Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Good riddance to the Nuggets for firing George Karl...(Thinking Shaw was a genius)

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    because he failed almost 10 years in a row. with 3-4 different cores

the fact that mark jackson outcoached him should say something
    In what way do you measure how one coach outcoaches another? I'm genuinely interested to read your reply.

College superstar

Default Re: Good riddance to the Nuggets for firing George Karl...(Thinking Shaw was a genius)

Quote Originally Posted by Blingster
    I can honestly say, I thought the Nuggets would make a strong push for the playoffs this year. Five games in, it looks like I was wrong about that.

The problem about being a perpetual 1st round exit, is that it doesn't allow the team to acquire any new talent via the draft. Denver is a black hole for free agency, no one seems to want to play here. Making the playoffs is counterproductive right now imo for Denver.

As far as the slow start goes, I can't figure it out. I know there isn't any real "star" power with this team, but they shouldn't be this bad. I think that the problems are stemming from the locker room. I think Shaw has a disconnect with many of his starting players.

As far as a wasted season, it's only five games in. With 77 games left things can only get better, right?
    This team is in real trouble. They are paying too many mediocre players too much money. Gallo looks lost. Their best player now has chonic lower lef problems. They will probably end up above only Minny and LAL.

Shaw's stuff is almost laughably simplistic and they allow opposition way too much open space.

College superstar

mark jackson outcoached him should say something
    Do people STILL think Mark Jackson is a good coach??

I mean look what a rookie coach is doing with them. They ball flies around and they are breathtaking to watch offensively. Just 6 games ago this was the #12 offensive team in the league under Jackson.

C'mon, Jackson was a hack who didn't get the Xs and Os of the game, came out and basically said his boss was going to burn in hell, was leaving the team to fly to LA to preach almsot every weekend while his competitors were gameplanning, had a extramarital scandal, fired his entire coaching staff out of paranoia, proclaimed "Part time coach of the GSW, full time Preacher", and underachieved with a highly talented team.

If anyone ever hires him to lead a team it will be a terrible decision.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Did the OP complain when the Cavs fired Mike Brown after winning 60+ games and never failing to make the playoffs?

Did the OP complain when the Warriors fired Marc Jackson after not having back to back playoff appearances in 20 years?

Did the OP create a thread when Lionel Hollins was let go in Memphis after taking that team further than they have ever been in recent memory?

Methinks the OP is a very angry racist. Scratch that, after his support for George Zimmerman, the OP is a confirmed idiotic racist.
    Absolutely on all three.

Especially Hollins and Jackson. Both were shafted.

Anything else, sugar?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Do people STILL think Mark Jackson is a good coach??

I mean look what a rookie coach is doing with them. They ball flies around and they are breathtaking to watch offensively. Just 6 games ago this was the #12 offensive team in the league under Jackson.

C'mon, Jackson was a hack who didn't get the Xs and Os of the game, came out and basically said his boss was going to burn in hell, was leaving the team to fly to LA to preach almsot every weekend while his competitors were gameplanning, had a extramarital scandal, fired his entire coaching staff out of paranoia, proclaimed "Part time coach of the GSW, full time Preacher", and underachieved with a highly talented team.

If anyone ever hires him to lead a team it will be a terrible decision.
    It didn't much matter who was coaching the Nuggets or the Warriors in that series. Steph was the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingster
    I can honestly say, I thought the Nuggets would make a strong push for the playoffs this year. Five games in, it looks like I was wrong about that.

The problem about being a perpetual 1st round exit, is that it doesn't allow the team to acquire any new talent via the draft. Denver is a black hole for free agency, no one seems to want to play here. Making the playoffs is counterproductive right now imo for Denver.

As far as the slow start goes, I can't figure it out. I know there isn't any real "star" power with this team, but they shouldn't be this bad. I think that the problems are stemming from the locker room. I think Shaw has a disconnect with many of his starting players.

As far as a wasted season, it's only five games in. With 77 games left things can only get better, right?
    They have too much talent, IMO, to not get better.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    I am going to try this one more time. Then I am done. "Based on the OP's historical racist posting..." (i.e. his stance on George Zimmerman); the OP and others (i.e. calling Shaw "a AA hire") clearly intended this to be a race baiting thread."

Got it, Billy? I really cannot tell if you are "legally retarded" or just a moronic racist too? Suppose you are one in the same.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB
    It didn't much matter who was coaching the Nuggets or the Warriors in that series. Steph was the deciding factor.
    because Karl decided to put Andre Miller on him most of the series

and never calling an timeout or making any adjustments when Steph went bananas.

i always thought we should have hacked bogut whenever Curry looked like he was about to explode
    Last edited by kurple; 11-08-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So...you're legally retarded?

Well let me break this down for the simple minded. You singled out the OP in your original post, not the user I have on ignore. Now from what I've seen, he's had some exaggerated topics that could be seen as "discriminant" and troll-ish, but nothing here suggests that he is racist and/or race baiting.

Thing is, replacing Karl for Shaw, in hindsight, was a terrible move. Like Scott, Shaw hasn't shown that he's even fit for a headcoaching position (unless you think competing for contention is foreign).

Is this where I'm supposed to laugh? Do us a favor.. if you ever decide to tax your brain, charge no more than a penny.
    Thanks.

Banned

because Karl decided to put Andre Miller on him most of the series

and never calling an timeout or making any adjustments when Steph went bananas.

i always thought we should have hacked bogut whenever Curry looked like he was about to explode
    From everything I remember of that series, it didn't matter what defender was assigned to Curry. Steph was balling in the face of traps on the perimeter. He was balling when Brewer was on him. He was balling when Ty was on him.

Regarding your last 2 statements, I don't put as much value as you in timeouts called. Nor do I think the message Karl would have sent to his team by instructing them to foul would have propelled them to victory. Fair points nonetheless

It's as simple as being beat by the better team in my eyes. Always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB
    It's as simple as being beat by the better team in my eyes. Always will be.
    not in my eyes. never will be. was just a bad matchup because Karl's historically bad 3pt defense

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    George Karl:

good reg. season coach, awful playoff coach.
    Dude regularly got a team with not much top line talent to the playoffs consistently. When he did have a very talented roster they made the conference finals back in 09. He always got the most out of a deep but average Nuggets roster.

The problem was with the roster, not Karl.

Not airballing my layups anymore

The Nuggets looked like rubbish last night. I'm surprised the Cavs let them back in the game.

College star

George Karl got a bad rep because he's white.

Great college starter

Nuggz are back