten times.

Kevin Durant= Brad Sellers
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #85
asd
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
It doesn't get harder the taller you are stupid. That has nothing to do with it at all. By you're reasoning all the guys in the NBA should be weaker than the person of average height because they're taller and it's 'harder" for them. If anything it should be easier for them.

Post of the Day!

Someone with "you're" reasoning must win a lot of arguments. I loved the part when you called him "stupid."
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 AM   #86
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
It doesn't get harder the taller you are stupid. That has nothing to do with it at all. By you're reasoning all the guys in the NBA should be weaker than the person of average height because they're taller and it's 'harder" for them. If anything it should be easier for them.

Not taller so to speak. But that massive wingspan does make it harder. The longer your arms the harder it is to bench press(simple physics, takes more force to lift a bigger distance). The fact that he is rail thin with a massive wingspan means he is not built for benching.

For example, Nate Robinson out benched everyone in his draft class but he couldn't knock half of them over because of the leverage that size will give you. Pushing(or punching) up against gravity is much harder than pushing down. It is why being tall is an advantage in boxing for instance. Bigger wingspan doesnt make you weaker so to speak but it does make the bench press a lot harder.

Now not being able to lift 185 even once if you way anything over 200 is pretty pathetic but it has a double meaning. Basically it means that Durant has done no weight training(should take a guy who is 215 about 2 weeks of weights and he should be able to at least single rep 185). Durant has scary potential if he lands with a good trainer who will push him. Basically his body has a lot of developing in it.

Also... Oden's standing and running vertical is only 2 inches different. That seems really small, anyone know how those are measured because I know that I would have at least 6 inches between them. His standing is really impressive, good sign for both shot blocking and rebounding where you generally dont get a run-up.

Both are outstanding prospects.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #87
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Not taller so to speak. But that massive wingspan does make it harder. The longer your arms the harder it is to bench press(simple physics, takes more force to lift a bigger distance). The fact that he is rail thin with a massive wingspan means he is not built for benching.

For example, Nate Robinson out benched everyone in his draft class but he couldn't knock half of them over because of the leverage that size will give you. Pushing(or punching) up against gravity is much harder than pushing down. It is why being tall is an advantage in boxing for instance. Bigger wingspan doesnt make you weaker so to speak but it does make the bench press a lot harder.

Now not being able to lift 185 even once if you way anything over 200 is pretty pathetic but it has a double meaning. Basically it means that Durant has done no weight training(should take a guy who is 215 about 2 weeks of weights and he should be able to at least single rep 185). Durant has scary potential if he lands with a good trainer who will push him. Basically his body has a lot of developing in it.

185 pounds is a joke, even if you have an eleven foot wingspan, so not being able to press it one time is monumentously pathetic.

Nate Robinson could have played in the NFL and he would knock over 99% of NBA players easily if he wanted to. The guys is rock solid.

Kevin Durant played Division one basketball at Texas. They do plenty of weight training, it is not the first time he ever saw a bench. It is stupid to assume that or to think some NBA trainer will be heads and shoulders above a collegiate one. The kid is weak, it will take years to correct, he will get bullied at the next level.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #88
monthh
Good High School Starter

Is there more than one way to measure body fat? Because there were a couple players under 3% in that list.

And I can't believe Durant did this bad on those drills. I don't think he is that bad as an athlete. Of course he will get better, but this is just further proof that it will take him a couple years before he really starts to dominate.

And I hope people also use these drills as further proof that DJ Stawberry will be a player in the NBA. 6-5 in shoes, 4.5% BF, 28" vert, 35" running vert, 21 reps, and towards the top in speed and agility. This guy is going to be a good player in the NBA.

Conley was also pretty impressive. Just more info that will make the Hawks choice easier. Carl Landry looks like an NBA ready player. Thaddeus Young was pretty impressive for a freshman. He is by far more athletic than Durant. I am kind of surprised how bad Julian Wright did. He is like Durant where to me they look more athletic while playing.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 AM   #89
trig
Decent college freshman

yeah durant is a bust, nobody should draft him from 1-8 so the bulls can draft him. yey yey hehe

can't believe he's slow in the test. he looks quick when playing but looks kinda awkward and not silky smooth. Everybody expects him not to get the benchpress, he's super thin and got octopus arms.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #90
Ron_Artesticle
Not airballing my layups anymore

These results never mean sh!t. Will Bynum tested as one of the best athletes 2 years back, and what has he done since? Monta Ellis tested 70th in that draft and we all know how athletic he is.
Ron_Artesticle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: