Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #31
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

While you're at it champ...I can post a WHOLE lot of merdiocre running backs that put up similar anemic rushing stats that Bush is doing.

...btw, if the running back position is so easy transition from college to the pro's (for the ones that can do it), why is Bush struggling so much?
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #32
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter

Reggie Bush reminds me of Eric Metcalf. Eric Metcalf was a STUD in college. An absolute beast. But he was never a full time back. But he was one of the greatest all-around players ever. In the mold of a Herschel Walker, who basically did everything for the team.

I think Reggie will have that same type of career.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Bush cant be an everydown RB? Gotta love the morons here. I swear.

Sean Payton will not BENCH Duece McCalister just so Bush can prove you kids wrong. Duece makes a lot of money and he is also talented. He isnt a 36yd old RB on his way out. Sean Payton offense hasnt been a rushing attack, its been pass oriented. Bush cant tell the coach "Start me and give me 20 carries & 5 passes so i can shut up the haters".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Reggie Bush reminds me of Eric Metcalf. Eric Metcalf was a STUD in college. An absolute beast. But he was never a full time back. But he was one of the greatest all-around players ever. In the mold of a Herschel Walker, who basically did everything for the team.

I think Reggie will have that same type of career.

Why do you think he cant be a fulltime RB.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #35
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Again you want to ignore what Bush has done as a receiver. Shut up already.
No, I'm not. I already stated he a possesion WR. What more do you want me to say? If he was a big-play receiver, he'd be averaging 10+ yards a catch like Jones-Drew is doing, particularly since he's caught the ball an outrageous 84 times already.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
No, I'm not. I already stated he a possesion WR. What more do you want me to say? If he was a big-play receiver, he'd be averaging 10+ yards a catch like Jones-Drew is doing, particularly since he's caught the ball an outrageous 84 times already.
The irony here? Him having 84 catches is actually a good thing. I'm done with this convo.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #37
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Sean Payton will not BENCH Duece McCalister just so Bush can prove you kids wrong. Duece makes a lot of money and he is also talented. He isnt a 36yd old RB on his way out. Sean Payton offense hasnt been a rushing attack, its been pass oriented. Bush cant tell the coach "Start me and give me 20 carries & 5 passes so i can shut up the haters".
Well, for the next 4 or 5 years Bush will continue be a scatback by design then, huh? Wow, what a bunch of bullsh*t.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #38
LakersRuleTheNBA
I usually hit open layups

From watching Saints games on tv. Bush makes other guys around him better. Bush is a threat at wr, a threat at running the back. Bush gets double/triple team. Guys like Duece and Colston benefit from this, being wide open.

It doesn't matter how many yards Bush is getting. He's helping his team win..
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #39
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter

Quote:

Because he will have to decide which he values more: running the ball EVERY DOWN, or being their punt return/kickoff man. You can't do it all. He will get tired if he tries.

So until he becomes the a full time rb, you can't call him a full time rb. I never said he couldn't. But as of right now... he's Eric Metcalf.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #40
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The irony here? Him having 84 catches is actually a good thing. I'm done with this convo.
Yeah, my man...just like averaging 3.2 yards a carry is a bad thing, duh? Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner here.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Well, for the next 4 or 5 years Bush will continue be a scatback by design then, huh? Wow, what a bunch of bullsh*t.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #42
Wuxia
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
PleezeBelieve

Congratulations! You won the "Stupidest ISH Poster Award"!
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #43
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
From watching Saints games on tv. Bush makes other guys around him better. Bush is a threat at wr, a threat at running the back. Bush gets double/triple team. Guys like Duece and Colston benefit from this, being wide open.

It doesn't matter how many yards Bush is getting. He's helping his team win..
, how the hell can he make other people better when he can't make himself better?

...byw, since when was it made possible to "double/triple team" a running back into averaging 3.2 yards per carry? Just a question, though, cause teams really need to start "double/triple teaming Tomilson.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Because he will have to decide which he values more: running the ball EVERY DOWN, or being their punt return/kickoff man. You can't do it all. He will get tired if he tries.

So until he becomes the a full time rb, you can't call him a full time rb. I never said he couldn't. But as of right now... he's Eric Metcalf.

He will be an everydown RB. Right now the Saints are using him different from what some fans expected. Saints are winning and i doubt they will decide to stop using Bush like they have (recieving threat) for now. Fans tend to be impatient. It'll happen.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #45
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're the one that said Peyton won't bench Duece. You think Duece is going somewhere anytime soon? He's just turned 28. When healthy he's good for 1200 yeards a season. According to your rationale, when the f*ck will Bush ever get the opportunity to be the premier back over the next 4 or 5 years?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: