Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default The End of an Era, and it Doesn't Feel Good.

So, the news has broke that Kevin Garnett has finally been traded, and though I suppose it's good that we got somethign for him while we could, I don't care. It feels awful, and strange that Kevin Garnett is no longer a Wolves player.

The thirty-one year old Garnett is still in his prime, still a top 5 player, and still has the game to dominate ANYONE.

His best season was by far the 2003/2004 season, the only year in which the unreliable front office gave him what is needed to contend in the NBA. With Cassell and Spreewell as his major teammates, he averaged 24 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals on his way to the regular season MVP award, as well as some playoff achievements. They only lost when fellow All-Star Cassell was injured in the Western Conference Finals, and they still managed to take 2 games from the stacked Lakers team.

Its nice to see KG finally get another chance in Boston, hopefully he can capitalize. It doesnt feel good that we are starting over again after 13 years of opportunities with Garnett.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
DieHardCeltics
I brick open layups

Default Re: The End of an Era, and it Doesn't Feel Good.

yea my sencere apologies go to you but thank you for a great player.....i gave you al jefferson so dont be sad....i think he can put up kg numbers for sure trust me on that one i watched him all of last season hes that good....and as far as gerald green goes i think hes a bust.
DieHardCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Always look forward, never backward.

You have a young nucleus of Foye, Brewer, and Jefferson to watch grow and hopefully meld together. Once some of those contracts drop off (like Ratliff) you guys can grab a nice veteran free agent to lead and teach these young folks and hopefully start getting back into the post-season.

I know it stings to see a superstar go, especially one that you watched grow into the player he is today, but the T-Wolves were spinning their wheels. I think they have more hope now for future success than they did with KG in the mix.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

We are looking good. I don't know how this season will go, but in 3 years; we should be back on track.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

The Wolves have a bright future.

Do you think Ricky will be traded now? Who do you think you guys can get for Davis?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Id be happy to get a single mid first rounder rounder.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Hello, guys!

Bulls fan here....are you guys really happy with this trade? I still don't understand why McHale didn't accept Tyson Chandler, Luol Deng AND #2 pick, last year??? What's up with that? That trade is WAY better than Jefferson, Green and whatever else they got. Thoughts???
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
The Wolves have a bright future.

Do you think Ricky will be traded now? Who do you think you guys can get for Davis?

Ricky Davis is a unrestricted free agent after the 07-08 season so I doubt if he's traded unless he demands to go to a winning situation.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

it saddens me too ... for sure if kg wont win these year people will say that duncan is really better than kg
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
kgtrendsetter21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i agree...and while duncan has more on his resume win-wise...kg is the better player without a doubt. It's gonna be hard to look at the twolves the same way, and at the moment to even picture a starting lineup:

PG: Foye 2)Telfair 3)Jaric
SG: Davis? Hassell? McCants?
SF: Green? Brewer? Gomes?
PF: Jefferson (only other lock on roster)
C: Blount? Ratliff? Smith?
kgtrendsetter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
DieHardCeltics
I brick open layups

yea you guys' best chance is for gerald green to develope over day....he has alot crazy athletisism but hes not consistant so if gerald can become consistant itll be a good combo with him at the sf and jefferson at the pf.....and gomes is extremely consistant too so dont be too down u have a solid group of young kids.
DieHardCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

I hear the T-Wolves might waive Ryan Gomes and that he will resign with the Celtics. I'm going to miss KG pounding his chest in a Wolves uniform but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

I feel your pain, Timberwolves fans. I felt similar when VC was traded to the Nets. However, if you really think about it, KG could've and likely would've opted out of his contract next season and you'd receive nothing in return. Now, you at least have a young, talented big man to look forward to developing into the franchise. I'm doubting that the trade will translate to winning immediately, but 2 or 3 years down the road, there will be the light at the end of the tunnel.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

What do you think the future lineup will be?

This is how I see it.

PG-Telfair 6'0 (I hear his jumpshot has improve and he could be a good PG in the league as long as he stay out of trouble.)

SG-Foye 6'4 (Dude can ball no doubt.)

SF-Brewer 6'9 (His offensive game will come in time, but he wil be a good lock down defender.)

PF-Gomes 6'7 ( He shown he can go hard with the bigger forwards in the league with Boston last year.)

C-Jefferson 6'10 (The best next big man of the future.)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: