Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #16
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Default Re: Madden 11 Team Ratings Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Ratliff should be maybe a couple of points higher, but he shouldnt be a 97 or 98. No way. He is a great DT, but he's not a play-making game changer. There's not that much players who are in the 98-99 range. Ratliff is easily a top 3 DT, but he's not in that area code.

I'd put Felix and Marion around the same ratings, but just make sure their attributes are TOTALLY different b/c they are TOTALLY different backs.

Could you imagine making a living giving all these guys ratings on a video game? I'd KILL for a job like that lol.
I don't know if they have fun rating the players or not...

Someone on the Madden forums explained it as though there is just one guy that works for EA that is responsible for the ratings...I always imagined it to be a group effort of some sort...lots of voting and averaging...

regardless of who does it, it is impossible to plaese everyone...no matter how accurate the ratings are, every year they have to listen to TONS of bitching and complaining...

Madden junkies even say "Madden is all about complaining"...

people are addicted to the game, but will complain about it al day long...lol...it is really unique in that way...from the game play, to the ratings, to glitches/exploits, ect...people b*tch and moan and b*tch and moan more about Madden than any other game and STILL buy it every year...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Yeah. Everyone wants it to be perfect, but it'll never be perfect. I was VERY pleased last year. I only had a few complaints, and they are easy fixes.

I'd personally LOVE to have that job - doing the player ratings. I could handle with all the bitching and moaning. No one would EVER be happy unless they all got 99s and even then, there'd still be complaints. It comes with the job, just like any job really. I'd take a job like that in a heartbeat personally lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Yeah. Everyone wants it to be perfect, but it'll never be perfect. I was VERY pleased last year. I only had a few complaints, and they are easy fixes.

I'd personally LOVE to have that job - doing the player ratings. I could handle with all the bitching and moaning. No one would EVER be happy unless they all got 99s and even then, there'd still be complaints. It comes with the job, just like any job really. I'd take a job like that in a heartbeat personally lol.
I work in the game industry and from what I understand EA is a sweat shop for the most part...

I beleive the company that makes Madden is somewhere in Florida...but I think for the most part all those people are forced to work extrememly long hours, cause the dev time is less than a year, every year....and for the most part they are very under paid...

but the people that rate the players?...yeah I have no idea who does it, or how it is decided...

I bet it isn't nearly as fun as you imagine it to be though...and I bet there are alot of arguements and complaints within the company itself...i bet not even all of them are happy with the final outcome...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #19
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

http://www.tiburon.com/

^^^ they make Madden...in Orlando
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #20
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Yeah. I saw a blog somewhere explaining the ins and outs of Madden. And that players from U of Fla get a couple of extra points (or used to) b/c the guys making the game were so Florida-biased.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

okay...apparently it is just one guy that rates them all...

his name is Donny Moore the "Ratings Czar"

^^^ I believe that is him right there

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/402.page

^^^ he has a forum where he will talk to the fans about why he rated certain players a certain way...but I see he only has 125 posts, so that tells me he doesn't spend alot of time explaining to people why he ranked a certain way...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

They have one guy do all the rankings? That's seems awfully stupid.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
They have one guy do all the rankings? That's seems awfully stupid.
yes it does...

after reading a little though I think that he claims that he uses input from the Madden community when he ranks...

Madden is a multi-million dollar a year cash cow from hell...it can't be him just laying around watching NFL replays and then deciding what to rank people...

I do want that MFer's job now though... ...MK2 is right, it might be worth all the b*tching and moaning he gets...

I asked in the forums what the process for ranking was just now and someone replied with this:

Quote:
Possible Thought Processes

1."Lets see here, Tony Romo is a big name, lets give him a 90"
2. "Hmm, DeAngelo Hall is going from the Raiders to the Redskins, lets decrease his rating from 93 to 79" (several years ago)
3. "Wow, this 73ovr linebacker is going to the Patriots/Cowboys/Chargers, we better make him a 92ovr"
4. "This RB didn't run a 40 yard dash at the combine, lets make up a 4.4, give him 89 speed, and then give 92
speed to the 4.5 that another RB actually did run"
5. "Tim Tebow was good in college, lets make him stronger then the average offensive lineman"
6. "Albert Haynesworth had trouble in the offseason, lets decrease him from 98ovr to 85"

Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

If you had the job every Cowboy or ex-Sooner would be a 99.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
If you had the job every Cowboy or ex-Sooner would be a 99.
yeah, I would be like Clark Kent...I would have to try my hardest to hide my secret identity as a Cowboy's fan...

then try and come up with wild wild explainations each year to convince people what I did makes since...

"why is Malcolm Kelly in the top 10?...well if you look at what he did in college and the combine and then add in the fact that Dan Snyder refuses to give him a chance and he had to play with Campbell blah blah blah...you would see that it makes perfect sense for him to be ranked 95 overall..."

Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #26
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

also if I had the job somehow Deion would still be playing for Dallas in his prime...
Old 07-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #27
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

I'm tellin you man. It'd be an awesome job. Yes, you'd get a lot of criticism, but all the best jobs in anything like that comes with a ton of criticism. Just imagine, you go to the office and you just focus on "rating" players for a video game ALL year long.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: