Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Creatine - What kind of results did you see?

I know it's well studied, can help but it's not a miracle drug and all that jazz...But Im just wondering about your expierence with it. Any non responders?

Default Re: Creatine - What kind of results did you see?

I think it is one of few supplements on the market worth buying. I think weight and strength gains will be relative to your current frame and muscle mass (i.e. If you're 6'6 you'll gain more total weight than someone who is 5'6.). It isn't like steroids or anything close to that, but it can definitely help you bust through plateaus.

You gain a bunch of weight, and you push more weight. I saw my strength stay with me after I got off it.

Drink a heap of water though. You'll find you might feel dehydrated more so than usual, so you'll be drinking more water anyway, but drink even more than that.

You'll look puffy too. If that bothers you, then don't go on it, but I go up and down in weight every 3 months cutting and bulking so I don't mind.
    I haven't actually used it in forever, since I'm happy maintaining at the moment and don't really feel the need to get bulkier or stronger anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You gain a bunch of weight, and you push more weight. I saw my strength stay with me after I got off it.

Drink a heap of water though. You'll find you might feel dehydrated more so than usual, so you'll be drinking more water anyway, but drink even more than that.

You'll look puffy too. If that bothers you, then don't go on it, but I go up and down in weight every 3 months cutting and bulking so I don't mind.
    I haven't actually used it in forever, since I'm happy maintaining at the moment and don't really feel the need to get bulkier or stronger anymore.
    Thanks for the responses guys.. This is directed at both of you...What do you do if your squat is stalling? I got my deadlift to 350 at 175 after 4 mo ths, but my squat is still at a beginner level. I can probably do more ..But with deadlifts starting light it got easy....While starting low with squats it's just felt the same so far. Been trying to eat better lately so I expect that will help...But it's still frustrating how quick my deadlift went up when I had chicken legs and zero posterior chain to start with. Been doing hamstring curls after squats the last few times, hopefully that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Thanks for the responses guys.. This is directed at both of you...What do you do if your squat is stalling? I got my deadlift to 350 at 175 after 4 mo ths, but my squat is still at a beginner level. I can probably do more ..But with deadlifts starting light it got easy....While starting low with squats it's just felt the same so far. Been trying to eat better lately so I expect that will help...But it's still frustrating how quick my deadlift went up when I had chicken legs and zero posterior chain to start with. Been doing hamstring curls after squats the last few times, hopefully that helps
    Most people's squats stalling has nothing to do with leg strength. Case in point, you could probably leg press 4x what you squat. The weak link is the core and lower back. Try mixing in some heavy good mornings. Those will thicken up your trunk while simultaneously strengthening the glutes and hams. Also heavy dumbbell side bends. Unfortunately the cornerstone of a great squat is a super strong core, and that doesn't mean 20 inch waist with 6 pack abs...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    Most people's squats stalling has nothing to do with leg strength. Case in point, you could probably leg press 4x what you squat. The weak link is the core and lower back. Try mixing in some heavy good mornings. Those will thicken up your trunk while simultaneously strengthening the glutes and hams. Also heavy dumbbell side bends. Unfortunately the cornerstone of a great squat is a super strong core, and that doesn't mean 20 inch waist with 6 pack abs...
    It depends what squat style/stance they are using

A low bar, forward lean style is going to emphasize the posterior chain, with a lack of true leg development that one would achieve with an olympic or front bar form.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    It depends what squat style/stance they are using

A low bar, forward lean style is going to emphasize the posterior chain, with a lack of true leg development that one would achieve with an olympic or front bar form.
    Yup. Can't argue with that. For true leg development and athleticism, I'd go front squat and lunge variations all day. But if you're just trying to hit numbers on the back squat, low
    bar it and hit the core hard

Banned

I'm going to try an olympic lifting style combination of squats and pulls

Deep high bar squats and just some conventional deadlifts

Feel like its a better balance than low bar and conventional deadlift exclusively

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I'm going to try an olympic lifting style combination of squats and pulls

Deep high bar squats and just some conventional deadlifts

Feel like its a better balance than low bar and conventional deadlift exclusively
    What are you training for?

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    I definitely have a weak core, so I need to strengthen that. As of this moment I only do high bar, with full range of motion. Ass to grass

Also do you guys go down on your deadlifts slow and in control, or do you just drop it?

Also do you guys go down on your deadlifts slow and in control, or do you just drop it?
    I always included the negative in the exact reverse motion as the concentric (upward) phase. I figure, the eccentric phase of any lift is where you actually break down and build the most muscle (hypertrophic), so why would you skip the phase that develops the muscles you are trying to build? So I was always a controlled negative "touch and go" type of deadlifter.....

Another reason I would advise doing the negative is that for beginners/intermediate it definitely helps keep you in a better "groove" technique wise. Most bar droppers I see round over and go hunchback up, then just drop and repeat. A strict neg will help teach you to keep the dish in your low back through the full movement.
    Last edited by MMKM; 12-25-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Banned

Keep the negatives for romanian deadlifts for accessories

Squat more. Eat more. Sleep more.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Squat more. Eat more.Sleep more.
    Critical.