Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    GodOfBasketball
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Will Carmelo Anthony Go Down As GOAT Clutch Player Ever?

Where do people rank Melo among clutch players in the league right now? Has he been the clutchest so far? Top 5?.

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Carmelo is the most accurate player in the NBA when it comes to game winning shots among players with 10 or more gamewinners.

I also believe that he's top 3 in the league in 4th quarter efficiency this year as well?

College superstar

Oh man, if the Thunder meet the Nuggets in the playoffs they're screwed. Melo has their number.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Blackmon

Your a real jerk if you think Chris Paul is better than Magic or Zeke. How many rings does Paul have? He hasn't even made the Finals.
    Sarcasm...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    Actually it's really not that funny. Especially this year where Melo has been playing hurt and is putting numbers inferior to Bosh's. But beyond the numbers, a lot of people would still prefer Bosh, because he offers more value to a team (PF to a SF). It's not laughable either way, because it definitely depends on what your team needs are. But pretty sure, Toronto nor Denver fans would want to trade their superstars for each other straight up...
    you blind homer it is laughable because Bosh just disappears in the clutch plus only shoots soft fadeaway jumpers, the raptors would get so much better if they had Melo inplace of Bosh

Calderon
    Parker
    Carmelo
    Bargnani
    JO

you see? That is a ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER LINEUP than they one they play with Bosh.

No, I highly doubt it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBasketball
    Where do people rank Melo among clutch players in the league right now? Has he been the clutchest so far? Top 5?.
    1. Manu
    2. Kobe
    3. Carmelo
    4. Roy
    5. Durant

that's how I rank it, in terms of people I want taking the last shot of a game if my team's down 1 or 2.

In addition, they've got OJ Mayo. Basketball has never seen a refreshing generation of skilled ingredients of basketball players...
    You're right, I forgot him. Greatest rookie scorer ever, the only rookie to score 10+ points in 5+ consecutive games, according to half the internet sources out there, breaking Magic Johnson's record of 4!

PS. Oh, wait, I found some rookies who did it in 82 consecutive games. Oh well, sh!t happens. Still, pretty close.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Exclamation Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

We all know Melo is clutch
    (http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm)
    What a shot right there though! Melo and Chauncey Billups came up huge today! That was one of the more entertaining games of the playoffs right there. Denver just ripped Dallas's heart out and stomped it flat at mid-court!

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

this year's playoffs have been pretty awesome to watch :)

loved the game!

This poster/person we call lilojmayo, is a prophet. I have seen enough. He knows what he is talking about. Lets all give him rep

Melo with a game winner game over flip flip flip.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

well considering nobody was guarding him....b.s. no call by the refs.

**** that... BS call, he had already raised his arm to say he commited the foul and the ref didnt call it. Stupid way to foul, worse no call

i dont see how this was clutch... it was an open shot, he too thought he was fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    well considering nobody was guarding him....b.s. no call by the refs.
    I'm so sick of the negativity with the NBA fans, why does it always seem to be a Lakers/Kobe fan trying to diminish another player? It was a great shot, Melo fought through a foul, and he hit the shot, nerves of steel. Great game, Dallas had their backs to the wall and played great, Nuggets are gonna sweep the Mavs.
    Last edited by bruceblitz; 05-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact
    **** that... BS call, he had already raised his arm to say he commited the foul and the ref didnt call it. Stupid way to foul, worse no call

i dont see how this was clutch... it was an open shot, he too thought he was fouled.
    You don't see how it was clutch?
    Last edited by bruceblitz; 05-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.