Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: McDonald's is sellin' wings now

I dont understand why people eat at mcdonalds when almost all neighborhoods have good local eateries which are comparably priced and much better food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
A corporation who heavily markets their food towards African-Americans... and you're surprised they came out with chicken wings?

I have heard this before and then suddenly noticed that every mcdonalds ad features black people and I cant remember a mcdonalds ad that featured white people.

I am curious if anyone can explain to me the logic of this decision? Why specifically target 12.6% of the population only?

I mean i would kind of understand going after latinos because they are an increasing proportion of the population.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Because African-Americans represent ~35% of the population below the poverty line... the largest representation of any race, including Latino/Hispanics.

They even have their own website for black people;

http://www.mcdonalds.com/365black/en/home.html
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #33
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Because African-Americans represent ~35% of the population below the poverty line... the largest representation of any race, including Latino/Hispanics.

They even have their own website for black people;

http://www.mcdonalds.com/365black/en/home.html

that conflicts with stuff i have heard/read before. I am pretty sure in absolute terms there are more white people living under the poverty line than black people. even if a higher percentage of black people as compared to the total population of black people live below the poverty line, than the white percentage of the white population that live below the poverty line, I am sure that the absolute number of white people living below the poverty line exceeds the total number of black people living below the poverty line
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I dont understand why people eat at mcdonalds when almost all neighborhoods have good local eateries which are comparably priced and much better food?

I have heard this before and then suddenly noticed that every mcdonalds ad features black people and I cant remember a mcdonalds ad that featured white people.

I am curious if anyone can explain to me the logic of this decision? Why specifically target 12.6% of the population only?

I mean i would kind of understand going after latinos because they are an increasing proportion of the population.

I do because we have kids, and you walk in, and 13 seconds later you have food. ANd this "comparably priced" isn't really true, you can get a little meal for the kids for $4 at McDonalds, Diners don't really do that, most take out doesn't do that really. Basically you pay more and it takes longer, which often is just fine considering it's much better and healthier alternative, but sometimes it's jsut easier to get fries and nuggets.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
A corporation who heavily markets their food towards African-Americans... and you're surprised they came out with chicken wings?

They've been marketing to African Americans for several years and haven't come out with chicken wings until now. Never expected them to veer off and try to compete with KFC. Fighting too many battles with all these menu items, and food quality will likely slip even further.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
that conflicts with stuff i have heard/read before. I am pretty sure in absolute terms there are more white people living under the poverty line than black people. even if a higher percentage of black people as compared to the total population of black people live below the poverty line, than the white percentage of the white population that live below the poverty line, I am sure that the absolute number of white people living below the poverty line exceeds the total number of black people living below the poverty line

No, you're right. It's 35% of blacks that live below the poverty line, which is about half the total amount of Whites (13%).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #37
Rondo
I rule the local playground

They already sell pizza. America gets fcuking everything. McDonald's here is just basic. I'm just back from the states and all I saw was a stupid commercial with a black couple jizzing over 20 nuggets for like 4 or 5 dollars. Here it's about that for 6!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
Trollsmasher
The Fam

I don't remember the last time I ordered something else than 5 Cheeseburgers and large fries in McDonald's, so this leaves me unimpressed.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: