Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games. Also had a monstrous 14 point, 20 rebound, 6 block game against Denver. Finished the year shooting 69 percent from the field.. 75 percent of his baskets being dunks.

He's a restricted free agent this offseason. Where do you see him ending up? How good will he be next season? Do you think he improved a lot? Did he meet expectations? I think he filled in admirably for Kaman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEYHwSvo3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztUiwfXHQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4y6dYAptM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUByZiGeuo4

Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.
    He seems like a solid if unspectacular starting center. Unless someone like Minnesota offers him 10 million a year, the Clippers will match any offer for him. I think he met expectations, or at least the realistic ones, and agree with you that he was a good substitute for Kaman. I actually would go so far as to say that he was a better player than Kaman, especially in the Clippers' system.

Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin for them to let him go. Deandre makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize off Blake's passes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

It boils down to this - there has to be a team willing to give up a good young small forward for a solid center with an expiring contract. If the draft goes as expected and the Wolves draft Derrick Williams, Beasley could be expendable. If so how about this deal to bring him to LA - Kaman and Aminu for Beasley, Darko, and Martell Webster.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with the other 2 moves I mentioned could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
    Griffin | Gomes
    Beasley | vet (Barnes, AK, Battier or Prince) | Webster
    Gordan | Foye
    Williams | Bledsoe | Warren
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 04-15-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Banned

New Tyson Chandler in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games. Also had a monstrous 14 point, 20 rebound, 6 block game against Denver. Finished the year shooting 69 percent from the field.. 75 percent of his baskets being dunks.

He's a restricted free agent this offseason. Where do you see him ending up? How good will he be next season? Do you think he improved a lot? Did he meet expectations? I think he filled in admirably for Kaman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEYHwSvo3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztUiwfXHQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4y6dYAptM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUByZiGeuo4

Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.

DeAndre's the most underrated dunker in the league. Some of his dunks have been even better than Blake's.

This guy has a ton of potential and I hope he stays a Clipper. In fact, between him, Griffin and Gordan, how pumped are you to be a Clippers fan at this point? As much as I want my Lakers to stay at the top, I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Clippers/Thunder rivalry developed when the Lakers go into rebuilding mode.

Serious playground baller KingJay718's Avatar

They gotta keep him. Him and BG32 are a good duo. I think DAJ can be a 12-15 and 10 player if he works hard. He seems like a good dude with a good motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Suckafree
    I think dude should be a major part of the clippers development. A legit 7" thats a top 5 athlete at his position (Chandler, Dwight, Mcgee being those that are in front of him probably) that can block shots, board and dunk the ball is exactly what they need. Blake has enough offense for that frontcourt alone. With Blakes passing ability, DJ should make a living off Blake being double teamed.
    I like the kid, once he refines his game this clippers teams gunna be trouble.

No Ibaka on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    No Ibaka on the list?
    Ibaka's more athletic, but he's a 4.

Banned

i don't think some of you understand, the clippers have to pay dj whatever it takes. if he's gone blakes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Ibaka's more athletic, but he's a 4.
    He's both. He was the center of the team before they got Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    i don't think some of you understand, the clippers have to pay dj whatever it takes. if he's gone blakes gone.
    This.

They are best friends...

I used to rag on DJ, but I really enjoy his game now. I hope Sterling doesn't lowball him...however...this is Sterling we are talking about.

Very good NBA starter

Perfect Center for a scoring PF to compliment.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    DeAndre's the most underrated dunker in the league. Some of his dunks have been even better than Blake's.

This guy has a ton of potential and I hope he stays a Clipper. In fact, between him, Griffin and Gordan, how pumped are you to be a Clippers fan at this point? As much as I want my Lakers to stay at the top, I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Clippers/Thunder rivalry developed when the Lakers go into rebuilding mode.
    I'm hoping for the same thing. People laugh about it.. but if we keep our talent and Sterling doesn't screw the team.. I really think in 3 seasons it can be the Thunder and Clips fighting for supremacy in the western conference.

Warriors could use him

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Man a lot of great feedback from non Clippers fans and no trolling. I'm impressed. I think at best DeAndre is a defensive anchor with a max potential in between Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby. I think at worst.. he only improves a little more than now and is a decent starting Center but nothing special. As for the HEAT fan... the front office already said they are keeping DJ and he wants to stay.

What I don't get is... today I guess the Clippers FO said they have no plans to trade Kaman and want to keep both??? I don't like this idea because we really need a SF. Maybe just a PR move to keep Kaman's value up?

If you had a choice as a fan of another team which Center would you prefer? Kaman or DJ?

he has a great upside