Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Charles and Reggie with some bad commentary last night

The commentary for last nights game was good overall and pretty funny. There was one thing really bad though and that was Charles and Reggie going off all the time about Knicks not running the triangle.

Especially when the Knicks pulled a great run at the end of the 3rd quarter, the run that set them up to win the game, they executed triangle offense for scores about 5 times in a row before two more or less scrambling offenses happened. Charles and Reggie was all over them saying they aren't seeing the triangle being run tonight. Marv was quick with the comment that it might be the Knicks of the past as well.

But in reality Knicks ran triangle offense on about probably 80% of their possesions last night. They can't score or get a perfect shot everytime, no offense can. Part of the triangle is setting up for good 1on1 situations, another part of it is a sideline and corner pickn'roll and most of the time it's not breaking the offense when these sequences happen.

Default Re: Charles and Reggie with some bad commentary last night

They seem out of sync since Kerr left the broadcast crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    The commentary for last nights game was good overall and pretty funny. There was one thing really bad though and that was Charles and Reggie going off all the time about Knicks not running the triangle.

Especially when the Knicks pulled a great run at the end of the 3rd quarter, the run that set them up to win the game, they executed triangle offense for scores about 5 times in a row before two more or less scrambling offenses happened. Charles and Reggie was all over them saying they aren't seeing the triangle being run tonight. Marv was quick with the comment that it might be the Knicks of the past as well.

But in reality Knicks ran triangle offense on about probably 80% of their possesions last night. They can't score or get a perfect shot everytime, no offense can. Part of the triangle is setting up for good 1on1 situations, another part of it is a sideline and corner pickn'roll and most of the time it's not breaking the offense when these sequences happen.
    Really dumb on their end, considering they've only had a few preseason games to practice the triangle against opposing teams. It's not something that can be done perfectly right away.

Agreed.

I'll go ahead and re-post something I said in another thread:
    Get tired of hearing Barkley talk about the Spurs and Kobe. He's been saying they're "finished" for YEARS now, acting like everyone has the same poor work ethic his fatass did during his playing years.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Barkley was straight up sucking Lebron's circumcised c0ck last night. Schit was disgusting to hear.

"Get that down your throat Charlie boy."

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Really dumb on their end, considering they've only had a few preseason games to practice the triangle against opposing teams. It's not something that can be done perfectly right away.
    I actually think they're doing pretty good so far. You can see them get better at it every game, and players are thinking, trying and helping by telling each other what to do in a good tone.
    The players are starting to understand their roles and the timing for those roles as well.

Melo and JR aren't hogging the ball too much like in previous years, this is really positive. JR has a few bad shots, but for the most part it's been needed 1on1 to finish a posession before the 24 clock.

Also I think it's very noteworthy how the Knicks have turned into a no nonsense organisation. There is a clear frame work for the team(triangle offense) and a president and coach who shares the philosophy. There will be no emotional player complaints that will end in the coach getting fired. If you don't want to play triangle next season then you will be playing somewhere else than with the Knicks.

I actually think they're doing pretty good so far. You can see them get better at it every game, and players are thinking, trying and helping by telling each other what to do in a good tone.
    The players are starting to understand their roles and the timing for those roles as well.

Melo and JR aren't hogging the ball too much like in previous years, this is really positive. JR has a few bad shots, but for the most part it's been needed 1on1 to finish a posession before the 24 clock.

Also I think it's very noteworthy how the Knicks have turned into a no nonsense organisation. There is a clear frame work for the team(triangle offense) and a president and coach who shares the philosophy. There will be no emotional player complaints that will end in the coach getting fired. If you don't want to play triangle next season then you will be playing somewhere else than with the Knicks.
    Aside from some iso from JR and Melo, they just seemed to be clicking last night. Hopefully you're right about there being a culture change there. I like to shit on the Knicks every now and then, but the league is definitely more exciting when they're contending.

I rule the local playground

i think they do not like the triangle offense , and were mocking it in general. i have a feeling most people think its an overrated offensive scheme that are former players.

miller sounds retarded

Quote Originally Posted by kenuffff
    i think they do not like the triangle offense , and were mocking it in general. i have a feeling most people think its an overrated offensive scheme that are former players.
    Which is hilarious since both got their asses whipped in the finals by teams running the triangle.

james dolan still owns the team, that's like when parcels ran the cowboys. jerry jones was still looming around. this is the second game, i think you'll see the triangle pan out, or not pan out there by the all-star break. i think the defensive end is where you'll see if the culture is really changing. you could run any offense and insert mj,kobe, or shaq in it and win, plus the bulls defense in the 90s is what really made those teams, that's what i define a phil jackson team more so on, is the defensive end than the offense, it just happens to be the offense tex winter liked when jackson took over so he is most comfortable running it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Which is hilarious since both got their asses whipped in the finals by teams running the triangle.
    they got beat by shaq/mj and kobe.. i think you could run any offense and those teams would win 60 games.

james dolan still owns the team, that's like when parcels ran the cowboys. jerry jones was still looming around. this is the second game, i think you'll see the triangle pan out, or not pan out there by the all-star break. i think the defensive end is where you'll see if the culture is really changing. you could run any offense and insert mj,kobe, or shaq in it and win, plus the bulls defense in the 90s is what really made those teams, that's what i define a phil jackson team more so on, is the defensive end than the offense, it just happens to be the offense tex winter liked when jackson took over so he is most comfortable running it.
    The Dallas Cowboys has nothing to do with the New York Knicks and I guarantee you that the Knicks will not change their offense at the all-star break. PJ has every qualification you could ask for in terms of recognizing the players that fits the philosphy of his team.

I read one of Jacksons books, he did not just run the triangle because that's what Tex liked. He described the league as playing mainly "power basketball" or to that effect at the time and he wanted to do something going against that.

Winning an NBA championship has to be more than just having MJ/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe. Both of those duos have won and lost playing in the triangle so other players, and the right kind for the triangle offense, are obviously needed.

The Dallas Cowboys have nothing to do with the New York Knicks and I guarantee you that the Knicks will not change their offense at the all-star break. PJ has every qualification you could ask for in terms of recognizing the players that fits the philosphy of his team.

I read one of Jacksons books, he did not just run the triangle because that's what Tex liked. He described the league as playing mainly "power basketball" or to that effect at the time and he wanted to do something going against that.

Winning an NBA championship has to be more than just having MJ/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe. Both of those duos have won and lost playing in the triangle so other players, and the right kind for the triangle offense, are obviously needed.
    it's just one offense.. and phil jackson didn't know what it was until tex winter taught it to him after he took over, collins was actually trying to run it as well..so its not some end all to be all, or everywhere would be running it. it's just the offense he is most comfortable with, its not superior or inferior to any other offense, and yes shaq/mj/pippen/kobe won those titles, the triangle offense might be 10% at best of that. jackson can write whatever he wants in a book, but the fact was winter was trying to run it with collins as coach, and jackson's previous job in albany before becoming a NBA head coach was not running the triangle offense.

it's just one offense.. and phil jackson didn't know what it was until tex winter taught it to him after he took over, collins was actually trying to run it as well..so its not some end all to be all, or everywhere would be running it. it's just the offense he is most comfortable with, its not superior or inferior to any other offense, and yes shaq/mj/pippen/kobe won those titles, the triangle offense might be 10% at best of that. jackson can write whatever he wants in a book, but the fact was winter was trying to run it with collins as coach, and jackson's previous job in albany before becoming a NBA head coach was not running the triangle offense.
    Most teams don't have just "one offense" as you put it, instead they run different series of sets.

Compared to a series of sets the triangle is special because it's fluid position basketball 100% dependant on player reads and according movement.

You cannot mention another team in the NBA that runs the excact same alignment on the floor for 48 minutes no matter who is on the floor. This is because the Knicks have fully committed to it.