I am your soldier!

Default Offseason moves for 2012-2013

Re-sign Ray and KG for cheap?
    Re-sign Green?

Go hard after Javale McGee?
    Go after Gerald Wallace when it looks like he may opt out of Jersey?

What moves do you think they should make?

Default Re: Offseason moves for 2012-2013

Free agent targets:
    Jeff Green
    OJ Mayo (if possible)
    Stiemsma
    Delfino
    CJ Miles
    Spencer Hawes

I don't think there are any real trades that can be made.

I hope they bring back Green, Bass, Wilcox, and Steimsma.

KG and Allen too if they're willing to sign on the cheap.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Re-sign Ray and KG for cheap?
    Re-sign Green?

Go hard after Javale McGee?
    Go after Gerald Wallace when it looks like he may opt out of Jersey?

What moves do you think they should make?
    If Ray and KG accepts a cut it should be a no-brainer to bring them back. They both will be able to play and make a difference until they are 50 it seems. Watching KG on defense is a damn joy! He needs to retire a Celtic, damn it.

JaVale only if KG stays. If KG does not stay, I am not sure about JaVale. Altho there should be plenty of alley-oops with him and Rondo.

I guess Bass wants to get paid. We should throw some $$ his way. Depends on what he wants I guess. Green is also welcome back in, green.

I really want Steam-train to stay too. I can only see him getting better and I like what ive seen so far.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

The ideal team would be

Rondo / Moore / Dooling
    Bradley / Ray Allen / Pietrus
    Pierce / Green / Pietrus
    KG / Bass / Johnson
    Mcgee / Stiemsma / draft pick like Zeller/Leonard

Mcgee will run the break with Rondo and Bradley. That would be refreshing for us!

If Denver matches the offer for Mcgee then,

Rondo / Moore / Dooling
    Bradley / Ray Allen / Pietrus
    Pierce / Green / Pietrus
    Ilyasova / Bass / Johnson
    KG / Stiemsma / draft pick like Zeller/Leonard

Ilyasova is an unrestricted free agent. He is a very good rebounder, good 3 point shooter, helps to spread the floor for Rondo to work with! Would also be a free lane for Pierce to drive!

OJ Mayo is very good but it has to be 1 of Mayo/Allen since there won't be enough minutes for both!

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Ilyasova is an unrestricted free agent. He is a very good rebounder, good 3 point shooter, helps to spread the floor for Rondo to work with! Would also be a free lane for Pierce to drive!
    Didn't realize Ilyasova could be grabbed. I like his game a lot.

I really hope the Celtics go after Javale. Young, athletic, long, will feast with Rajon feeding him oops, and he'll learn under KG.

Banned

Resign KG, Jeff Green, Pietrus, Stiemsma and Dooling.

Sign Javale McGee, OJ Mayo and draft John Henson, Fab Melo and Furkan Aldemir.

2012-13 Celtics

C: Javale McGee / Greg Stiemsma / Fab Melo
    PF: Kevin Garnett / Brandon Bass / John Henson / JaJuan Johnson
    SF: Paul Pierce / Jeff Green / Mickael Pietrus
    SG: OJ Mayo / Avery Bradley
    PG: Rajon Rondo / E'Twaun Moore / Keyon Dooling

Bring Furkan Aldemir down to D-League

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

I Think Boston's best move will be to Try and stay competitive while making moves for the future.

1. Sign Mayo, Memphis wont have the cap space to match 10M+ so he is within reach as we have tons of cap space. I feel Mayo will be a great addition to Boston.

2. Resign KG (Hopefully Cheap). With no real dominant Center available to us KG shoud stay at Center. I feel Denver will match whatever is offered to McGee.

3. Let ray walk. Ray will leave for a contender since he was also very hurt after finding out he was nearly traded. Also With Mayo and Bradley, there wont be many minutes for Ray.

4. Resign Bass. He will most likely opt out of his player option and want more money.

5. Resign Green. He will come back to us and provide us with much needed energy off the bench along with avery bradley.

6. Resign some bench players to cover for injuries and garbage minutes for vet minimum like Pietrus, Wilcox, Daniels and Dooling.

7. Sign a back up Center. Here are some realistic options:
    Greg Stiemsma
    Omer Asik
    Marcus Camby
    Chris Kaman (if he signs for MLE or less)
    Nazr Mohammed
    Kwame Brown

Line up:
    Garnett / One of the above
    Bass / Green
    Pierce / Green
    Mayo / Bradley
    Rondo / Bradley

When KG and Pierce are gone, Boston will still have a decent core to move forward with in Rondo, Mayo, Bradley & Green.
    Last edited by jalbert009; 05-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

get derrick favors i dont know how ... get fab melo ... if we can sign oj mayo... that would be sweet...

garnett green bass should be back ... ray allen too...

Banned

Keep KG and Ray if possible for cheap.

I feel that Celtics should chase after Ilyasova over McGee. For some reason, I see more potential in Ersan. Plus Ersan's jumper is pretty good, so that will help Rondo a little.

I don't feel great about Celtics chasing after O.J. Mayo, unless he can properly play the PG role or Ray is leaving. If he can play PG, then great. Otherwise, he isn't going to help much w/ Bradley, Ray, Pietrus, and Pierce taking some minutes (Green moves to PF at times).

Keep Stiemsma, Wilcox and Bass as they are great backups. If Bass wants more money, then fck him.

Sign any good big.

EDIT: I would definitely try and chase Wallace. Dude is a beast in rebounds and Celtics can't fcking rebound well as a team
    Last edited by Killbot; 06-03-2012 at 04:07 AM.

When Bass opts out, he will get $8 million+. That's a hair too much.

Mayo does not want Boston. Neither should Boston. Celtics need frontcourt help considering Rondo and Bradley are cemented for the future. Jeff Green is priority. A stretch 3/4 would be huge for Boston.

The biggest question is do Doc and Danny see something in JJJ. They knew Avery would make it. Hopefully they see signs JJJ could become a starter in this league.

With an offseason and training camp, Moore can easily earn 15 MPG in the backcourt.

That leaves all of our cap space after Green for a center.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    When Bass opts out, he will get $8 million+. That's a hair too much.

Mayo does not want Boston. Neither should Boston. Celtics need frontcourt help considering Rondo and Bradley are cemented for the future. Jeff Green is priority. A stretch 3/4 would be huge for Boston.

The biggest question is do Doc and Danny see something in JJJ. They knew Avery would make it. Hopefully they see signs JJJ could become a starter in this league.

With an offseason and training camp, Moore can easily earn 15 MPG in the backcourt.

That leaves all of our cap space after Green for a center.
    This

Screw mayo Bradley should be our starting 2 guard for the future, his defensive instincts are to damn good for him to be coming off the bench.

Hopefully resign KG for cheap and pray that Jesus will accept coming off the bench and try and sign Ilyasova who was rebounding like a mad men this year

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    This

Screw mayo Bradley should be our starting 2 guard for the future, his defensive instincts are to damn good for him to be coming off the bench.

Hopefully resign KG for cheap and pray that Jesus will accept coming off the bench and try and sign Ilyasova who was rebounding like a mad men this year
    Definitely. If the C's get one of those nose-for-the-ball types, they will improve so much. They already have ridiculous defense but just can't rebound. Defensive rebounds = easy transition buckets, especially with Rondo.

Plus Ilyasova has a nice shooting stroke to keep the floor spaced. Add in the fact that he's 25...he should be the Celtics' target.

I have a good feeling about this draft also. Royce White reminds me of Pierce. I'm high on Andrew Nicholson who proved cold-blooded. Both should be available and fit the Celtics.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Definitely. If the C's get one of those nose-for-the-ball types, they will improve so much. They already have ridiculous defense but just can't rebound. Defensive rebounds = easy transition buckets, especially with Rondo.

Plus Ilyasova has a nice shooting stroke to keep the floor spaced. Add in the fact that he's 25...he should be the Celtics' target.
    Exactly and playing with Rondo + all those other vets =

I have a good feeling about this draft also. Royce White reminds me of Pierce. I'm high on Andrew Nicholson who proved cold-blooded. Both should be available and fit the Celtics
    I need to check out some of these guys, we need to get some more athelticism to run with Rondo