Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
rwsylver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Boozer's Minutes

Has anyone else noticed that Booze's minutes are down and seem to be going even more down. Taj is getting more minutes and Deng is out there allllll the time.
I know that Booz isn't what Thibs want on defense but damn Chicago knew what they were getting when they signed him and they signed him to a huge deal!
I feel they need the guy out on the court as much as they can get him out there. His minutes are like 30 a game. Deng's are like 42! That is crazy! I've noticed that he comes out at about the 6min mark of the 3rd 1/4 and doesn't go back until maybe there's only 3 or 4mins left in the 4th. He's too important a player to be fooling around w/his minutes like that. In Utah he and DWill were averaging about 38to40mins a game. I'm not sure what Thibs is doing but it looks to me like he's playing w/Booz's head and he is going to be asking for trouble because come playoff time who knows what's going to happen.
Has anyone else noticed this. And whats up with all the minutes for Deng!!!! Brewer and Korver can play too!!!!! He's just shooting up 3's like there going out of style!

Last edited by rwsylver : 02-17-2011 at 04:08 PM.
rwsylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
jasonresno
Banned

Default Re: Boozer's Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsylver
Has anyone else noticed that Booze's minutes are down and seem to be going even more down. Taj is getting more minutes and Deng is out there allllll the time.
I know that Booz isn't what Thibs want on defense but damn Chicago knew what they were getting when they signed him and they signed him to a huge deal!
I feel they need the guy out on the court as much as they can get him out there. His minutes are like 30 a game. Deng's are like 42! That is crazy! I've noticed that he comes out at about the 6min mark of the 3rd 1/4 and doesn't go back until maybe there's only 3 or 4mins left in the 4th. He's too important a player to be fooling around w/his minutes like that. In Utah he and DWill were averaging about 38to40mins a game. I'm not sure what Thibs is doing but it looks to me like he's playing w/Booz's head and he is going to be asking for trouble because come playoff time who knows what's going to happen.
Has anyone else noticed this. And whats up with all the minutes for Deng!!!! Brewer and Korver can play too!!!!! He's just shooting up 3's like there going out of style!
I don't mind how often Brewer is getting out there, he's logging pretty decent minutes in place of Bogans. But the Boozer thing is confusing, to say the least. He gets pulled all the time at pretty odd points. We're winning and Taj is playing OK, so I'm not going to fight with it.

Whenever Korver comes on the floor we lose a lot on the defensive end. he tries hard but he just can't keep up like Deng/Brewer can. I REALLY wish we'd cut down on Dengs minutes, though. Give JJ just 5 minutes a game, at the end of quarters, and Deng can get a really good break in and stay fresher. Seriously though. Put JJ in the last minute or so of the first two or three quarters of the game and Deng will get that minute PLUS time spent between quarters to rest his legs.

Luols been a machine this year, I'm impressed.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I'm willing to bet that Boozer is on a minute plan, so he's ready for the post-season.

Don't worry about his minutes being down, unless you have Booz for your fantasy league(and I really dont care then!! LOL). He's not getting the cold shoulder. He's not getting replaced by Taj, he's only getting the right amount of minutes, because he has been injury prone.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Most of Thibs substitutions that leave the fans heads cratching have to do with defensive matchups.

Yesterday most of the people complained as to why Boozer left the 1st quarter that early. It had to do with Blair's second foul.

Bonner is basically a SG in a PF body and everybody knows Boozer struggles against stretch fours. Now imagine against a super stretch four like Bonner.

Gibson did a good job.

Rose's rotation yesterday was also awesome getting plenty of rest in the first half to explode in the second.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I don't mind what's going on currently with Boozer's minutes as I don't believe that it's due to a hidden agenda. I think it simply comes down to the fact that Thibs knows he has Gibson so why force Boozer to play long minutes? It's a good situation. Thibs trusts Gibson will do a well enough job at the 4 spot and at the same time Boozer is resting and not getting worn out without necessity.

When it comes to minutes my problem comes with all the extra minutes Deng has been playing all season long. The way Thibs trusts Gibson backing up Booz he doesn't have anybody he trusts backing up Deng for a decent amount of time and thats why Deng plays so much. This is just my opinion. I want Thibs to give JJ a shot, but he must have a reason to have played him so little this year. I can understand where he's coming from but I still wish he'd give the kid a shot to prove him wrong and at the same time he'd be giving Deng some rest.
Even if JJ plays 8 minutes a game that's 8 less minutes Deng has to be out there.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: