Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Default Jedi Mind Tricks Thread

If you've never heard of JMT (Jedi Mind Tricks) - you're missing out.

Take a listen to these tracks; add your $0.02.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM - Uncommon Valor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eaTNnN1Ph8 - On the Eve of War - feat. GZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgAR1Dgpg_U - Razorblade Salvation

_____

If anyone's interested let me know, I'll add more.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Default Re: Jedi Mind Tricks Thread

On The Eve Of War is among my all-time favorite rap songs ever!!
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Blood in Blood Out, SUCH A Beautiful beat.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
Take Your Lumps
Banned

I lost interest when Jus Allah left......is he back yet?

Vinnie Paz is an annoying ****.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
Vinnie Paz is an annoying ****.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Ghengis Khan, The Deer Hunter, and that hidden track are my favorite JMT raps.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Jedi who?
/\bstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Listen to the links I posted. They're a rap/hip hop group.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat

Just my opinion. I actually met him after a show a few years ago so I'm not just talking outta my ass here

So what's the deal with Jus Allah? I heard he was coming back for the next album.

People can argue all day about who's the better emcee but the truth is Stoupe = #1
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

I agree that Vinnie Paz is usually an annoying tw*t. Razorblade Salvation is sick though. And Stoupe and Jus are brilliant.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Immortal Technique is the best underground MC.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #12
gb8
Extra Cheese

Jedi Mind are pretty cool, am not convinced with some of their actual rapping skills in regards to MCing.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Heh, some of their lyrics are so vulgar. They're definitely solid, just... graphic.

Listen to some Necro. Damn.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Violence Begets Violence is JMT's best album since Violent by Design. If you ask me, personally, it's better. To the JMT camp, that's blasphemy, but that same circle will openly concur that VBV is their best album in a very, VERY long time.

I had practically given up on these dudes, but with Jus Allah finally back in top form (technically, dude hooked back up with JMT on the prior album, History of Violence, but dud sounded winded) ... on VBV, da god Jus Allah comes to ill. There's no better description, ill. Maybe hungry too? His focus is unparalleled to just about anything I've ever heard before. If you listen to Jus Allah on JMT's earlier works, he sounds like he's barely in his 20's ... cool clam collected on Violent by Design, but then out of nowhere dude comes with some rugged grimy 43 year old been living off the streets "Will Murder MC's 4 Food" level shit.

If anyone has yet to listen to this album, damn, you're missing out. I realize Jedi hasn't been relevant in awhile, but this album will change your mind, guaranteed. Others who have heard this beast, I'm confident they'll agree. The most surprising aspect of this album? Stoupe (the enemy of mankind) is entirely absent from this gem. The producers who replaced him did a damn good job mimicking his sound though. If you were familiar with his sound on prior JMT albums, and went into listening to VBV blindfolded (not knowing the project was with brand new producers) - you wouldn't even know.

The sound is incredibly similar to a young hungry Stoupe sound. The album is beautiful ... but it's some true hardcore mess. Every track they go hard, especially Jus Allah. Production is great, lyricism (again Jus Allah comin' correct) exceptional, overall product is one of the best rap albums in recent years (weak era, but still).
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #15
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
Violence Begets Violence is JMT's best album since Violent by Design. If you ask me, personally, it's better. To the JMT camp, that's blasphemy, but that same circle will openly concur that VBV is their best album in a very, VERY long time.

I had practically given up on these dudes, but with Jus Allah finally back in top form (technically, dude hooked back up with JMT on the prior album, History of Violence, but dud sounded winded) ... on VBV, da god Jus Allah comes to ill. There's no better description, ill. Maybe hungry too? His focus is unparalleled to just about anything I've ever heard before. If you listen to Jus Allah on JMT's earlier works, he sounds like he's barely in his 20's ... cool clam collected on Violent by Design, but then out of nowhere dude comes with some rugged grimy 43 year old been living off the streets "Will Murder MC's 4 Food" level shit.

If anyone has yet to listen to this album, damn, you're missing out. I realize Jedi hasn't been relevant in awhile, but this album will change your mind, guaranteed. Others who have heard this beast, I'm confident they'll agree. The most surprising aspect of this album? Stoupe (the enemy of mankind) is entirely absent from this gem. The producers who replaced him did a damn good job mimicking his sound though. If you were familiar with his sound on prior JMT albums, and went into listening to VBV blindfolded (not knowing the project was with brand new producers) - you wouldn't even know.

The sound is incredibly similar to a young hungry Stoupe sound. The album is beautiful ... but it's some true hardcore mess. Every track they go hard, especially Jus Allah. Production is great, lyricism (again Jus Allah comin' correct) exceptional, overall product is one of the best rap albums in recent years (weak era, but still).

100% right i was skeptical about vbv when i heard stoupe wasn't producing it. but i love the album and jus allah murdered it love his verse on design in malice. i also love willing a destruction onto humanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l75Z8wil_U

Last edited by Styles p : 07-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: