Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Your top/favorite stand up comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Please, son. And this is coming from an avid SNL fan who used to watch it while he was on. It's something about his nasally voice and how he always brings race into his shtick.
    Rock should have been on In Living Color at that time, but that's another story. Rock also talks more about politics, current events and relationships than race in his stand-up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Please, son. And this is coming from an avid SNL fan who used to watch it while he was on. It's something about his nasally voice and how he always brings race into his shtick.
    Yeah, I don't get the Chris Rock love. He has insane respect in the stand-up community while being ridiculously unfunny. I don't believe for a second these people actually like Chris Rock, they're just putting his name on their list because of his reputation as an all-time great.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    Yeah, I don't get the Chris Rock love. He has insane respect in the stand-up community while being ridiculously unfunny. I don't believe for a second these people actually like Chris Rock, they're just putting his name on their list because of his reputation as an all-time great.

The stand up community respects him because he's funny. He's an all-time great because he's funny.

Comedy Central ranked him #5 All-Time on their 100 greatest stand up way back in 2004. Ahead of Eddie Murphy, Seinfeld, Cosby, ect. Only Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Woody Allen were above him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

The stand up community respects him because he's funny. He's an all-time great because he's funny.

Comedy Central ranked him #5 All-Time on their 100 greatest stand up way back in 2004. Ahead of Eddie Murphy, Seinfeld, Cosby, ect. Only Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Woody Allen were above him.
    Cosby?

See, those lists are a joke. Popular doesn't mean funny. He's popular so you think he's funny. Chris Rock hasn't made me laugh in my entire life. At least Bill was funny on the Cosby show. (His standup was god awful though)

Cosby?

See, those lists are a joke. Popular doesn't mean funny. He's popular so you think he's funny. Chris Rock hasn't made me laugh in my entire life. At least Bill was funny on the Cosby show. (His standup was god awful though)
    Carrot Top is popular too, don't see him being respected in the comedy world.

You must really be into stand up if you think greats like Cosby and Rock are bad stand ups. You probably think Kevin James and Katt Williams are hilarious stand ups.

Cosby?

Have you seen some of his 70s standup specials?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Have you seen some of his 70s standup specials?
    Or his 60s albums. I don't think he knows. Probably thinks his first role was as Heathcliff Huxtable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Carrot Top is popular too, don't see him being respected in the comedy world.

You must really be into stand up if you think greats like Cosby and Rock are bad stand ups. You probably think Kevin James and Katt Williams are hilarious stand ups.
    I'm not that into stand-up at all... I just know these A-list actors/comedians usually aren't the funniest stand-ups. It's always pretty cheesy stuff with those characters. You can't relate to them at all. Larger than life personalities but not the funniest stand-ups. I have the ability to differentiate

So yeah, give me a dane cook or a katt williams any day over a ****ing chris rock. Kevin James isn't bad. He's funnier than rock.

I'm not that into stand-up at all... I just know these A-list actors/comedians usually aren't the funniest stand-ups. It's always pretty cheesy stuff with those characters. You can't relate to them at all. Larger than life personalities but not the funniest stand-ups. I have the ability to differentiate

So yeah, give me a dane cook or a katt williams any day over a ****ing chris rock. Kevin James isn't bad. He's funnier than rock.
    Doesn't watch stand up, yet thinks the stand up list is a joke.

Damn, I new it. Shit, this guy thinks Kevin James isn't bad. He is bad.
    Dane Cook better than Chris Rock ...

What a fkin idiot. Lie down in a puddle of muddy water and catch leptospirosis.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Elephant in the Room is one of my favorite specials ever.

"I bet your pu$$y tastes like HOPE"
    lol thanks for this

I watched a bunch of Russell Peters yesterday. Love his racist jokes

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

i'm digging steve trevino these days, check out the clip below from his 'relatable' stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NwrpibqFY

I'm also not a Chris Rock fan, just not my style. From the newer gen comedians, I like Ansari and Peters. All time: Carlin, Murphy, and Chappelle (my fav).

bill burr

I like Jimmy Carr too, although his latest Netflix special was probably one of his worst. The older ones are great though.