Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What would you choose, Bill Gates smarts or LeBron James athleticism?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    You talk about Lebron's dick being small...yet its big enough to fill up all the space on your mind...rent free

Default Re: What would you choose, Bill Gates smarts or LeBron James athleticism?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Ryan Fitzpatrick had a perfect or near perfect SAT

still not smart enough to figure out how to be a successful quarterback in the NFL
    Drafted in the 7th round, players don't even make roster at that spot. He has a net worth of 24 million, and 11 years experience. Sounds like a success to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There are a lot more people with Bill Gates mental potential than Lebrons athletic potential. A lot more has to fall in place to turn intellect into wealth than absurd athletic ability.

Lebron could be in the NBA without many basketball skills just off his mobility at his size allowing him to be a top flight defender. At 18 he could also walk on at many colleges and get a free education or a place to show his potential and hope to be drafted.

You cant just....be a genius and have chances like that fall into your lap.

There are people even in the first world with brilliant minds born into situations that will never lead to being similar to Bill Gates.

Not many people Lebrons size with his mobility fail to have someone notice.

Much easier path.
    I'm 5'8. Even if I woke up tomorrow with LeBron's athleticism I would be Nate Robinson at best. Most likely not even that as Nate practiced basketball all his life. I'd probably be hoping to make some football team roster as a RB and have no guarantees there. Really, my life could be a life full of failure despite being so fast and jumping so high with all that athleticism.

While, if I had genius IQ, I would at least be super smart and could make a great living. Not just till I'm 40, but much afterwards too. I may not be a billionaire like Bill, but still imo a great shot at a very high (200k-2m if I focus my mind on the things that make money) salary. Sure I might fail there too, but if you focus all that brilliance on money, you will find a way to make money. Its that simple.

Bill gates smarts anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K
    I'm 5'8. Even if I woke up tomorrow with LeBron's athleticism I would be Nate Robinson at best. Most likely not even that as Nate practiced basketball all his life. I'd probably be hoping to make some football team roster as a RB and have no guarantees there. Really, my life could be a life full of failure despite being so fast and jumping so high with all that athleticism.

While, if I had genius IQ, I would at least be super smart and could make a great living. Not just till I'm 40, but much afterwards too. I may not be a billionaire like Bill, but still imo a great shot at a very high (200k-2m if I focus my mind on the things that make money) salary. Sure I might fail there too, but if you focus all that brilliance on money, you will find a way to make money. Its that simple.

Bill gates smarts anyday
    I thought size was obviously within OP's definition of "athleticism"

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    I thought size was obviously within OP's definition of "athleticism"
    pretty sure height is not part of any definition of athleticism

Bill Gates' smarts doesn't = Bill Gates' money. A lot of people who are a lot smarter than Bill Gates are not rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K
    pretty sure height is not part of any definition of athleticism
    That's what the quotes are for.

Who cares if you're as athletic as lebron if you're under 6'? I can walk outside and find people who fit that criteria.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

yeah I was considering the total physical package. If you stay an average sized person there's nothing much you can do with it without immense skill to go along with it.

Very good NBA starter

the intelligence of bill gates is more "common" or less rare than the athleticism of lebron.

Banned

Tommy Chong Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Bill Gates' smarts doesn't = Bill Gates' money. A lot of people who are a lot smarter than Bill Gates are not rich.
    define smarts

IQ sure as hell isnt the right measurement.. Gates is a brilliant and creative inventor and buisness man

and you need to define athleticism as well. Lebron wouldnt be in the league if he was 5'8

Gates is pretty much guaranteed to make at least 100k a year. with the ceiling of the richest man on planet earth

LBJ's floor is mcdonalds worker and playground champ. with Jordan as ceiling

i'd go with Gates

The one that makes you the richest man in the world

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

as someone earlier said, mocking Ryan Fitzgerald for not having a successful career is so inaccurate. Being drafted that late and still being relevant for 11 years means he was way over his worth of where he got drafted.

There's too many variables in this question. i honestly would rather be Gates. I'm not a fan of the spotlight and if I'm Lebrons size and athleticism I would probably be a professional athlete since I would have lebrons brain which is inferior to Gates

The thing is, Gates attended Harvard and from people I know who went there always rave on and on about the potential networking offered through clubs, meetings, classmates. You could legitimately work in a high end investment bank with any major from Harvard and start with a close to 6 figure if not 6 figures. Can't say the same about most of the other ivys. Only Wharton business undergrad than Harvard may carry more weight on Wall Street. If I had Bill Gates brain, I probably would try to be an entrepreneur like he was. Luck plays a huge role in billionaires net worth. I would honestly even take Mark Cuban brains and perseverance despite probably not having the brain power of Gates or Allen, he was very business savy person who cashed out a company that reached its peak worth and he ends of selling it to Yahoo before the market crashes at the dot com burst.

Therefore I prefer the brain of an intellect like Gates and not just a man who was given everything in terms of athleticism

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    as someone earlier said, mocking Ryan Fitzgerald for not having a successful career is so inaccurate. Being drafted that late and still being relevant for 11 years means he was way over his worth of where he got drafted.

There's too many variables in this question. i honestly would rather be Gates. I'm not a fan of the spotlight and if I'm Lebrons size and athleticism I would probably be a professional athlete since I would have lebrons brain which is inferior to Gates

The thing is, Gates attended Harvard and from people I know who went there always rave on and on about the potential networking offered through clubs, meetings, classmates. You could legitimately work in a high end investment bank with any major from Harvard and start with a close to 6 figure if not 6 figures. Can't say the same about most of the other ivys. Only Wharton business undergrad than Harvard may carry more weight on Wall Street. If I had Bill Gates brain, I probably would try to be an entrepreneur like he was. Luck plays a huge role in billionaires net worth. I would honestly even take Mark Cuban brains and perseverance despite probably not having the brain power of Gates or Allen, he was very business savy person who cashed out a company that reached its peak worth and he ends of selling it to Yahoo before the market crashes at the dot com burst.

Therefore I prefer the brain of an intellect like Gates and not just a man who was given everything in terms of athleticism
    What makes you say that?

Bill Gates was smart enough to make some great business deals with what was basically an inferior knockoff product. I don't specifically know that that necessarily means he's smarter than LeBron.