Default Happy Kwanzaa, Charlie Brown!

A Charlie Brown Kwanzaa

once again it's time for this old classic...

Banned

Default Re: Happy Kwanzaa, Charlie Brown!

   

seriously... not that i'm african-american... but i don't hear many people talking about it around here.

the seven principles sound pretty nice to me:

Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.

Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves.

Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together.

Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.

Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.

Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.

Imani (Faith): To believe with all our hearts in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

I'm no good

   

amazingly, when i was at the local denny's-type restaurant tonight, a black cop sitting across from me at the single-seating area mentioned kwanzaa to one of the waitresses.

i piped up "happy kwanzaa, yo!" and he replied the same way, but long story short, out of us and the manager, nobody there seemed to know the right dates.

WP says it runs a whole week... dec 26th to new years!

of course, dude might just have been mackin on the girl in the first place.