Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool
Default Marc Gasol???? Just a random thought

Firstly I'm not sure on the rules concerning unsigned draft picks. Could someone enlighten me. But can we sign this guy?
Right I'm not saying we should sign him to solve our weakness currently concerning andrew or lack of a consistant pf, but in the future ie over the summer could we potentially talk about him signing up.
For those who may have forgotten he's 7'1 215lbs, plays C don't know if he could play pf and only 23. He has no nba experience but does have a bit of FIBA eperience and is of international calibure. We've seen players this year like navarro who prove they can play in this league without having the raw power most nba players have. This guy could possibly (im not saying he should) play as say a bench player.
The draft thingy says hes got good hands (better than kwarme) and he probably got good fundamentals as most european players do, i've no idea about his defence but it does indicate slight lack of conditioning. Does anyone have any current stats for him? As i can't seem to find them/translate spanish web sites good enough to understand.

This is just a random idea for the future, what do you guys think?
Cheers
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marc Gasol???? Just a random thought

The Lakers drafted him in the second round and have exclusive rights to him for a couple of years. I'm not sure about the time frame but for at least two seasons they should have his rights.

If he was able to be contribute he would have been brought in at training camp, so it's doubtful he would be able to contribute anything to the Lakers this season let alone coming in half way through the season.

Euros tend to be better shooters, but euro bigs also tend to be bad defenders early in their careers. Being a rookie, he'd be a fould machine too lol.

If the Lakers add a player they need a seasoned vet for the stretch run, they don't want to deal with the growing pains of a young player.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: