Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #16
RRR3
L3gacy
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yes
Posts: 27,658
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

The dude77 is APOPLETIC
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #17
highwhey
Valley Boyz
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 21,558
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Coincidence that starface returns on the day news are released regarding impeachment proceedings?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #18
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,158
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
This is such a transparent Dem political ploy to avoid being exposed as a fake “party of the people.” The base is always willing to be fed a new dostraction.

It’s INSANE to me how narrow-minded and oblivious Dem voters are to their own low IQs, hypocrisies, and self-deceptions.

They dont want a better country for everyone. They want social validation, and above all, blood.

They want to open up all the evidence they can get their hands on... including his taxes. Trump should be fine because we know he never lies and always conducts business above board.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #19
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
They want to open up all the evidence they can get their hands on... including his taxes. Trump should be fine because we know he never lies and always conducts business above board.


Lol @ believing politicians in congress “want” anything for genuine reasons of national dignity and integrity blah blah for the betterment of society.

Theyre only concerned with themselves, their careers, and their donors. You can feel the same about Trump and thats fine. The difference is I dont want Trump or anyone in Washington to have lots of authority over my daily life. You on the other hand want any politician who can CONVINCE you theyre the good guy, to have authority running all our lives. But only in ways YOU agree with.

I say by all means, PLEASE IMPEACH. I dont WANT Dems to push bogus left wing legislation (neither do they). But you claim that you do. So it should be a bigger priority to you than “getting even” with right wing America. But it isnt.


Theyre suckering you BADLY and OBVIOUSLY... and you dont care. Youre not smart or brave enough to stand up and call bullshit on them.

You want theater and circus, not meaningful government.
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #20
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,158
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
Lol @ believing politicians in congress “want” anything for genuine reasons of national dignity and integrity blah blah for the betterment of society.

Is that why Nixon was almost impeached?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #21
Facepalm
Decent college freshman
 
Facepalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,535
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Trump remains defiant and just claimed he's leading in the polls


Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #22
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Is that why Nixon was almost impeached?


You dont think Nixon’s political enemies pursued his impeachment solely for political reasons??? His guilt is immaterial. MOST politicians in Washington are dirty. Theyre not going after other dirty politicians “on principle.”


Remember NY attorney general Eric Schneidermann (D) pursuing lawsuits against Trump for sexual harassment etc... then being exposed as a woman abuser and forced to resign?? Whoops!

It’s all politics. If Dems wanna impeach, hey, great. Keeps them out of our business. That is consistent with my general line of political thinking. It isnt consistent with yours. Thats all Im saying.

But again, have at it.
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,158
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
You dont think Nixon’s political enemies pursued his impeachment solely for political reasons??? His guilt is immaterial. MOST politicians in Washington are dirty. Theyre not going after other dirty politicians “on principle.”

So they did the right thing for the wrong reason...

Quote:
It’s all politics. If Dems wanna impeach, hey, great. Keeps them out of our business. That is consistent with my general line of political thinking. It isnt consistent with yours. Thats all Im saying.

So if it wasn't about politics, they'd let these matters go because what... there's nothing there? I guess that would then unleash future Democratic Presidents to do the same things that Trump has done and expect Republicans to keep quiet because there's nothing wrong with these actions... and any and all opposition is nothing but politics.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #24
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
So they did the right thing for the wrong reason...



So if it wasn't about politics, they'd let these matters go because what... there's nothing there? I guess that would then unleash future Democratic Presidents to do the same things that Trump has done and expect Republicans to keep quiet because there's nothing wrong with these actions... and any and all opposition is nothing but politics.


Youre the one who votes for Dems, so it’s your call. Im not saying there’s “nothing there.” I have no idea bc I dont care to follow the sensational scandals of politics. Id rather discuss ideas than people.

I said the birther thing was a waste of peoples time too. Especially halfway into a guy’s second term. And yes I know Trump was agitating about it on twitter. I dont agree with it just like I disagreed with him wasting time agitating athletes on twitter about kneeling or standing. I simply dont care about that shit. It’s not important. And it’s all done for political theater.

If you wanna impeach over something largely irrelevant, presuming thats what this “something” is, go for it. Im not caught up in the partisan shit. You guys can speculate and post the latest news updates and all that gossipy shit. Im not into it on either side. You can check the post history.

But the REASON people dont get what they want poltically is exactly BECAUSE theyre so prone to picking one of two narratives the mainstream offers them, instead of saying “hey, theres actually better solutions than what EITHER the DNC or GOP are presenting.”

You wanna get suckered into the big facade and have impeachment dominate the headlines for months, instead of meaningful issues... Oy vei. What a shitfest. But meh, what can I do?
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:19 PM   #25
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,158
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
Youre the one who votes for Dems, so it’s your call. Im not saying there’s “nothing there.” I have no idea bc I dont care to follow the sensational scandals of politics. Id rather discuss ideas than people.

Cool, so you don't care if people do corrupt things when in power. You're above caring about or paying attention to such things. The "ideas" and ideals that you value will never be affected by those corrupt individuals anyway.

Quote:
If you wanna impeach over something largely irrelevant, presuming thats what this “something” is, go for it. Im not caught up in the partisan shit. You guys can speculate and post the latest news updates and all that gossipy shit. Im not into it on either side. You can check the post history.

An impeachment inquiry was opened because it seems he used his position as President of the United States to pressure a foreign country to open an investigation into a political rival likely in order to help his campaign and hurt that political rival. Which part of that seems "irrelevant?"

Quote:
You wanna get suckered into the big facade and have impeachment dominate the headlines for months, instead of meaningful issues... Oy vei. What a shitfest. But meh, what can I do?

Right, because again, we shouldn't care about corruption in government. We should let these guys do whatever they want to do while in power and focus on "ideas" because holding those politicians accountable for any corrupt acts is a meaningless issue. I understand.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #26
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Cool, so you don't care if people do corrupt things when in power. You're above caring about or paying attention to such things. The "ideas" and ideals that you value will never be affected by those corrupt individuals anyway.

Predictable response, but it’s all about priorities. I dont think every person should get a ticket every time theyre 5 mph over the limit. It isnt practical. It’s not a practical use of the court systems time and budget. Even tho people are technically breaking the law.

An impeachment inquiry was opened because it seems he used his position as President of the United States to pressure a foreign country to open an investigation into a political rival likely in order to help his campaign and hurt that political rival. Which part of that seems "irrelevant?"

All of it. Politicians hire people to dig up dirt on rivals all the time. It’s going to happen regardless. Is it vital we “protect this industry in America” and make sure only domestic investigations are allowed. If Biden is dirty, he’s dirty... right? Youd want to know if he was... right?


Right, because again, we shouldn't care about corruption in government. We should let these guys do whatever they want to do while in power and focus on "ideas" because holding those politicians accountable for any corrupt acts is a meaningless issue. I understand.

Question: Did you support the impeachment of Clinton who lied under oath to the public about his affairs?


..
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #27
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,158
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
Predictable response, but it’s all about priorities. I dont think every person should get a ticket every time theyre 5 mph over the limit. It isnt practical. It’s not a practical use of the court systems time and budget. Even tho people are technically breaking the law.

So it's just "technically breaking the law" to use one's position as President of the United States to pressure foreign governments to investigate your political rivals for political gain. How do we determine which "technical bit of corruption" to acknowledge and investigate? I guess we could compile names, put them in a hat and pull names every several years... but then people have to congregate, the courts would have to oversee, we'd need to spend money on the hat and the paper for the names. Not practical at all.

Quote:
All of it. Politicians hire people to dig up dirt on rivals all the time. It’s going to happen regardless. Is it vital we “protect this industry in America” and make sure only domestic investigations are allowed. If Biden is dirty, he’s dirty... right? Youd want to know if he was... right?

If Biden is dirty, we should certainly know. But what is the point of having laws and proper processes for going about these investigations and prosecuting someone like Biden if we leave it to the President in power to co-opt the process for personal political gain? And when Trump is out of power, what's to stop a future President from exacting revenge and circumventing laws and statutes to go after him without proper accountability and oversight?

Quote:
Question: Did you support the impeachment of Clinton who lied under oath to the public about his affairs?

I did. I didn't support conviction in the Senate, but I supported impeachment in the House.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #28
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
So it's just "technically breaking the law" to use one's position as President of the United States to pressure foreign governments to investigate your political rivals for political gain. How do we determine which "technical bit of corruption" to acknowledge and investigate? I guess we could compile names, put them in a hat and pull names every several years... but then people have to congregate, the courts would have to oversee, we'd need to spend money on the hat and the paper for the names. Not practical at all.



If Biden is dirty, we should certainly know. But what is the point of having laws and proper processes for going about these investigations and prosecuting someone like Biden if we leave it to the President in power to co-opt the process for personal political gain? And when Trump is out of power, what's to stop a future President from exacting revenge and circumventing laws and statutes to go after him without proper accountability and oversight?



I did. I didn't support conviction in the Senate, but I supported impeachment in the House.


How did Trump use his position to pressure them? Trump is a wealthy guy who’s had international connections all his life. If he wants to ask international friends to dig dirt on Biden then he’s free to use his own resources to do it as far as I care.

Did he actually offer any political favors in exchange? I legit have not followed this closely. If he did I would 100% disapprove. I havent heard anything about the political side of the specifics.

This to me is like Clinton’s perjury and Obama’s birth certificate. Technicalities which, in an ideal world, would be investigated thoroughly and adjudicated reasonably; but not priority issues for national prosecution in practical America.

But, we can agree to disagree.
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #29
RealSkipBayless
Averaging 1.4 ppg
 
RealSkipBayless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Undisputed set
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
my same thoughts .. they're burying themselves .. they're only firing up his base and voters who see through this bs .. california going red though is crazy .. too many retarded liberals in that state
Lived in Southern California my entire life. Can confirm there are misguided and psychotic leftists everywhere that make rrr3 seem rational.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #30
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,821
Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Trump is reportedly (if true) trying to make deals with Pelosi, reportedly giving her information related to the calls which means one thing.....

He's hiding something much bigger.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy