Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Default Re: Help me out ISH family

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
The 'unsafe' parts of Chicago, are they hard to avoid for someone who's never been there?

Yes they are easy to avoid. It's called the south side. You'll have the easiest time getting around without a car in any major east coast city plus Chicago. The rest will be a pain in the ass.

A benefit of Chicago would be you could go to Wrigley or Blackhawks and catch a game in April, but the weather will likely be cold/windy/rainy the majority of the time so some of the other attractions won't be as nice like Navy Pier.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
I'll try to explain my point of view...

- First off you have a tourist coming to a place that he has not developed any " inner circles"...

- NYC is a place where there are tons of young tenders....but many of them have Foundations set in place .....thus breaking into that inner circle becomes a little harder....are there many fine young tenders in NYC that will open up to a Newb?...sure there are!

- But trust me....Miami is the place to be for someone who is Fresh outta the port and not wanting to put in work......Miami has a higher % of 7 - 10's who are looking to just get down .....and they have very few inner circles and very few foundations set in place ( if any at all)...

-If you hungry and trying to get that hook line and sinker....always play the %'s......Miami is like a trout farm....dey breeding them to snatch on to the bait.....

all I was saying..

You can get laid in NY unless you are some sort of sociopath and even maybe then. And why do you type like you have a heavy accent? Who types like that?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
NYC is probably the easiest place in America to be without a car. Lots of stuff you can do in New York for two weeks. And it gives you time, not to rush around like a maniac.

New York is great for Museums, food, people watching, live music. We also have a great Zoo, great botanical gardens which visitors usually don't have enough time to get too. So if you like that sort of stuff, come to New York. If you're the type of person who can spend a whole day in a museum, then two weeks will fly by.

However for me, two weeks is too long in one place if I'm not visiting friends.

Also if you come to New York, you don't get real sense of America.

You can also break it up by doing smaller trips, like say spend a few days in Washington DC, if that city interests you. DC is just a couple hours by Train from NYC.

Most other places you'd want to visit would involve another plane trip.

If I had to pick just two places to visit in America if I had never been there before it would be

NYC and then

either
San Francisco
New Orleans
Seattle
or Austin, Texas.

The things I look for when I vacation are culture/music/food and I feel real comfortable in dense urban places.

If you are a beach person, you pick another place.

April in NYC can be chilly to lovely. If you are there on a day like the 82 degree day we had in April, it's amazing, the streets are flooded with people on the first warm day in Spring. You go to a place like Central Park and is just buzzing with people.
Really appreciate your reply. I can identify with the things you say you look for in a vacation. I've been looking for options where I'd for instance fly from Amsterdam to New York, stay there for a week, and then go to like Boston, Philly and or Washington and fly back from there. Right now that's what I'm leaning towards, because I want to do and see as much as possible in my limited time there.

I would fly around more but this is during a school period at university so I can't stay away for weeks.

So if this plan stays and New York is a certain destination, which of the 3 cities (Philly, Washington and Boston) would you guys recommend?
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Do you have serious money? Because you need to in order to travel around NYC as a tourist by car. Parking will kill you. You don't need a car.

Alphawolf, exactly why would it be hard to meet women in NYC? There are literally every race, creed and color, liberal as ****, tons of young people and you can't find anyone? That makes no sense to me. You talk so much shit about places that you clearly have no clue about.
We prefer not travelling by car, but if it's the only way, then so be it.

To everyone; I won't be spending much of my time trying to get laid as I'm going on this trip with my mother, so unless I can sneak out for a quicky here and there, that's not going to work..
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Your mom can't come to the bullets game, guy. Not cool.
On a serious note, I was looking for potential games to go to, and the Bulls play the Wizards the 5th of april, in Washington. So chances are I'll be at that game, if I'm going there.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
gts
shhhhhhh

With 2 weeks of down time I'd think NY is the best place to home base out of.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You can get laid in NY unless you are some sort of sociopath and even maybe then. And why do you type like you have a heavy accent? Who types like that?

You missin my point homey....

I know you can hook up anywhere if yo spit game is tight.....I was breaking it down if he wanted to put in work....or not.

I type how I spoke.....Interwebs son.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man

The best PG in the game VS Derrick Rose
Riiiiiiiiiight
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
Really appreciate your reply. I can identify with the things you say you look for in a vacation. I've been looking for options where I'd for instance fly from Amsterdam to New York, stay there for a week, and then go to like Boston, Philly and or Washington and fly back from there. Right now that's what I'm leaning towards, because I want to do and see as much as possible in my limited time there.

I would fly around more but this is during a school period at university so I can't stay away for weeks.

So if this plan stays and New York is a certain destination, which of the 3 cities (Philly, Washington and Boston) would you guys recommend?

Cheapest way to do it is probably fly to new york, stay for a bit, then train it to another city for a few days, then train back and fly out of new york again. Philly Washington and Boston are all just a few hours by train.

There's even a highspeed line that goes from hits all those cities
http://www.amtrak.com/acela-express-train
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
mugiwara
High School Starter

IM going to america with my mother to visit family in april and plan to go to chicago & NYC as well.

mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #26
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Cheapest way to do it is probably fly to new york, stay for a bit, then train it to another city for a few days, then train back and fly out of new york again. Philly Washington and Boston are all just a few hours by train.

There's even a highspeed line that goes from hits all those cities
http://www.amtrak.com/acela-express-train
Yeah plans are beginning to take shape, pretty much what you described. Can't wait for my first visit to 'Murica!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugiwara
IM going to america with my mother to visit family in april and plan to go to chicago & NYC as well.

Awesome, you should come to Washington for the Bulls Wizards game, so me you and Macho Man can have a ISH meet up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: