Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #46
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,806
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawker
god hillbilly cracker damn! you are the most uptight poster ever.

Maybe not, maybe so. At least read the entire interaction before making such extreme claims. Either way, yes I am very unflinchingly opinionated.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #47
DirkNowitzki41
#MFFL
 
DirkNowitzki41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,211
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Like what EricGordon said, her music is catchy, whenever I hear a Swift song I blast that sht, I don't even think about the lyrics.

Although I do find it extremely odd that a 50 year old would like her songs, I wouldn't go as far as to call them pedos.

She is older than me so it's all good. Plus, I find her extremely attractive. swift da bess

DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #48
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 16,311
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Her real age is irrelevant in the context of the style of music she makes. Her music and lyrics reflect that of a much younger girl than she is. That's what it's about. It's not about saying that you must be a pedophile if you find Taylor Swift attractive. I'm saying it's pretty questionable that a 50 year old man would listen to music geared toward 14 year old's. It's geared towards 14 year old's for a reason.


please give examples to prove your case instead of making blanket comments while assuming nobody here will challenge you b/c they don't listen to her music.

otherwise all you are doing is lazy ass hating.

Last edited by kentatm : 12-24-2010 at 10:32 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #49
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY
 
JohnWall2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,650
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Like what EricGordon said, her music is catchy, whenever I hear a Swift song I blast that sht, I don't even think about the lyrics.

Although I do find it extremely odd that a 50 year old would like her songs, I wouldn't go as far as to call them pedos.

She is older than me so it's all good. Plus, I find her extremely attractive. swift da bess

now dirk has arrived
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #50
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,075
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
please give examples to prove your case instead of making blanket comments while assuming nobody here will challenge you b/c they don't listen to her music.

talk about lazy ass hating.

Prove my case about what?

Here are some lyrics if that's what you're asking for:

15 Lyrics

"You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors
Its the morning of your very first day
you say hi to your friends you aint seen in a while
Try and stay out of everybodys way
its your freshman year and youre gonna be here
for the next four years in this town
hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say
you know I havent seen you around, before

Cause when youre fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
youre gonna believe them
and when youre fifteen
feeling like there nothing to figure out
well count to ten, take it in
this is life before who youre gonna be
fifteen

You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail
and soon enough youre best friends
laughing at the other girls who think theyre so cool
well be out of here as soon as we can
and then youre on your very first date and hes got a car
and youre feeling like flying
and youre momas waiting up and you think hes the one
and youre dancing round your room when the night end
when the night ends

[15 Lyrics On http://www.elyricsworld.com/ ]

Cause when youre fifteen and somebody tell you they love you
youre gonna believe them
when youre fifteen and your first kiss
makes your head spin round but
in your life youll do greater than dating the boy on the football team
but I didnt know it at fifteen

When all you wanted was to be wanted
wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now
Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday
but I realized some bigger dreams of mine

and Abigail gave everything she had to a boy
who changed his mind and we both cried

Cause when youre fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
youre gonna believe them
and when youre fifteen, dont forget to look before you fall
Ive found that time can heal most anything
and you just might find who youre supposed to be
I didnt know who I was supposed to be at fifteen

La la la la la .. la la la la la . La la la la la

Youre very first day
take a deep breath girl
take a deep breath as you walk through those doors."

Explain to me what a 50 year man would get out of that.


The old "Hater" line. Seriously, are you 15 yourself? Anybody above that age shouldn't be going around this internet fad "hater" stuff. I mean, c'mon now.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #51
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,073
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

a 50 yr old guy being a die hard fan would be pretty strange especially if he doesn't have a kid that is also. definitely pedo-like in that respect.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #52
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 16,311
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Prove my case about what?



Explain to me what a 50 year man would get out of that.


The old "Hater" line. Seriously, are you 15 yourself? Anybody above that age shouldn't be going around this internet fad "hater" stuff. I mean, c'mon now.


Ok, a song about being young and dealing with the joy and pain of young love. Big deal. Give some more examples that show the music is only appealing to young teenage girls.

and how do you even know if that 50 year old man likes that song?

you are acting like a hater which is why I said it. Don't be a pissy baby about it. Also, please get off your high horse. You are doing nothing but looking like a jackass. Oh wait... I guess I shouldn't use that old timey fad of a word to describe somebody either ehh?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #53
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,075
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Ok, a song about being young. Big deal. Give some more examples.

and how do you even know if that 50 year old man likes that song?

you are acting like a hater which is why I said it. Don't be a pissy baby about it. Also, please get off your high horse. You are doing nothing but looking like a jackass. Oh wait... I guess I shouldn't use that old timey fad of a word to describe somebody either ehh?

Quote:
The Best Day lyrics
Songwriters: Swift, Taylor Alison;

I'm five years old, it's getting cold, I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you, I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides, look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/taylor...ay-lyrics.html ]
But I know I had the best day with you today

I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you

There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world

And now I know why the all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today

The jackass is the guy who can't seem to form any argument other than "You're a hater". That guy happens to be you.

I'm asking you to not use cheap fads as your arguments. If you got anything reasonable to say against my claims then come out and say it instead of going with that lazy "hater" garbage that ANYONE can spew out anytime they don't agree with something.

It's kind of ironic that you go on about my so called "lazy hating" but all you can respond with is lazy generic retorts like the ones you've posted here.

You still haven't given a reasonable reason why a 50 year old man would want to listen to 15 year old girl type of love lyrics.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 12-24-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #54
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,075
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Ok, a song about being young and dealing with the joy and pain of young love. Big deal. Give some more examples that show the music is only appealing to young teenage girls.

and how do you even know if that 50 year old man likes that song?

you are acting like a hater which is why I said it. Don't be a pissy baby about it. Also, please get off your high horse. You are doing nothing but looking like a jackass. Oh wait... I guess I shouldn't use that old timey fad of a word to describe somebody either ehh?

Furthermore, if you want to disagree or make an argument... Then fine. But calling somebody a "Hater" rarely amounts to a productive debate. Someone suggested that maybe someone could simply enjoy the music instead of the lyrics. I would find it sad that someone 50 years old would listen to something just because it's catchy, but it's sure more reasonable than what you posted, and so I can take that argument into consideration.

I find a 50 year old man listening to music that's geared toward young girls to be creepy and very possibly linked to being a pedophile. You sure haven't given me any reason to consider changing my stance on this issue.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #55
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star
 
PHX_Phan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

This thread should just end on the grounds that Taylor Swift is of age. Even if a 50 year old man was attracted to her and not her music, it's still not pedophilia.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #56
DeronMillsap
Banned
 
DeronMillsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Racist tranny lover
Posts: 5,005
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

I like some of her songs. She actually writes some lyrics that are relative to her life unlike a lot of other pop artists. For ex: Katy Perry. I can't stand her music, whenever it comes on the radio I feel like I'm gonna crash my car.

It sucks that one of them have the look and the other have the musical talent.

Katy Perry looks + Taylor Swift musical talent = Perfect pop artists.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #57
EricGordon23
Good college starter
 
EricGordon23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,449
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
.

Katy Perry looks + Taylor Swift musical talent = Perfect pop artists.

OMG I'd Cream
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #58
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 16,311
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
The jackass is the guy who can't seem to form any argument other than "You're a hater". That guy happens to be you.

I'm asking you to not use cheap fads as your arguments. If you got anything reasonable to say against my claims then come out and say it instead of going with that lazy "hater" garbage that ANYONE can spew out anytime they don't agree with something.

It's kind of ironic that you go on about my so called "lazy hating" but all you can respond with is lazy generic retorts like the ones you've posted here.

You still haven't given a reasonable reason why a 50 year old man would want to listen to 15 year old girl type of love lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Furthermore, if you want to disagree or make an argument... Then fine. But calling somebody a "Hater" rarely amounts to a productive debate. Someone suggested that maybe someone could simply enjoy the music instead of the lyrics. I would find it sad that someone 50 years old would listen to something just because it's catchy, but it's sure more reasonable than what you posted, and so I can take that argument into consideration.

I find a 50 year old man listening to music that's geared toward young girls to be creepy and very possibly linked to being a pedophile. You sure haven't given me any reason to consider changing my stance on this issue.


You were not giving anything other than vague declarative statements. You offered no proof of your criticisms. Ergo, you were hating. The burden of proof is on you when you make the claim kid. You even went so far as to claim that if you like TS and are of a certain age, you must be a pedophile. That is nothing BUT hating.

Stop crying abut the language I used to label your behavior. If you don't like it, don't act that way.

and once again, a song about growing up does not mean its aimed only at little kids. You seem to have difficulty understanding that.

Last edited by kentatm : 12-24-2010 at 11:58 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #59
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,384
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

By this same logic all music is geared towards only on demographic and thus should only be liked by that demographic, otherwise the person from outside the demographic has ulterior motives.

But on the real Swift's music is just as mature as some other pop stars. She just happens to have a large young girl following.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #60
EricGordon23
Good college starter
 
EricGordon23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,449
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
By this same logic all music is geared towards only on demographic and thus should only be liked by that demographic, otherwise the person from outside the demographic has ulterior motives.

But on the real Swift's music is just as mature as some other pop stars. She just happens to have a large young girl following.


Boom this guys got it. Nailed it on the coffin is what an old person would say.!
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy