Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #46
tamaraw08
College superstar

Default Re: My Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I think a lot of you Laker fans are forgetting that...THE LAKERS WERE THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON. They might have got a little better in this regard since Kobe retired and they got Luol Deng and Mozgov...but neither of those guys can impact the defensive side enough to matter. Definitely not matter when the Lakers are going to also be mediocre offensively. Russell, Clarson, Lou Williams, and Randle are all horrible defensive players and they are all going to play big minutes. Ingram could develop into an able player defensively, but it's certainly not going to happen out of the gate...especially playing in this kind of no defense culture the Lakers have right now, so he just adds another player who can't do shit defensively for this team.

This isn't the ****ing Rockets...the Lakers don't have the firepower to make up for the top 5 worst defensive team they will be. This upcoming lakers team will be lucky to win 30 games, period.

I know it's a really hard concept for casual fans to understand...but STOPPING THE OTHER TEAM FROM SCORING is just as important as scoring yourself.

No, the Lakers will not be in the top defensive teams next season but I don't think you should be focusing too much on the individual defensive abilities of each players and esp what happened last season.
Carlos Boozer is a bad defender and yet his deficiencies didn't make Utah the worst defensive team when he was there. It's about holding them accountable and providing help where its really needed etc.
Luke stated a few days ago that they are really spending a lot of time with their defense and it is showing some promise.
Last season was chaotic with Kobe chucking so much and getting away with his sub-par defense while Byron Scott alienating young players with his harsh criticisms with the press. With one player taking most of the shots and the coach being biased with certain players, the whole team lacked passion and focus and I do believe that "culture" is slowly being removed.
There will be a ton of mistakes on both offense and defensive rotations and it will be UGLY, but so far they have showed enthusiasm, to work harder and help each other and play together.
But my fellow Laker fans, please stop this crazy talk about Russell being top 5 PG etc Yes, it made have been done with sarcasm but some posters here are already taking notes and they will savor each loss bec of those cocky statements.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:26 AM   #47
SwayDizzle
Good college starter

damn we lookin fresh
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:10 AM   #48
AirTupac
Banned

Bump when we in the playoffs