Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

Texas is definitely one of the best states I've been to. Very diverse, not sure what Loneshot means.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

how people vote in a state would be VERY far down the list of reasons to move somewhere for me...ignorance exists in all states

the economy, weather, a dozen other things, etc >>>>>> how 60% of the state votes

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Yeah, typos never occur on the internet.

I told myself i'd never move to any state that that consistently votes republican. Maybe long ago a republican vote didn't mean you were racist, but it definitely means that today (or at the least just ignorant), unless of course 99% of the population in Texas are millionaires. But i doubt that, so why are a bunch of middle and poor people consistently voting for republicans.

CA has plenty racism and ignorance of its own, but i can't imagine its on Texas' level. Isn't Texas the place where they are (or were) voting to stop teaching evolution in schools. I do remember there being something about them editing textbooks or something of that nature.
    the irony here is that this post is full of ignorance, from top to bottom

I told myself i'd never move to any state that that consistently votes republican. Maybe long ago a republican vote didn't mean you were racist, but it definitely means that today (or at the least just ignorant), unless of course 99% of the population in Texas are millionaires. But i doubt that, so why are a bunch of middle and poor people consistently voting for republicans.

CA has plenty racism and ignorance of its own, but i can't imagine its on Texas' level. Isn't Texas the place where they are (or were) voting to stop teaching evolution in schools. I do remember there being something about them editing textbooks or something of that nature.
    Dude just stop. You sound like a child.

It's racist not to favor minorities....Sure thing

I'm sure much of my sentiment is ignorant, i never disputed that. I haven't lived there, but i have family that does, and most of my family that lives in CA came from Texas.

But when i read news online of how they actively pursue editing textbooks to favor republican principals or what the church wants taught, that is definitely not something that makes me think its a go-to place to raise a family.

I think how the majority of a state votes is a pretty good indicator of how a majority of the people think. Its not really difficult to understand. If a candidate stands for bunch of things and reflects certain characteristics that may be anti-anyone not white or rich, and the majority of a state votes in favor of that person, maybe as a non-white and not rich person, i don't want to move to some place whose most likely to vote for policies that don't favor me.
    Last edited by Loneshot; 11-30-2012 at 04:28 PM.

I'm sure much of my sentiment is ignorant, i never disputed that. I haven't lived there, but i have family that does, and most of my family that lives in CA came from Texas.

But when i read news online of how they actively pursue editing textbooks to favor republican principals or what the church wants taught, that is definitely not something that makes me think its a go-to place to raise a family.

I think how the majority of a state votes is a pretty good indicator of how a majority of the people think. Its not really difficult to understand. If a candidate stands for bunch of things and reflects certain characteristics that may be anti-anyone not white or rich, and the majority of a state votes in favor of that person, maybe as a non-white and not rich person, i don't want to move to some place whose most likely to vote for policies that don't favor me.
    like longhornfan said (good buddha, i can't believe i'm agreeing with him) austin, dallas, houston, and san antonio all voted for obama. unless you wanna move out to the boonies, then it's very doubtful that you will be surrounded by right wing zealots.

Even if you were surrounded by right wingers, what are you so scared of?...you think they will be hanging blacks in their front lawns during the day or something? Are you not aware that there are Christians that are perfectly friendly and normal?

I don't even really know my neighbors or who they voted for, and I really don't care

For all I know everyone around me worships Satan at night...and that is fine with me, I don't give a fck...it doesn't have any impact on me.

It's crazy how much stock some people put into being liberal and conservative

I can get along with both just fine most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Austin, H town, SA, and Dallas voted for Obama. Austin is probably the most lib city in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    It's crazy how much stock some people put into being liberal and conservative

I can get along with both just fine most of the time
    Maybe there was a time when it didn't matter, but how anyone can keep a friend who consistently votes republican in this day and age where they don't even attempt to hide their racism and extremism, that is beyond me. If the majority of Texans support candidates of this nature, why would i want to live there?

I don't imagine Texas to be a cowboy slinging klan rally, but if they consistently support the racist, the war mongers, and those seeking to alter public education to favor the right and religious, then whether they have diverse cities and a good economy means little in the grand scheme.

Wow! Total mindblow. Three of the five are in the biggest state this side of Canada!

Banned

Welcome to Miami enjoy your stay I get to say that to those Americans coming here everyday.

Maybe there was a time when it didn't matter, but how anyone can keep a friend who consistently votes republican in this day and age where they don't even attempt to hide their racism and extremism, that is beyond me. If the majority of Texans support candidates of this nature, why would i want to live there?

I don't imagine Texas to be a cowboy slinging klan rally, but if they consistently support the racist, the war mongers, and those seeking to alter public education to favor the right and religious, then whether they have diverse cities and a good economy means little in the grand scheme.
    so if you lost your job in Cali, and couldn't afford to support your family, and were offered a high paying job in Dallas, you would refuse to go because it is a "red state" ?

Look for a good neighborhood.You are right though, the public education here sucks a fat one though. There are plenty of racists, but they are fairly easy to ignore.