Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car decision

Default Car decision

these aren't my only two options but i need some assistance on a decision on two cars.
    this is one of them http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4555635196.html
    and i'm going to go see it tomorrow. the thing that worries me is that this car has a problem (can probably be fixed easily) but audis tend to break down a lot and they are expensive to fix.
    the other is a honda accord for $1200. problem is it has tons of miles (212k) but that's the only problem. the engine is a v6 and is newer than the car itself. i'll take some pictures of it tomorrow. i'm going to ask the seller how many miles the engine has on it. it needs some paint and there's a pretty big tear in the driver's seat but that's all.
    everyone is saying go with the honda because they don't break down often and they're cheap to fix but i want everyone's opinion. thank you

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Car decision

At your age id take an audi. Now id take an accord. Old Accords and Camrys are eternal. I have friends who keep them as second or third cars just in case.

That said.....you will be grown soon and possibly shopping for another car. If its just to push for the summer/next year maybe go with what you like best and save responsible decisions for later.

First one of my friends to get a car had an 84 Nissan 280Z. Cheap little sports car but it looked nice and was fun to drive.

Im sure he doesnt regret it even though he did eventually run it into a brick mailbox and spark a now 18 year fued with the owner of the house.....

Point is...if its a throwaway car for a year or two get what you like.

If you plan to keep it a long time get the Honda. A hondas engine could blow out and you would find one in 20 minutes for a few hundred dollars.

An audi engine goes out you are paying 800 dollars and your first daughters virginity just for parts. That wont get anyone to put it in for you.

Banned

for cars under $3000, I say just get what you really like. they will need repairs no matter what anyway.

you are spending even less, so if it catches your eye and it runs then just buy it.

don't listen to friends so much, most people just want an appliance and I don't think you are one of those types since you are considering an Audi.
    Last edited by flipogb; 07-06-2014 at 06:20 PM.

get the accord boi. kblaze is right, it runs forever. my dad got it in 03, gave it to me 2 years back and it still runs just as well with about 150k miles so far

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    At your age id take a Buick.
    Fixed.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nothing wrong with an 02 Buick Lesabre.

NBA Legend

At your age id take an audi. Now id take an accord. Old Accords and Camrys are eternal. I have friends who keep them as second or third cars just in case.

That said.....you will be grown soon and possibly shopping for another car. If its just to push for the summer/next year maybe go with what you like best and save responsible decisions for later.

First one of my friends to get a car had an 84 Nissan 280Z. Cheap little sports car but it looked nice and was fun to drive.

Im sure he doesnt regret it even though he did eventually run it into a brick mailbox and spark a now 18 year fued with the owner of the house.....

If you plan to keep it a long time get the Honda. A hondas engine could blow out and you would find one in 20 minutes for a few hundred dollars.

An audi engine goes out you are paying 800 dollars and your first daughters virginity just for parts. That wont get anyone to put it in for you.

Thats why I keep a couple spare Audi engines in my garage.

I bought an Audi at 20. I still loved the Audi, but wished I got something economical like a Honda or something. Toyota first if you want something that will last a long time and is cheap to repair or a Honda.

my thinking is this:
    any time that it is still running by the time i graduate is a bonus.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i like nissans myself, but get the accord over the audi.

My bro has a passat. Maintenance and parts for those cars is really expensive. I think VW/Audi reliability claims are a little overstated IMO.

If you want a cool looking car and like spending ridiculous amounts of money on maintenance and constant repairs get the Audi.

If you don't care about your car looking cool, and you want to save money while having a more dependable vehicle get the honda.

I've owned a Mercedes and a Jaguar and an Audi, the 94 camry I have now is the best of all them

NBA Superstar

I had a A4 quatro. transmission went out. they're apparently notorious for that. problem is its AWD and apparently its a huge pain to put those tranny's in, on top of it being Audi where Audi is a pain in the ass to work on compared to most cars. its like VW stupid. lets just say DIY is not probaby going to work for you with Audi's.

on the other hand Honda Accords IMO are the easiest DIY cars by far(other than civic/corrola maybe), very smart-simple put together with 10m everywhwere more or less, easy to find bolts, and swapping stuff out is rather simple. from what i've seen Accords have the best resale value of any car, people believe in them, and they generally run up to 300k at least....

i'd say Honda if you're not into the whole being vain thing. oh and obviously if anything ever does happen Audi is going to be extremely expensive to get parts for altho there are probably a lot of A4's sitting at junkyards with bad transmissions. Accords are everywhere tho, and the A/M market, along with the used market have massive supply for their parts.

edit - the Audi you're loooking at is misfiring. you could have a blown head gasket or something. HELL NO!!
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-06-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Buy the honda. The parts are cheaper than the Audi when you have to repair it.

Banned

HAHAH a child buying a car.

That car is older than the car i drove in high school

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Honda. Mine is sitting at 201and running fine