Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Just my personal theory, no insider info whatsoever...)

(More possible spoiler) *Also add the part of the latest trailer where Catwoman says something along the lines of 'You don't owe these people, you've given them everything', Batman responds 'not everything... not yet'
    Good stuff my dude. Verrrrry interesting. Have you seen the latest spoiler/speculation vids on Youtube? A lot of what you're saying is being said in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04spBKS05fY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUZHGhFr30

[COLOR="White"]One thing we do know is that Bruce is gonna be imprisoned/look weak for much of the movie - this sets up for an epic change of course........and ending.[/COLOR]

Local High School Star

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

It's so strange to me that so many people saw the Dark Knight for the Joker. I saw it cause I thought the first one was damn good

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    We haven't seen the movie or had any reviews out yet, a bit premature to say that. Everyone who was involved in the project who has spoken out about it is raving about the film, especially Gary Oldman:

"We're going out with a bang"

"Epic story... it has to be to top TDK"

I've had my theory for how it ends for a while and if I'm right, a lot of minds will be blown. But I have patience, I'm sure Nolan and co. won't let us down
    Couldn't even touch Avengers with a 10' pole.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Couldn't even touch Avengers with a 10' pole.
    Rises had its issues, but much better than the Avengers. That was an average movie at best, Transformers with cheeseball superheros. Thor(the movie)>Avengers.

Lol. It's your story you can tell it anyway you want. Avengers killed GKR and it's one of, if not the, greatest action movie of all time. DKR is an afterthought compared to Avengers.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

TDKR owns the Avengers.
    There was never any sense of real danger or threat in the Avengers. You knew nothing bad was gonna happen to them, the rest of the movie was just going through the motions.
    Rises on the other hand, had many several scenes where it looked like not only Batman would meet his demise, but Gotham as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    TDKR owns the Avengers.
    There was never any sense of real danger or threat in the Avengers. You knew nothing bad was gonna happen to them, the rest of the movie was just going through the motions.
    Rises on the other hand, had many several scenes where it looked like not only Batman would meet his demise, but Gotham as well.
    You could say the same thing about the first two Batman movies. No threat. Only massive pre-filming speculation on the death of Batman in the final part of the trilogy led to any sense of danger for the protagonist.

Banned

Neither one does what the other one does.. These films are polar opposites and are proficient at what they intended.. Seems trivial to try to anoint one as superior when they are such polar opposites.

Banned

Lol. It's your story you can tell it anyway you want. Avengers killed GKR and it's one of, if not the, greatest action movie of all time. DKR is an afterthought compared to Avengers.
    Nah son

It was no better than your average Michael Bay film. Lots of explosions, maybe some aliens, corny one liners, predictable. The only reason people like you thought it was anything special is because it was hyped up since the first Iron Man movie and Sam Jackson making a cameo at the end.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority but it blows my mind how much people like these comic book movies. I get their popular and fun to watch but they get insane ratings\reviews and somebody just throws out the Avengers could be the best action movie of all time, that to me is wild. Iron Man getting like an 8.0 on IMDB and people trying to call Dark Night one of the GOAT movies just doesn't make sense to me.

Guess it's all subjective and everybody has an opinion and there's different types of movies so not trying to say those movies suck or anything, actually thought the Dark Night was really well done. Seeing it ranked 8th of All-Time on a site like IMDB makes me think I'm crazy tho

Banned

Maybe Ann Hathaway can OD or something.

Avengers had the potential to flop on multiple levels but instead, we got a movie that was balanced and fun.

If anything tdkr was corny what with that whole scene where a prepubescent little girl is able to complete a longjump that grown men have been failing at for years. Smh

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

The Avengers appealed to a wider range of audience, especially younger kids. Plus, it sold 3D tickets, which are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I know I'm in the minority but it blows my mind how much people like these comic book movies. I get their popular and fun to watch but they get insane ratings\reviews and somebody just throws out the Avengers could be the best action movie of all time, that to me is wild. Iron Man getting like an 8.0 on IMDB and people trying to call Dark Night one of the GOAT movies just doesn't make sense to me.

Guess it's all subjective and everybody has an opinion and there's different types of movies so not trying to say those movies suck or anything, actually thought the Dark Night was really well done. Seeing it ranked 8th of All-Time on a site like IMDB makes me think I'm crazy tho
    It's nostalgia homie, amazing to see these childhood fantasies brought to life. Not to mention that these recent comicbook movies have been high quality productions that stand on their own as action movies.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

It's not really like that. Internationally, you have a LOT of people who have never ever read the comics, they go to watch Batman or Avengers because it's a good film. The comic book aspects comes very little in it.