Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Let's see if we can come up with some trade ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs
If this trade was possible, the Raptors would end the season with this:

PG Calderon/Solomon/Ukic
SG Belinelli/Parker
SF Wallace/Wright
PF Bosh/Humphries/Wright
C O'Neal/Voskuhl

Yeah... I'm dreaming

the trade looks very good.. except we'll have a thin bench, but can always pick up some dudes from D-league.. probably need to pick up another bench SF
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
the trade looks very good.. except we'll have a thin bench, but can always pick up some dudes from D-league.. probably need to pick up another bench SF

Back up point guard is still a issue ..... if we want to make it out of the first round ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Damn. One of the better (and at least borderline-realistic) trade proposals I've ever seen on this board. At first glance it's clearly skewed in the Raptors favor, but Charlotte does well too and Golden State, well, nothing needs to make much sense for them. Each of the three teams is really only giving up players they're not very attached to, aside from maybe Bargnani, but in a deal like that you'd hope Colangelo wouldn't hesitate.

You made my day just getting me thinking about something like this. Then you brought me down when I realized it makes way too much sense to ever happen.

Thanks for the props... I just did my homework before posting my trade idea. But no matter how I tried to tweak the deal, I felt it was still kinda homerish hence why I added the possibility of adding picks to the trade, that's the only way to ensure that G.S. and Charlotte get more in the deal and that the contracts match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Back up point guard is still a issue ..... if we want to make it out of the first round ......

Au contraire mon frere! Belinelli can play the point, he's put in quality minutes as point guard for the Warriors. I feel the team need another roster overhaul, making the playoffs would be nice, making the second round... that's a bet I won't take right now.

Last edited by pocketWs : 12-23-2008 at 05:44 PM.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13

Wallace: I've spoke about many time, the absolute cure for what ails us. Slashing, Perimeter D, rebounding, athleticism, solid character. Anyone but Bosh for him and I would not complain.

So you would be willing to give Jermaine away for G Wallace and let bosh play the 5? You would be willing to give Jose Calderon away for G Wallace and let Will Solomon run the point?
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #20
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
So you would be willing to give Jermaine away for G Wallace and let bosh play the 5? You would be willing to give Jose Calderon away for G Wallace and let Will Solomon run the point?

Jose and Bargnani for Ray Felton and G-Wallce ....

PG Felton//Rokic
SG Parker//Kapono
SF Wallce//Moon//Graham
PF Bosh//Humphrey
C O'Neil//Voskuhl

That's the only way we could get Wallace and still get a very good young point guard in return ..... i would rather have Randy Foye and Mike Miller instead tho ......
Old 12-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Quote:

PG Felton//Rokic
SG Parker//Kapono
SF Wallce//Moon//Graham
PF Bosh//Humphrey
C O'Neil//Voskuhl

That's the only way we could get Wallace and still get a very good young point guard in return ..... i would rather have Randy Foye and Mike Miller instead tho ......

Now it makes more sense.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #22
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
Now it makes more sense.

Yea .... Felton is above average point guard and he can run the show in a up tempo offense and we get that " Small Forward " everyone here is always talking about in G-Wallce ..... AND! we still have Chris Bosh and Jeremaine O'Neil ...... YES!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #23
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:

PG Felton//Rokic
SG Parker//Kapono
SF Wallce//Moon//Graham
PF Bosh//Humphrey
C O'Neil//Voskuhl

The only reason why Charlotte is willing to part with Raymond Felton is because they are ready to rely on D.J. Augustin to take over the point guard for the Bobcats, if they were to pick-up another PG it would only be for back-up minutes. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=3415
Jose's 5 year 7+million contract isn't attractive to a capped-out team that isn't playing very well. Charlotte made a decision in regards to the point guard position D.J. Augustin will be the regular starter for the Bobcats. Felton is being shopped because he has value and they want something back for him before his contract expires.
I'd be very happy if Charlotte would bite on such a deal but it can't happen (unless both teams make a few moves prior to this deal) due to the fact that the salaries simply don't match.

Last edited by pocketWs : 12-24-2008 at 06:42 AM.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #24
bonez26
Local High School Star

Bargnani and Parker

For Tayshaun prince. It gives the Pistons a young guys to byuild on and he will get time after this year when Rasheed and Mcdyess leaves. Also gives them slight salary cap relief with Parker.

The Raps get a slashing defensive minded three that is long and will help out on the boards. You could even add a pick to sweeten the pot.

Thoughts

I also really like any trade for GWallace too, as I see him a great fit for this team.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Bargnani and Parker

For Tayshaun prince. It gives the Pistons a young guys to byuild on and he will get time after this year when Rasheed and Mcdyess leaves. Also gives them slight salary cap relief with Parker.

Not that I wouldn't instantly pull the trigger as a Raptors fan, but if that goes down, Joe D will have officially lost his mind. Prince quietly is and has been the best player on that team for years. And Bargnani might be the worst possible fit for the Pistons.

With guys like Stuckey, Maxiell, Amir Johnson etc the Pistons aren't hurting for youth, let alone enough to dump one of the best all-around players in the league to pick up Bargnani. With Wallace, Iverson and Hamilton all gone within two years from now, Prince will be leading that team along with Stuckey and whichever of the big-name FA's they sign with the ridiculous cap space they'll have.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #26
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Bargnani and Parker

The Raps get a slashing defensive minded three that is long and will help out on the boards. You could even add a pick to sweeten the pot.

Thoughts

I also really like any trade for GWallace too, as I see him a great fit for this team.

deal would be AMAZING for raptors, but really don't see Detroit doing it

btw, i would take Tayshaun over GWallace.. Tayshaun is one of my favourite players
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #27
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
btw, i would take Tayshaun over GWallace.. Tayshaun is one of my favourite players

So awkward and lanky, but so talented. He does all the intangible things that make your team go over the top. We don't have one of those players. Last time we did it was like JYD, but he can't score, unlike the versatile Prince. Pistons would never do this. They are going to keep Rip and Prince there as long as possible, especially after trading Billups. But we do need a player like that. Reading these boards have been pissing me off. Seeing all the great trade ideas and knowing that none of them will ever go through. . I'm going to go shovel. Peace.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: