Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nba 2k10

Local High School Star

Default Re: Nba 2k10

One thing I didnt like was after the 1st season, most rookies on cpu teams get no playing time and the ROY has like 6 ppg

And every once in a while the Most Improved Player will be a player who played 70 minutes per game (dont know if this ever happened to anyone else but it happened a few times to me where I will see the MIP has like 30 rebounds and 10 blocks per game with like 70 minutes per game)

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

- Fictional drafts in Association mode:
    Obviously, they're not going to load a college database just to simulate drafs of future seasons in association mode as you play season after season. So they could have a mode were college players are generated, and so after you complete an association season and on to the next one, you can draft youngsters.

I am so getting this

Last edited by konex; 06-30-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I am so getting this

DAMN

Not airballing my layups anymore GOON MUSIC's Avatar

until both major systems can support a ridiculous amount of space

you wont get most of that cuz the DLdvds that xbox uses is too small to handle all that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I can only imagine what Kobe homers will do to those Kobe figurines!!

*Shudder*

I Go Hard In The Paint OJMayoDaFuture's Avatar

I Would Kinda Want In CAP Is Take A Picture Of Yourself Or A Player And The Game Digitizes You Face To Make It More Realistic I Remember It Was In A Next Game (Can't Remember What It Was Called)

I am so getting this

I Second That

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by OJMayoDaFuture
    I Would Kinda Want In CAP Is Take A Picture Of Yourself Or A Player And The Game Digitizes You Face To Make It More Realistic I Remember It Was In A Next Game (Can't Remember What It Was Called)
    They did stuff like that in some older Tony Hawk gamez, I remember.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    They did stuff like that in some older Tony Hawk gamez, I remember.
    Yeah, Tony Hawk Underground ftw.

I usually hit open layups

I am so getting this

Yeah that looks awesome, I wonder what the "Gold Room" will be like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OJMayoDaFuture
    Yeah. I Can Type Like This Too.

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

create a signature shot plz

Quote Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
    create a signature shot plz
    This, and I wouldnt mind if shooting wasnt so damn slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Oh man, where do I start. There's so much I want improving, that I start to sound like an ungrateful little sh!t, but whatever, I'll go ahead and throw out my ideas.

First of all, we all know that this game needs a mode, where you follow a player throughout his career, much like what Madden had.

- You create a player
    - Go through all the workouts and the combine (this is important, because I could have so much fun with this part, but it has to be worthwhile and not a quick thing that is rushed)
    - You then go through interviews, this can be quick though. This would be so that GM's can get an idea of what you are like as a person and what you think of your own game. Whether you can recognise your own strengths and weaknesses.
    - You then get drafted
    - You then go through all the training and such, before finally getting to play in the games

Association Mode

- Include the preseason at the very start of the season, not at the very end, just before the next one. This is so that I can discover my lineups and such, what plays work well and such.
    - Rookie classes need to be drastically improved. The weights are stupid at the moment. How many 280lbs+ guys are in the league right now? Very few, if any. So, therefore, I should not be getting 10+ guys all above 280lbs in my draft class. We should be able to change the weights automatically, so that they are more realistic. (Just jump down to my Create-a-Player section for further details)
    - Include an All-Star weekend. Just an All-Star game is boring. It's a time of rest fun and enjoyment, let's make it like that. (also, when you go further in the association, the all-star game starts becoming out of place and is sometimes played on weekdays, this should not happen)
    - I should have the option of appointing assistant coachs to head coaches or just interim coaches, if the head coach is fired.
    - Include the summer league. This is definitly needed.
    - Include the Draft combine and make the workouts better.

Creating-a-Team - tedloc has already touched upon it.

- They need a hell of a lot more logos.
    - We should be given the oppotunity to use different style of uniforms. e.g. the Spurs uni has a differently layout to Minny's uni. We should be able to choose how the side panels, collar, etc, look.
    - We should also be able to create fans, including the look and even personality (Madden had this feature, but not the personality part). Different teams will have different types of fans. e.g. some teams have insane fans who cheer for everything, where as some teams have more laid back fans.

Creating-a-Player - Possibly the weakest part of the game.

- More hairstyles, facial hair, even more colours aswell.
    - More body types. Maybe include a morphing tool that we can use to adjust body types accordingly. Having three set types (which are all at the extreme end of things) is pathetic. Very skinny, very muscley or very fat, is not good enough.
    - Also, on a side note, as anyone noticed that the body types in association mode, when editing rookies, are completely different to the CAP mode body types?
    - More accessories. Arm bands, sleeves, leg sleevs, differnt height socks (again, only having 3 set heights is stupid. Include a tool that we can use to adjust the socks to any height)
    - A hell of a lot more shoes. The list right now, is beyond poor. Include some older shoes, more colours. The list should include 30+ shoes.
    - The ability to mix and match different shot styles, so that you can create a unique shot for your own player. e.g. break it down into foot placement, leg movement, arm movement, height of release, etc.

Rebounding

There have been countless times where my player has just stood and watched the ball bounce over his head, because he didn't go for the rebound, yet I was tapping the button for him to grab it. This usually happens after the player has missed a shot and is then wondering why he missed it, instead of getting the Off. Reb.

There has also been many times, where I have gone for the rebound and the ball has come down, straight through the hands of my player, hit his chest or knee and then bounced out of bounds. What the f*ck is going on here? That needs to be fixed.

Also, 'magnetic hands' needs to go. When players go for a rebound, are a good foot or two from the ball, yet the ball just magically goes to their hands.

AI

The AI needs to be made smarter overall.

The AI trading is pathetic. I've got it turned off and if a team is looking to move a player, I have to do it through my team, so that everything works out evenly and fairly. Which is annoying as f*ck, because I have to trade players away and then trade them back. It's just too much trouble.

Also, has anyone had the problem of playing a team, that has a number of solid bench players, yet when you play that team the AI doesn't even sub them in?

I had this problem today. I was playing the Raptors (I play as Memphis) and Kapono gets 20 mins coming off the bench as the teams 6th man and is averaging 10ppg. Yet the AI didn't even sub him into the game once. And that's not the worst thing. I occasionally play teams that only play 6 or 7 players against me and hardly ever dip into their bench.

Misc.

- Crowds should be more lively during the playoffs. And, as an extra step, the fans get more lively the deeper you go in the playoffs, so by the Finals, if you make it, the crowd is going crazy.

- Make the whole ownership thing more realistic. I should be able to change prices on tickets, refreshments and merchandise. I should be able to offer fan nights, family nights, free Tacos and all the other cool stuff that NBA teams do.

- Have colour outs. You know when you see Heat fans all wearing white for the 'white hot Heat', or when GSW made the playoffs and all the fans were wearing yellow. This would definitly add to the experience.

- Also, to make the crowd more realistic, make sure that the amount of fans is relative to the amount of wins/loses. e.g. Memphis gets very few fans to games, make that noticable in game. If I start to win more, the amount of fans go up. If I start losing again, the amount of fans goes down.

- Relocating the team. This should only be available, if the team's losing money, the town isn't interested at all, etc. Otherwise, people would just play with this option all day long. Make it realistic and only have it available in extreme conditions.

- Include a weekly roundup at the end of each week. Showing the stories of the past week. The best games, the best players, the best statlines, etc.

- On the half time show, actually have someone sitting at the desk.

- Players should have team warmups and shooting jerseys and should also be wearing them, when on the bench.

- Include team orientated training facilities. This one may be a bit of a stretch, but it really does add to the game.

- Kind of following on from the last two points. When I go into development mode, I would like to see the players wearing the team's actually training shorts and jerseys.

- Also, the development mode has reminded me of this. Only having 7 points for development is absolutely pathetic, especially when something like 3pt shooting takes up 4 points and this has to be spread over 30 or so days. We should be given 15, maybe 20 points for this feature.

Now, I can see that some of these are too much to ask for and that a lot of this stuff will probably never make the game, but this is what I want to see, to make the most realistic game. It's these kind of things, especially the smaller things, that make the game even better than it could be. I love the small bits of detail, sometimes the smallest of detail, can make the biggest of changes.

Yo It's Like U Took Da Dreams Right Out My Head U Should Be Working For 2k LOL