Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: pistons getting drumond!

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm not sure I'd so readily count them out. My motto on the current Pistons since the end of the season has been, "After a 4-20 start, they finished 21-21." They played .500 ball once the team began to gel. From there, we'd have to account for the (hopefully) continued improvement of our youngsters, namely Brandon Knight, Greg Monroe, and Jonas Jerebko, and perhaps some sort of new presence from the rookie big man who apparently is still close to being a high schooler.
    It would be better for them to get another high pick than contend for a playoff spot and still not make it. There will be some improved teams in the east this year. I think one of Wizards or Bucks definitely makes it. Maybe both

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    It would be better for them to get another high pick than contend for a playoff spot and still not make it. There will be some improved teams in the east this year. I think one of Wizards or Bucks definitely makes it. Maybe both
    I disagree. The Pistons finished '12 on a positive enough note that playing poorly in '13 to the point of warranting a high draft pick would be a killer to both team and fan morale. That doesn't mean making the playoffs is an expectation, I just think it'd do a lot more for the organization to see a ray of light at this point rather than languishing and seemingly going backward from the direction they were headed for the last 2/3's of the '12 season.

I like Lacobs quote on him...regarding other GM's thoughts on him.

[quote][B]"I

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat

[COLOR=#000000]

Guys like Drummond just don't slip that far if they have an ounce of BBIQ. There are physical specimens in each draft that match that description that don't make it past their first contract.
    [/COLOR]
    The guy is 18 years old, get him a legit coach and he'll be ok

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    The guy is 18 years old, get him a legit coach and he'll be ok
    I hope so, but I know it's not a guarantee. I'm just glad social media is advanced enough now that we have an ability to document nearly every single person who backed and supported Joe Dumars' selection of Drummond, thus perhaps limiting the amount of folks who'll later act as if they knew Dumars made a horrible pick (if Drummond doesn't turn out).

Then again, I'm sure people will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat

[COLOR=#000000]

Guys like Drummond just don't slip that far if they have an ounce of BBIQ. There are physical specimens in each draft that match that description that don't make it past their first contract.
    [/COLOR]
    NBA GMs have a herd mentality besides a select few.

29% from the FT line

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    29% from the FT line
    broken nose(had to wear mask( and spent the season changing his form on his jumpshot for the future. I expect that it will improve dramatically.

I cant lie, when we came up at 1.09 & Drummond was still there, I was screaming at the TV to take him! I LOVE this pick.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Damn, he looked like a 6'10 point guard in that mixtape . . .

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Oh god I was so pumped. Leading up to the draft I was terrified and completely bummed at the prospects of Leonard or Henson that I turned it after I bled some blue with the first two picks. I turn it back twenty minutes later and I see Drummond crying and NO On The Clock rolling on the ticker. I leaped up from the couch and yelped for joy.
    yeah, Im with you on this. Really did not want henson or leonard (though I preferred leonard). So glad he slipped to us, even if he doesnt pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    He is playing against high school kids who aren't nearly as physically mature as himself. If his skillset was as developed as you let on, he wouldn't have been the 4th scoring option on his team last year.

Drummond is just another athletic big with zero fundamentals. He's riding the "Could he be the next Dwight Howard?" wave. Simple as that. Right now people are reading way too much into his potential and too little in the likelihood he busts.