Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #31
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Default Re: Best QB-RB-WR in each DIVISION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Not sure why you mentioned Andre...he wasn't doing the type of numbers we are grown to seeing him put up without Shaub back there throwing him the ball.

Still put up a few 1000 yards seasons. Obviously hes not going to have the same production with David Carr as Schaub but he was still great.

Smith was almost non-existent last year. Just don't see how you can argue hes elite anymore. Roddy at this point has him beat no contest.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 AM   #32
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
Moss didn't do shot in Oakland, that's what Smith had to endure for most of his career. He will lead the league in receiving yards this year.

Mark it down, take a picture.

Steve Smith will lead the league in receiving yards this year?

What is with Panthers/Cam Newton/Steve Smith fans overreacting after one week against an awful Cardinals defense? Lol. Smith won't even lead his own division in receiving yards.

Just wait a couple of days for them to be brought back to earth when they face a real NFL defense and after teams get some film on Newton. No way does he sniff 350+ yards again this season. It was very surprising to me to see him do that because I didn't think he'd ever be a legit franchise QB. But he did surprise me. But that doesn't mean he's great. It was one game against a bad defense, and they still lost. He had a chance to win it but had 4 incompletions in a row.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #33
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Steve Smith will lead the league in receiving yards this year?

What is with Panthers/Cam Newton/Steve Smith fans overreacting after one week against an awful Cardinals defense? Lol. Smith won't even lead his own division in receiving yards.

Just wait a couple of days for them to be brought back to earth when they face a real NFL defense and after teams get some film on Newton. No way does he sniff 350+ yards again this season. It was very surprising to me to see him do that because I didn't think he'd ever be a legit franchise QB. But he did surprise me. But that doesn't mean he's great. It was one game against a bad defense, and they still lost. He had a chance to win it but had 4 incompletions in a row.

So I waited a few days and now feel even stronger in my opinion than I did before. Listen Smith is an explosive dynamo on the field. If you give him the ball in space he will make plays. He never got worse, the people getting him the ball just did. Keep watching.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #34
MK2V1GP

What I don't understand, is why are the Panthers passing it 45-50 times per game with a rookie when they have the best RB duo in Stewart and Williams?

And don't say it's because they're behind. They've led/been in both of the games (surprisingly) so far. It just doesn't make sense.

Newton has shocked me. I'll admit that. But they're still 0-2. They may want to start thinking about handing it off 40 times to #34 and #28. Just my opinion.

But props to Newton and Steve Smith for having two good games.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
What I don't understand, is why are the Panthers passing it 45-50 times per game with a rookie when they have the best RB duo in Stewart and Williams?

And don't say it's because they're behind. They've led/been in both of the games (surprisingly) so far. It just doesn't make sense.

Newton has shocked me. I'll admit that. But they're still 0-2. They may want to start thinking about handing it off 40 times to #34 and #28. Just my opinion.

But props to Newton and Steve Smith for having two good games.

Its because their OL cant run block. Everytime they handed the ball off Carolina got zilch. They couldnt establish the run at all today. Used both backs too. They were more successful with the RB screens than handing it off.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #36
MK2V1GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Its because their OL cant run block. Everytime they handed the ball off Carolina got zilch. They couldnt establish the run at all today. Used both backs too. They were more successful with the RB screens than handing it off.

Ok. I was thinking maybe that was the case. i didn't watch. But it's weird that they go from being a dominant run team two years ago to being bad now.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #37
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote:
Ok. I was thinking maybe that was the case. i didn't watch. But it's weird that they go from being a dominant run team two years ago to being bad now.
They have a new coach who clearly isn't as conservative. Their defense also declined as well. Losing Beason makes me thinkwinning 7 games will be a giant success.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Agree. Also seems like teams still load up for the run against us. They still remember how talented our backs are and expect the John Fox approach. Once teams respect our passing attack and stop putting so many guys in the box our running game will improve.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #39
embersyc
Lurker

Strongly suspects if Stafford can play a whole season this year he will be on some people's list next season.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #40
MK2V1GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Strongly suspects if Stafford can play a whole season this year he will be on some people's list next season.

Rodgers has done this for 3 or 4 years with a Super Bowl. While Stafford has been impressive through two games....it is just two games. Even if he plays a full season and is impressive, I don't know how you could say Stafford is no doubt better than Rodgers.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #41
DMV2
Banned

Let's be honest guys, in the AFC East, it's more like this:

QB: Brady with Fitzpatrick not far behind. Fitzy could take over by season's end.
RB: Freddie Jackson, NFL-leader in yards says it all.
WR: Stevie "Styles" and it's not even close.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #42
bballer
King of ISH

came in to make sure OP had Ray Rice ahead of Hillis.

left satisfied
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #43
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Let's be honest guys, in the AFC East, it's more like this:

QB: Brady with Fitzpatrick not far behind. Fitzy could take over by season's end.
RB: Freddie Jackson, NFL-leader in yards says it all.
WR: Stevie "Styles" and it's not even close.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: