Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?

For big cities it was definately LA. I really haven't been many places outside of Alberta/BC, other than a roadtrip down to cali with a friends family like 4/5 years ago. And even them it is like in the mountains or on the ocean or something.

But LA was disgusting to me, I thought it was just me since I have lived out in the country and hate going to the city for anything, but after seeing all you guys mention LA aswell I guess it was justified.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Quoted for f*cking Truth. Like Manute, I haven't been to the states, but Athens was a hole. Didn't help that it was 47 degrees C (thats 116F) when I was there. Even the airport sucks, I would have thought it would have been decent after the Olympics.
    Everyone has seen pictures of Santorini with the white buildings and their blue rooves and thinks 'Greece', but it is only the Greek Islands that are like that. And, yes, the airport in Athens sucks, I had an 11 hour stop over and they don't let you sleep anywhere in the airport! Fall asleep and security comes over and wakes you up!

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Everyone has seen pictures of Santorini with the white buildings and their blue rooves and thinks 'Greece', but it is only the Greek Islands that are like that. And, yes, the airport in Athens sucks, I had an 11 hour stop over and they don't let you sleep anywhere in the airport! Fall asleep and security comes over and wakes you up!
    You gotta be kidding me.

Do they wake you up because of the rampant crime or just to be assholes?

Bol'd over

I just received this neg, so I thought I'd explain myself:

y do u guys feel the need to preface your posts with "i havent been to the us"? like the us has a monopoly on crappy cities or something. anti-americanism *facepalm* - a brit
    ISH probably has 95% of it's posters living the US, thus the majority would be listing US cities, it might have even been implied that that was the case. I can't relate to that so I thought I would point it out. No anti-American sentiment intended whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    You gotta be kidding me.

Do they wake you up because of the rampant crime or just to be assholes?
    They do that in a lot of airports here.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    I just received this neg, so I thought I'd explain myself:

ISH probably has 95% of it's posters living the US, thus the majority would be listing US cities, it might have even been implied that that was the case. I can't relate to that so I thought I would point it out. No anti-American sentiment intended whatsoever.

Lol, someone negged me with the same exact sh*t. I put it there cos nearly everyone here is listing cities in the states. I'd be curious to know what cities outside of the states you guys think suck as well. I could name some crappy towns in oz no-one else would know of that suck too.

Edit, no anti-Americanism here either, US is going to be my next holiday
    Last edited by SevereUpInHere; 10-29-2010 at 01:51 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    What did you think about places like Santa Monica/Venice Beach? While I agree with the core of your post, there are some fun areas.

I think part of the appeal of being LA is being far away from home, and searching for that "quinessential SoCal" experience, which can be found in places south of.
    Venice Beach was really the only area that I got any kind of enjoyment out of. It sort of reminded me of Washington Square Park (in NYC) circa-1994, only on the beach. Lots of interesting people, street musicians, illicit activities, etc.

Santa Monica was OK, I guess. I just got a feeling of fakeness everywhere, though. It reminded me of an outdoor shopping mall on the beach. Not my scene.

Athens, Greece or El Paso, Tx

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Come on, B-Low.

LA was basically my nightmare city, though. Insanely dirty, crowded, sprawling and a generally awful vibe in the air that is hard to describe. The weather may be warm, but that is one cold city at its core. No one looks happy, it takes two hours to drive 10 miles... Awful.
    you had to be downtown

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

dont understand the LA hate you guys have, must of been in the wrong places but eh oh well everybody has their own opinion so its all good.

For me it was Tulsa , Oklahoma I hated that place I CANNOT live the slow life.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Bakersfield, CA really sucks.

Los Angeles is an absolute shithole. Terrible traffic. Terrible air. Terrible people. I just couldn't stand it.

College superstar

Worse city I have ever been to, Stoke in England.

Place was dirty, full of polution, Boarded up housing with squatters.

Salt Lake City. It was like 1984 bullshit whitey land with all white people everyone wore the same clothes and all the women had the same hair and there was no garbage anywhere, it was really creepy

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    St. Louis. BOOOOORING. Once you see the arch then what else can you possibly do?
    they have a nice zoo that has free admission.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    you had to be downtown
    I was staying in Silverlake. I spent time in West Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Redondo Beach, Malibu...

The only spot I remotely enjoyed was Venice (and it was a god awful drive from Silverlake to Venice Beach).