Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Re: Sac Kings sing Matt Barnes ($12m/2yrs) and Garrett Temple ($24m/3yrs)

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Well yeah.

Bulls got Rondo for that amount. There's been plenty of overpays too, it's not just a Kings thing.

What I'm saying is, you gotta get best player available rather than settle for scraps.

Quality over quantity they say.
    Do you, like, follow off-court NBA stuff? What FAs wanna go to the Kings? Plenty have passed up more money to go elsewhere. These ARE the best players available for the Kings.

Default Re: Sac Kings sing Matt Barnes ($12m/2yrs) and Garrett Temple ($24m/3yrs)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Do you, like, follow off-court NBA stuff? What FAs wanna go to the Kings? Plenty have passed up more money to go elsewhere. These ARE the best players available for the Kings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to bash the Kings or its fans.

Just saying that I'm tired of seeing struggling teams make the same mistake.

You have to set out a plan and stick to it. That includes not settling for ANYTHING, because that shows the stars that you have that you can properly run a team.

Potential suitors look at the Kings as plan B or C, or a team who will throw absurd money to get anyone.

That is the perception

Well yeah.

Bulls got Rondo for that amount. There's been plenty of overpays too, it's not just a Kings thing.

What I'm saying is, you gotta get best player available rather than settle for scraps.

Quality over quantity they say.
    The Kings didn't overpay, everything were short 2-3 years contracts to meet the cap floor for the next two years. Rondo no longer plays defense, so it was likely a coaching move. Not really a dropoff going to Collison, after he gets all his legal shit sorted out.

Cheese and BKF OWNING this thread right now...

I wonder what's going to happen with Rudy and Koufos

The trades are going to start rolling once Durant chooses

We need a backup PG

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to bash the Kings or its fans.

Just saying that I'm tired of seeing struggling teams make the same mistake.

You have to set out a plan and stick to it. That includes not settling for ANYTHING, because that shows the stars that you have that you can properly run a team.

Potential suitors look at the Kings as plan B or C, or a team who will throw absurd money to get anyone.

That is the perception
    I mean, I'm not a GM. But I can tell you it's not as easy as you think it seems to be. This isn't 2k. Kings can offer max to Conley, Biyambo, Parsons, etc. They ain't coming, dude. Beggars can't be choosers. Being uncompromising isn't always the best business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    We need a backup PG
    STARTING PG, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I mean, I'm not a GM. But I can tell you it's not as easy as you think it seems to be. This isn't 2k. Kings can offer max to Conley, Biyambo, Parsons, etc. They ain't coming, dude. Beggars can't be choosers. Being uncompromising isn't always the best business model.

STARTING PG, imo...
    You not sold on Darren playing this year with the domestic violence thing?

I really wanted Barnes to stay in Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    You not sold on Darren playing this year with the domestic violence thing?
    off-court stuff aside, I just think Kings could upgrade at the PG. King's should've got in that George Hill trade, tried trading for Dragic before Whiteside re-signed, or trade for Rubio now, etc.

What an absolute mess of a roster..

Hope they trade cousins, I want to see what he can do away from that disaster of an organisation

Not airballing my layups anymore

Sixers are watching..............The 2017 SacSwap

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    What an absolute mess of a roster..

Hope they trade cousins, I want to see what he can do away from that disaster of an organisation

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    OOOOOOOOOOOO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!