Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Woj: "Rudy Gay trade shows LeBron James the future: Super team era ending"

1980s NBA had the least amount of parity than well see ever again.

And isnt 1980s the pinnacle of basketball?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Woj: "Rudy Gay trade shows LeBron James the future: Super team era ending"

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    1980s NBA had the least amount of parity than well see ever again.

And isnt 1980s the pinnacle of basketball?

1980s was the golden era as they recovered from the mess that was the 1970s. 1990s was the pinnacle.

In the 2000s, parity started to come back, and the league began to tank.

Local High School Star

The NBA doesn't work on parity

Stern has probably had his 3 best years in a long time and would be even better if the Lakers weren't shit

NBA rookie of the year

Pat Riley and Micky Arison laugh at this garbage article.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Isn't the relevant question what the Cavs have to offer the Heat? Because if Miami thinks he's going to leave, they'll trade him. They're not going to get burned like Cleveland did. And unless the Cavs plan on parting with Kyrie, I don't know what they have that Miami would want. I'm fairly certain there are other teams that could put together a much more attractive package.
    I hope you're right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I hope you're right.
    How infuriated would you be if LBJ did return to the Cavs?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The guy is still utterly butthurt LeBron went to Miami to form the Big 3. Read his articles around 2010. He was one of the biggest crybabies about it. The guy would love nothing more than to see LeBron out of Miami or Wade/Bosh taken away from him
    Along with about 5 Billion other people...

is yet to been seen large markets will be able to live with the repeater taxes and the trade and signing limitations.

Memphis is a small market and last year had on of the top payrolls in the league, year before the same. Big markets will be the same, maybe they can endure a couple of years but at some point they will have to slash salaries.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    How infuriated would you be if LBJ did return to the Cavs?
    He wouldn't.

The question is: Is what we are watching now worse than the pain of The Decision?

I have no morals attached to this at all. I feel guilty because I don't go to church. I would feel guilty if I cheated on my wife or if I didn't take care of my kids the way that I do. I'm not going to stand on some pulpit and say that I don't want our best player ever to return and make this fun again.

Right now, the thought of being purely entertained in a sport that I love by a team that will always be my favorite is winning out over a moral compass in a situation that shouldn't even be measured. 20,352 people would agree with me on a nightly basis.

This is basketball. This isn't church or work or volunteer work at a food kitchen. This is entertainment. The people who say they don't want him back need to stop pounding their chest like their comments are impacting the world.

This IS NOT an unforgivable act. My God...it's a sport.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Isn't the relevant question what the Cavs have to offer the Heat? Because if Miami thinks he's going to leave, they'll trade him. They're not going to get burned like Cleveland did. And unless the Cavs plan on parting with Kyrie, I don't know what they have that Miami would want. I'm fairly certain there are other teams that could put together a much more attractive package. And then the Heat will still be contenders.
    Huh? It doesn't matter what they have to offer. He'd be a FA. If it was going to be an S&T, and Lebron was going there regardless, then the Cavs would dictate the terms.

Bullshit, LeBron's not going back to Cleveland, keep dreaming. He's gonna pull another douchy move and join Howard and the Lakers along with Bosh to form yet another super team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Bullshit, LeBron's not going back to Cleveland, keep dreaming. He's gonna pull another douchy move and join Howard and the Lakers along with Bosh to form yet another super team.
    I very much dislike both Howard and LeBron..

That shit would be awkward for me.. LBJ may be great but I dont see myself embracing him.

#LakerFanFirstWorldProblems

LBJ, Bosh and Wade can always just take bigger paycuts than now.
    They will still win and make money off of endorsements and playoff money.
    So the super team thing can still work.

Joe Johnson with the Hawks should have taken less money so we could have added another big to help out inside. But he wasn't willing to do it.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    what a stupid article, what does one team that is trying to shed salary because they can't afford the luxury tax have anything to do with lebron james decision or the ending of the "super team era"(note: there are 2 "super teams" in the nba right now and one isn't doing so super)
    Exactly.

And of course in a much smaller market. Doesnt mean super teams wont exist. Just means that its gonna be LA,Boston,Miami,NYC,Nets,Clippers and thats about it.
    And that smaller markets will end up trapping stars for their entire career so they get no rings. Stars should not go to teams that have no intention of winning. Its a waste of talent.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

You guys aren't thinking of parity the way the owners do. They want FINANCIAL parity and you want COMPETITIVE parity. They care about making a profit not winning and this repeater tax means more money for them due to wealth distribution. So the CBA hurts title chances but improves the bottom line. Never forget this is a business.