Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #76
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: LA Times: Kobe and Buss meet in Spain. Kobe wants out...

No way. Not New York, Chicago.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #77
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23

I'm ready for this to become a reality on draft day, I hope. Please!!!
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #78
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
could you imagine how bad it would be for the nba's ratings too? boston, phili, ny, and la all to miss the playoffs for a stretch of years? ouch. i mean i expect boston to be right back on the horse with a healthy pierce, the 5th pick, and more time for young'ns, but it's still a possibility.
I think Jefferson and Pierce will get it done this season. I'm a believer. Don't know about the other teams, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild orchid
Funny how all these people are saying Kobe can't be traded because he is too valuable to the franchise and the Lakers won't get enough in return are the same people who thought Minnesota would trade KG to the Lakers just because he demanded it.
Actually, I maintain the former and find the latter utterly ridiculous. There is absolutely no way that NY can put together a package worth Kobe Bryant. Similarly, there is no way that LA can create a package worth Garnett without trading Bryant. This is about player value.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #79
chopchop20
National High School Star

They are hoping Bryant can be coaxed back into believing in them, but the Lakers will have to surround him with enough talent to make him think another first-round playoff exit isn't inevitable.

Not an easy task.

On the surface, however, it looks like Bryant might not have much of a choice. Lakers owner Jerry Buss recently said in a statement that "We will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone."

Jeanie Buss, the team's executive vice president of business operations, was even more vocal in a journal on the team's website.

"While it is clear that I have no input into basketball decisions, I have expressed my opinion to everyone I work with in this organization that Kobe Bryant CANNOT now or EVER be traded from the Lakers," she wrote. "Even thinking about it distresses me. My message is simple he is not going anywhere. How can you trade Kobe when there is no equal to Kobe?"
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 AM   #80
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues

haha I love it
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 AM   #81
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

He's using his star status and power to force mgmt hand in trying to bring in quality players. After him campaigining for guyd Lakers passed over for lesser talent or not trading away unproven talent (Bynum). Kobe didnt say or do much until now. Now he is making serious demands, threats to make L.A do all they can to bring in guys he feel he can win with. If they do that Kobe will stay, if they dont and next seasons roster looks the same if not a few minor changes he wants out. Thats how you read Kobe's drama. People more caught up with the flip flopping then the actual tactic he is using which a lot of players/athletes have used.

Even MJ forced Krause hand and Krause gave in. I remember Kemp for Pippen (not sure what else was included but they were the main attraction) was a serious trade rumor. That never happened...I wonder why? Could MJ have said something? I also think when Krause and Phil were at odds MJ says PHil goes I go. Correct me if I'm wrong? Not even to use MJ all the time but lots of players demand change or to be traded. They too flip flop but fans get the point, the meaning. Yet with Kobe its different? Eh, in order for serious change to occur Kobe has to force Buss hand. The way to do it is to make these serious threats.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #82
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ESPN is taking this really seriously, they really think this could happen. They seemed to think it was going to be Chicago. And if it is, for their sake, they better be relentless in asking for Deng and Gordon plus more. They got absolutely jipped last time because they didn't push hard enough for DWade...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #83
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
ESPN is taking this really seriously, they really think this could happen. They seemed to think it was going to be Chicago. And if it is, for their sake, they better be relentless in asking for Deng and Gordon plus more. They got absolutely jipped last time because they didn't push hard enough for DWade...

Espn will milk any story to get attention. Everyone knows how many pieces Chicago has talent wise plus the 9th pick. So there are the one team that could swing a deal for Kobe and it actually work for both teams. Unlike Phx where L.A simply wont move him there. Too much hype is made of this...Kobe will be a Laker and we should be lookin at other rumors as far as who is coming to L.A to play with Kobe (JO).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #84
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
the owner in NY seems like he will go over the lux tax and get players to help Kobe....

Plus its in the east

On ESPN last night, they found out that the other team is PHX.

Mega RANDOM.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #85
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
We wont get Hinrich, and we wont get Deng. Chi will just not give them up. Plus we have too many small forwards already.

#9 pick
Duhon
Gordon
PJ Brown?

Or switch PJ Brown with Nocioni.

Look:

Lakers will want to rebuild with youth. The #9 pick gives you that, and other options if you choose to trade it.

The Lakers NEED a point guard who can play defense. Duhon gives you that, and although he had a somewhat off year, is good enough to start on many teams.

Gordon gives you someone who can replace the points that Kobe gives you. Gives you a young guard who can fill it up in a hurry and play alongside Odom, making Odom the main option as he was in the beginning of last season when Kobe was injured.

With PJ or Nocioni you get a foward who can actually SCORE. Outside of Walton, who on the Lakers can actually do that consistently.

I dont know. The numbers may not add up, but the logic does, as least to me.

Wallace
Tyrus(?)
Deng
Kobe
Hinrich

Kwame
Odom
Walton
Gordon
Duhon

With PJ OR Nocioni coming off the bench.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #86
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Knicks send to Sonics:

Nate Robinson
Jamal Crawford
Channing Frye
#23rd pick

Sonics send to Knicks:
Rashard Lewis
#35 pick

Lakers send to Knicks:
Kobe Byrant
Vladimir Radmanovic

Knicks send to Lakers:
Rashard lewis
Randolph Morris
David Lee
#35 pick

Knicks Get:
Kobe Byrant
Vladimir Radmanovic

Sonics Get:
Nate Robinson
Jamal Crawford
Channing Frye
#23rd pick

Lakers Get:
Rashard lewis
Randolph Morris
David Lee
#35 pick

Knicks Lineup:

Marbury
Kobe
Q-rich
Jefferies
Curry

Buyout steve francis.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #87
td21spurs
Learning to shoot layups

Don't u all already know that Kobe is a hypocrite. he wants to be a bull but won't say it. he must think the public and his fans are stupid when he keeps saying he wants to be a laker for life but because he needs to win now, the lakers need to make a big change right now(which is almost impossible to do, and i am sure getting JO isn't what Kobe wants) or trade him to chicago/ny/? he wants to win now but being traded to NY is ok? come on now. wasn't LAC 1 of the teams that he said he wants to go to? what happened to it? this clown is narrowing down the choices from 4 to 2 now, and ultimately he will say he wants to go to chicago. what a loser.

Strength and honor

td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #88
cookiemonster
I usually hit open layups

oh please please please please trade kobe so all the obnoxious kobe lovers will stop pretending to be laker fans
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #89
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He's using his star status and power to force mgmt hand in trying to bring in quality players. After him campaigining for guyd Lakers passed over for lesser talent or not trading away unproven talent (Bynum). Kobe didnt say or do much until now. Now he is making serious demands, threats to make L.A do all they can to bring in guys he feel he can win with. If they do that Kobe will stay, if they dont and next seasons roster looks the same if not a few minor changes he wants out. Thats how you read Kobe's drama. People more caught up with the flip flopping then the actual tactic he is using which a lot of players/athletes have used.

Even MJ forced Krause hand and Krause gave in. I remember Kemp for Pippen (not sure what else was included but they were the main attraction) was a serious trade rumor. That never happened...I wonder why? Could MJ have said something? I also think when Krause and Phil were at odds MJ says PHil goes I go. Correct me if I'm wrong? Not even to use MJ all the time but lots of players demand change or to be traded. They too flip flop but fans get the point, the meaning. Yet with Kobe its different? Eh, in order for serious change to occur Kobe has to force Buss hand. The way to do it is to make these serious threats.

this is exactly correct. Kobe has talked to mgmt behind closed doors. they tell him one thing. then he learns they told PJax something else. He wants to win NOW. do you blame him for not being like KG? waiting and waiting? screw that. win NOW.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #90
td21spurs
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
He's using his star status and power to force mgmt hand in trying to bring in quality players.

And who can the lakers get for Kobe to satisfy him? all the names he mentioned are impossible to get for the lakers. quality players? odom is a quality player. yet Kobe couldn't make a good use of him. what about JO? he is also a quality player. the question is does Kobe really want JO or does he have some other place in mind? i think Buss can make it happen for Kobe if there's no other option.
td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: