Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #46
bladefd
College superstar

Default Re: Donald Trump Says He Trusts Vladimir Putin Over American Intelligence

Very good guy that Putin is. What an honorable man! I wish all of our presidents were like Putin. Great man with high character.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #47
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: Donald Trump Says He Trusts Vladimir Putin Over American Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Very good guy that Putin is. What an honorable man! I wish all of our presidents were like Putin. Great man with high character.
indeed! you will never hear the free and independent russian media report one critical thing about putin. must be a great guy! real news! not like in america!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #48
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Now it's treason to question authority? What is this, Russia?
No, it's treasonous to side with foreign governments over your own, no matter how "defective" our own agencies are. You are free to question your government, that goes without saying but to side with a country that has been more hostile to ours than not over the course of history is what traitors and scoundrels do, sorry. Holy shit, I never thought I would have to explain this to Republicans, Reagan is rolling over on his grave

Putin is not a nice guy, no matter how much Trump sukks his dick
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #49
UK2K
NBA Legend

So... remember that time Obama said Russia wasn't a threat? Was he wrong, or was he playing politics?

Asking for a friend.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #50
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
So... remember that time Obama said Russia wasn't a threat? Was he wrong, or was he playing politics?

Asking for a friend.

Remember when Obama referred to our intel community as "political hacks" for besmirching the impeccable reputation of Vladimir Putin? Oh right, that never happened - conservative heads would have exploded en masse.

Last edited by ThePhantomCreep : 11-14-2017 at 08:25 PM.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #51
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
No, it's treasonous to side with foreign governments over your own,
so... Does that also include siding with foreign governments over the Trump administration or are there a bunch of extra rules that basically result in "it ok to side with foreign governments when I like it, but it's treason when I don't like it"?

For example, you would never side with the Mexican government over Trump, right?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 AM   #52
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Not at all surprised. It's strange seeing all the liberals here defending the intelligence community like they're the be all end all of American justice.
Wow and the title of this post is Putin vs AI agencies.

Do you guys really take yourselves serious?
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #53
oh the horror
NBA Legend

At this point Iím done having any rational debate with a Trump supporter. These people are lost their f*cking minds.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 AM   #54
falc39
Local High School Star

Quote:
Nonetheless, Clapper seized upon Trump’s initial comments. The former director of national intelligence also told CNN such backtracking was indicative of weakness in front of the leaders of rival powers.

“I think he [Trump] seems very susceptible to rolling out the red carpet, honour guards and all the trappings and pomp and circumstance that come with the office,” Clapper said. “I think Trump criticised Clapper and Brennan, who served under both Democratic and Republican presidents, as well as James Comey, the FBI director he fired in May over, he said, “this Russia thing”, during the same flight to Hanoi on Saturday.

Brennan said the remarks were “reprehensible” but added: “Considering the source of the criticism, I consider that criticism a badge of honour.

“To impugn the character of somebody like Jim Clapper on Veteran’s Day, who has dedicated so much of his life to this country, I just find that outrageous. I think it’s something Mr Trump should be ashamed of, but it doesn’t seem that anything that he does he feels any shame of whatsoever.”

Why is Clapper still given room to talk? Did people forget he was caught lying to Congress under oath? Still defending his reputation? He is one of the many reasons US intelligence agencies have lost so much of their reputation. He left in disgrace and people still trying to defend his character? It's just ridiculous.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: