Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default The Latest Pistons Trade Rumors

I really like a few of the new ones out there. Why is that? Because they involve moving BG, and I'm sure all of you know how I feel about the contract Dumars gave him this past off season....

Quote:
Early Monday evening, the Arizona Republic posted a story that included a rumor that Ben Gordon could be a part of a three-team deal that would bring Amar’e Stoudemire to the Pistons. After practice Monday, Gordon said trades and trade rumors are “part of our everyday lives.” But he seemed relatively comfortable he would be with the Pistons for the foreseeable future. “My name hasn’t been in the talks as much this year, so I haven’t had to really think about that or concentrate on that,” Gordon said. “I wouldn’t say I’m at ease. I’m just more focused on what’s going to happen and how I can help us get better.” Michigan Live

Gordon was not asked about any specific trade rumors Monday afternoon, but he discussed how he dealt with them last season in Chicago. “Just going out and playing. Just focusing on what I could control,” he said. “Anytime you can do that, it kind of makes it a lot easier to deal with on a day-to-day basis because if you read all the articles and listen to all the commentators and everybody talking, it can drive you crazy. “I just try to focus on the game and leave all that other stuff alone.” Michigan Live

Quote:
Possibilities with Philadelphia could be stronger with two fronts, a deal between bringing in swingman Andre Iguodala for Stoudemire with perhaps young power forward Marreese Speights or a three-way deal involving Detroit with Pistons guard Ben Gordon winding up in Philadelphia and the Suns getting Iguodala and Detroit power forward Chris Wilcox. The rub with Iguodala, a 26-year-old former Arizona star, is inheriting a contract that will pay him $56.5 million over the next four seasons. Arizona Republic

If we could unload BG and end up with Speights or Amare I would do that deal in a second. I don't think they solve all of our problems but I do think they make this team significantly more competitive. One of those guys down low with Charlie is going to be tough for any team to defend. Add in the toughness of Wallace and if Daye can progress next year we would have some solid bigs in our lineup. Jerebko is already a beast IMO (that will get better). Then if we can do well with our lottery pick we could have a very deep roster again.

Last edited by dd24 : 02-09-2010 at 02:51 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Jumpman10135
Sheeeit Stuckey ballin

Default Re: The Latest Pistons Trade Rumors

We want Amare. No one else.
Jumpman10135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

I think there's a few other players they would trade any combination Tay, Villaneuva, BG, or Rip for. If they did give up BG and Charlie for Amare that would essentially be like giving up Rasheed for him. We'd have almost the same lineup. I'm not sure that would make us a contender yet but it would be a nice piece to go along with a good draft pick.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Hotbullets
High School Starter

So, will the Pistons actually make a move? Seems awfully quiet...
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I just made another thread. There's rumors that Charlie was on the bench last night because he is involved in a trade. Only a couple of more hours before we know or not.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

how disappointing
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I feel the same way..... The only thing I can think is Joe D hasn't really had a chance to see this team together healthy yet. He'll take a look at them for the rest of the season and then make trades in the offseason. It's not like Amare isn't available still. We also have the possibility of a sign and trade. One of those teams out there isn't going to want to lose their player without something in return. Plus we know that we aren't going to be very good for the rest of the season so we'll end up with a lottery pick for sure now.

Here's there thing. Even though we aren't good we are only a couple of pieces off. If Joe D fails again to make the moves that are obvious I will be upset with him. We gave him a mulligan for drafting Darko. Honestly, had we drafted any number of other players we'd probably have another championship and would still be a solid team right now. I can't let another major mistake like that slide again though. It was obvious giving two second rate players big time money wasn't going to turn things around. Now he needs to trade one of those guys and make good on his draft pick this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: