Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default Road rage is a terrible thing when it gets you.

It's like a parasite that engulfs your psyche and makes you do things you would never normally do.

I'll make the story short, but on my way home tonight as I was about to get off the highway, I'm in the far right lane when an SUV starts floating towards me. No problem, It's dark, It's raining, he probably lost track of the lane for a split second. It didn't bother me, it happens to everyone. All I did was speed up and go past him as he goes into the lane, just missing me.

So what does he do? Starts flickering his high-beams at me. Really? You f*cking piece of shit, really? You almost cause a serious accident because of your inability to control your vehicle and you flash ME!?

I became so enraged. I slammed on my brakes down to about 40 [from 75] forcing him to do the same. We both get off the exit, all the while he's continuing to flick his highs at me. I was going to leave it at that. I thought me trying to kill him was sufficient enough. Nope. He's still flicking his lights at me, continuously.

At that point, my heart is racing and I can feel the adrenalin pumping through my body as my breathing gets louder and louder. When I get really angry, my mouth gets really dry, and it was like Hawker's crotch on a Friday night. A baron desert waste-land.

We're at the light, him behind me, still flicking his lights and now he starts beeping at me.

I grabbed the crowbar I keep in the back [don't ask why, it doesn't matter], got out of my car and ran at him like a f*cking wild-beast.

I don't really know what I was going to do. I just know that his car was going to get ****ed up. He slams on the gas and jumps the divider into oncoming traffic and blows the red light. I'm flung the crowbar into the back of his car and connected. *ding* He didn't stop. And I'm glad he didn't, because I honestly don't think I had control of myself at that point. I'm pretty sure I was acting on pure rage and adrenaline.

I stood there in the pouring rain for about 3 seconds before I realized that I was standing outside of my car in the rain in front of about another 10 cars. My brain snapped back on like a light and I jump back in my car and take my left. Go get some Wendy's and now I'm home.

And the weird part is, I drive a truck for a living. Shit like that doesn't bother me when I'm working, but the second I get in my car on the way home, I start getting angry at the littlest shit. I need to calm the f*ck down when I drive.

I never saw the guy's. I don't even know if it was a guy. Shit, it could've been a family in there. I feel like an idiot.

Just, I couldn't let that guy get away with flicking his highs at me. . . for almost killing me.
    Last edited by pete's montreux; 08-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Road rage is a terrible thing when it gets you.

I laughed hard reading this.

dude, really?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

What I learned from this thread:

-One of pete's alts was GP20

-OMS was driving the SUV

-Hawker is the butt of a lot of jokes around here.

I've never been that mad(or prepared) before while driving. Usually the people who drift into my lane aren't that idiotic too follow me around while using their high beams.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    What I learned from this thread:

-One of pete's alts was GP20

-OMS was driving the SUV

-Hawker is the butt of a lot of jokes around here.

I've never been that mad(or prepared) before while driving. Usually the people who drift into my lane aren't that idiotic too follow me around while using their high beams.
    you actually read that novel? surely you jest

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    It's like a parasite that engulfs your psyche and makes you do things you would never normally do.

i do a much better job these days. i started to anticipate morons & jerks, & it didn't piss me off as much.

Banned

You're an idiot for speeding up when a car is drifting into your lane. What a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy
    You're an idiot for speeding up when a car is drifting into your lane. What a ****ing idiot.

It depends on positioning and what you're doing. If you are passing, why in the world would you slow down if you are already accelerating?

Banned

You speed up too when someone is drifting into your lane?

It depends on positioning and what you're doing. If you are passing, why in the world would you slow down if you are already accelerating?

this.

too many accidents are caused by idiots slamming on the brakes.

Banned

Oh, misread it. I thought he was in the passing lane.

I was in the passenger seat and my gf at the time was driving. She was a hot headed redhead and definitely had a quick temper. She was in the right lane and someone was trying to pass her on the left so they could get in the right lane and turn right. there was plenty of room behind us but this girl just had to get in front of us.

My gf wasn't having it so the girl cut her off, thinking she would stop. Nope. my GF never touched the brake and actually accelerated, plowing into the other car which was now sideways in front of our car. They finally got out after we pushed them awhile for and they were literally fighting before i even got my own door open.

Fortuntely nobody got hurt but it was a wild scene.

Letting a woman drive? That could have been a fatal mistake my friend.

Blu Ray

Yeah, I'm against women driving.

I'm convinced it was a woman now.

I make small bets with myself now when I'm driving. If I see someone do something stupid, 98% of the time It's a woman.

Yes, It's incredibly sexist, but It's true. Completely true. Women are f*cking oblivious to everyone else. They should NOT be allowed to drive. And if they are, they should be tested every single year.