Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Do you think Aaron Hernandez should be convicted?

Every time something new about this case is reported and there is a comment section, I see people claim that Hernandez is going to walk because there is no physical evidence and no murder weapon.

But... I don't believe those are requirements in the legal guidelines for conviction. I'm pretty sure the standard is to be "proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt," no??

The only evidence against Hernandez so far is circumstantial. However, that circumstantial evidence is so overwhelming, it would not be reasonable to think anyone else BUT Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd. I mean does anyone disagree?

So if a jury finds it unreasonable to think someone besides Hernandez was the murderer, shouldn't that be enough to convict?

Any people here with a law background have a take on this?

Banned

Default Re: Do you think Aaron Hernandez should be convicted?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    If he does walk, the bigger question is, will a team pick him up?

Whether he walks on technicalities or not, the fact is he is a murderous, pcp smoking schizophrenic.

So the answer is yes.

Being photographed with the murder weapon and having possession of it in your house is circumstansial evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Being photographed with the murder weapon and having possession of it in your house is circumstansial evidence?
    evidence doesn't need to be considered in isolation of other evidence, the murder weapon being in his possession on camera doesn't necessarily PROVE he did it. But if you consider the fact that he tampered with his security system, attempted to erase all security video, returned Odin Lloyd's phone to the police all smashed up, (as well as countless other details) then there definitely is a lot of evidence against him. So far the only thing I have heard that insists he didn't do it has come from Hernandez's mouth himself.

to the OP, I think SHOULD he be convicted is a loaded question. If he did it, yes, if not then no. WILL he get convicted regardless of his apparent innocence? Probably, the evidence looks really bad, and while I'm not saying he did it, if he truly didn't do it, then there must be some criminal mastermind behind this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko

I wasnt aware they had determined any of the guns he had possession of were the actual murder weapon in this crime.

Link?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    evidence doesn't need to be considered in isolation of other evidence, the murder weapon being in his possession on camera doesn't necessarily PROVE he did it. But if you consider the fact that he tampered with his security system, attempted to erase all security video, returned Odin Lloyd's phone to the police all smashed up, (as well as countless other details) then there definitely is a lot of evidence against him. So far the only thing I have heard that insists he didn't do it has come from Hernandez's mouth himself.

to the OP, I think SHOULD he be convicted is a loaded question. If he did it, yes, if not then no. WILL he get convicted regardless of his apparent innocence? Probably, the evidence looks really bad, and while I'm not saying he did it, if he truly didn't do it, then there must be some criminal mastermind behind this.
    Huh? So you actually think he might've not done it?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Huh? So you actually think he might've not done it?
    oh hell no, that fcuker is guilty

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I wasnt aware they had determined any of the guns he had possession of were the actual murder weapon in this crime.

Link?

His problem is he hasn't been able to produce the gun in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    His problem is he hasn't been able to produce the gun in the pics.
    his problem is they got 2 guys in custody and the state will threaten to throw big numbers at them

Thats the only way he is going down, one of them flips.

Don't matter he can't produce the gun, it's the state's job to prove the gun in the picture is the gun used in the murder. And they can't do that without finding the gun

Hard to tell. I feel like they are going to try and make an example out of him.

Besides, he's clearly guilty...

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

They don't need to produce a gun to convict him. Pretty sure they don't even have to prove he was the one guy out of the group who fired the shots.

If one of the guys flips (pretty sure one already has) then that is the missing link they would need to have an eye witness identify Hernandez as being there.

Bring him back to the pats

jk. no not really we need more receivers

Banned

If anyone remembers the scott peterson trial, he was convicted strictly on circumstantial evidence that quite frankly with stephen a smith wasnt even as strong as what hernandez is facing

IMO if hes not convicted I would say its a very sad day for the justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    If anyone remembers the scott peterson trial, he was convicted strictly on circumstantial evidence that quite frankly with stephen a smith wasnt even as strong as what hernandez is facing

IMO if hes not convicted I would say its a very sad day for the justice system.
    This guy

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Nothing surprises me after Casey Anthony