Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Monta and Dirk take a dump on the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Ellis has been absolutely great so far. And his effort on defense has been tremendous...he still makes some bad mistakes on defense and gets lazy a little too often, but I bet that changes after 50 or so games of Carlisle reaming after every game.

That Dirk/Ellis and Dirk/Calderon pick and roll has been unstoppable to date.

If this team could get another quality big next to Dalembert...they could be really freaking good...especially in the regular season.

Hopefully Wright plays up to his contract...because he should add a lot to this team because he addresses the weaknesses in a big way.

Ellis really is making the game so much easier for every Mavs player on offense...especially Dirk. Dirk started the year in a shooting slump...and even with that...after last night's game he's at 21/6/3 on 63% TS. Calderon was in a terrible slump early on as well...and he's at 11/5/3 on 60% TS with 47% from 3.

Of course, it's fun to watch, but the Mavs have been awful on the glass and on defense this year. Dalembert and Marion can only do so much. Harris coming back will help the perimeter defense quite a bit...and like I said above...Wright should help as well, but if this team ever got a legit Center...they'd probably be great. For example, put Asik on this team and we are a 55 plus win team and super dangerous come playoff time.

They should go after Asik.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

dirk smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Man this was one of the best games I saw so far this season. It was really really good. It was this one time Dirk looked off and smiled and then shot and made it. Dude is still great even this far into his career.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    too bad they let Tyson Chandler go.
    Yea. He would be perfect on this team

If there was a way to get Asik w/o trading Marion/Larkin/Dalembert that would be great.. but I doubt he comes here regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Monta is way better than advertised. I love these two playing together, and from watching the post game interview, you could tell they love playing with each other as well.
    I would love to see comparitive shot charts from his inefficient days compared to Ellis under carlisle, playing with others who command double teams. I wonder how much his efficiency will improve over the course of a whole season ?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    McHale seems like he'd be from that old school mindframe where they really frown on trades within the same division. Because any unbalance that resulted from the trade would hurt you more than it normally otherwise would. And I have a feeling Asik is going to beast with the minutes he gets on any other team, like he's got something to prove.

Asik might even make it a personal vendetta to be determined to overtake Howard in the rebounding battle, and henceforth become the best rebounder in the league. He can do it too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I just don't know what we can give them. Marion/Larkin...and a future 2nd rounder.

And we'd have to get back Garcia as well because our sf position would be extremely weak without Marion.

Larkin would be good for them because that way they could move Lin this off season when he becomes an expiring contract. They'd get a very talented backup pg to Beverly on the books for 4 years on less than 2 million a year...so they could go out and get what they actually need.

Marion/Larkin and future 2nd rounder for Asik/Garcia...I'd do it if I was both teams. Marion's expiring contract alone probably makes it worth it for the Rockets...and he'll help them a lot this year as well.

Could the Mavs get it done with Wright/Larkin/Crowder and a future 2nd round pick?

I'd just hate to lose Marion...he's really important for this team and I'd imagine he'll sign on the cheap with us this off season like Dirk will...so if we could somehow keep him and get Asik...that would be ideal, but I doubt it. Marion would make the Rockets better currently than Asik does...and he's an expiring contract. Hugely valuable for them.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-21-2013 at 02:43 PM.

I think the Mavs made some solid moves in the offseason. Blair gives them solid minutes and he is a really cheap addition, Dalembert is serviceable, Montae has opened up the offense, and Calderon has always been a good contributor.

I don't think they are anything more than an exciting regular season team who might get a first round playoff exist but they will be fun to watch.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

This gif is awesome. Dirk's like "watch this!" then proceeds to nail the jumper.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think the Mavs made some solid moves in the offseason. Blair gives them solid minutes and he is a really cheap addition, Dalembert is serviceable, Montae has opened up the offense, and Calderon has always been a good contributor.

I don't think they are anything more than an exciting regular season team who might get a first round playoff exist but they will be fun to watch.
    Exactly.

It's hopefully next year we will be able to make noise. Like I said above, you put a legit center next to Dalembert for the other 25 minutes a game...we are legit.

Asik is the guy that comes to mind because he's exactly what we need. If we could just add Asik to this team without losing a single player (I know it's impossible...just saying it for fun)...we are about as good as anyone in the West in my opinion if healthy or than the Thunder.

At what point in the game did Dirk smile and nail that shot? Was it the 4th?

And who's he smiling at?

Dirk GODwitski!!!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

monta is my dude. glad to see him back balling.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    At what point in the game did Dirk smile and nail that shot? Was it the 4th?

And who's he smiling at?

Dirk GODwitski!!!
    I think it was the 4th. Dunno who he smiled at, but it was crazy to see. Hell doing that at any point in the game is crazy to see lol. Shows how this dude stays cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Can I ask what exactly Harden was so upset about on that last shot? I fail to see anything even coming close to a foul there. Came off looking like a little biatch.
    Probably wanted the Paul George treatment from refs

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    too bad they let Tyson Chandler go.
    To be fair, the team would look totally different with Tyson's $14 mil/year salary.

Dalembert only gets $3.7 mil