Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #46
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball News, Notes, and Tidbits *Statman32 style*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
What do you suggest I do with T-Mac Stat?
If you could get anyone of value back from him, I would do it now. T-Mac is a late round pick with little upside that is probably destroyed by the fact he is injury prone and is still coming back from a serious surgery (microfracture)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #47
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I wouldnt have dropped Lee for Gallinari. Lee has immense potential this year to be a very versatile fantasy player.

Gallinari starts tonight... and scores 30... hitting 8 3's...
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #48
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Gallinari starts tonight... and scores 30... hitting 8 3's...

Way to prove me wrong. Just seems like Gallinari is on a super hot streak but he is a must have pick-up in any league so you did the right thing. Plus losing Lee doesnt hurt much even if Gallinari fails because there are plenty of viable fa options in a 10 man league.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #49
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Keep a eye on the Bucks game to see how much Jennings is used. Has the potential to be a automatic pick-up if he starts and plays more than 30 min. Although you should be prepared for a fg%/to hit.
Automatic pick-up like I said before

20.5/5.5/6 with 1.5 steals/2.5 threes/51.6fg%/4 to/66.7ft%

#46 ranked player after 2 games.

Quote:
Danilo Gallinari has a great first game with 7 threes and D'Antoni has been raving about him all year. If he gets minutes this game, look to grab him unless he was already scooped. (Which is likely)

#9 ranked player after 3 games

22.7/4.7/0.7 blk/0.7 stls/1.3 to/46.8fg%/75ft%/6 threes

Quote:
Also keep a eye on Tyson Chandler as he looked brutal last game and could be a huge fantasy bust if he keeps it up.

Had 2 very average games without any blocks. Look to sell him if you can. I dont see the difference between him and a guy like Haywood

Quote:
Mike Miller missed time last game due to foul trouble but he played pretty good in limited minutes. Could be back to his old self soon minus a few points.

#45 ranked player after 3 games

7.3/9.7/3.3/2 stl/1.3 threes/1.3 to/53.3 fg%

Minutes have went up the last 2 games because of no foul trouble and he is putting up sick stats across the baord minus points which should go up to about 13 imo.

Quote:
Also keep a eye on Haywoods minutes as he played a team high 38 min last game and with Mcgee playing less than 1 min, could be even more of a sleeper than he already is.

#136 ranked player this week through 3 games

Has gotten plenty of minutes minus last game but it was a blow out.

12/8.7/1 blk/0.7 to

If you need a good #2 or #3 center for cheap he is your man.

Quote:
Expect Andray Blatche to have another good game and if he is currently on the WW, PICK HIM UP.

Like I have said before, the man is a beast.

#20 ranked player this week (3 games)

21/6.3/0.7 stl/1.3 blk/0.7 to/71.8fg%/77.8ft%

Career high 30 pts in only 27 min last night. Who cares that he isnt starting. He is producing in plenty of minutes

Quote:
Jamal Crawford somehow picked up 4 fouls in 10 minutes last game and Jeff Teague was actually the first guard off the bench. Just something to look at.
Crawford got 26 min last game putting up 16 pts while Teague played 8 min. While I wouldnt expect much from Crawford his owners shouldnt be too worried. Still a good guy to have on the end of your bench for pts/threes/steals/ft%

Quote:
Beasley had a great start and his value will continue to rise if he plays good again.
Decent second game with 12/9/2 steals but he is better than that. Keep him and watch him grow as long as he stays out of foul trouble at the PF spot.

Quote:
JO is another guy who had a great first game but the injury risk is too much for me to buy him at the price it will take.

#41 ranked player this week(2 games)

22/12/2.5/68fg%/only 0.5 blks

Might be a good time to sell high if you can get something nice. Still dont trust him to stay injury free but I can see him being pretty good while healthy.

Quote:
Brandon Rush struggled in his 1st game and another bad game could lead to some drops and if so, would be a great buy low candidate.

Struggled again in his 2nd game and has gotten minimal minutes in his 1st 2 games. Dont drop yet and if he is on the WW pick him up. He will improve.

Quote:
Hawes once again came off the bench which severely limits his value but I dont see this lasting long especially if he has a good game.

Put up 22/10 last night although that was without any threes/blocks. Still I think he will get that starting spot soon and his value will be back to normal.

Quote:
Keep a eye out on Tyreke Evans, Julian Wright and Peja. Wright and Peja are both on a lot of WW right now but if 1 of them starts to play a lot more than the other, they need to be picked up.

Evans had a great 2nd game putting up 22/3/3 with 2 steals/1 three but struggled in Saturdays game. While he will be consistant he is worth a add. Just not as high on him as I am on Jennings.

Wright/Peja are still splitting minutes which ruins both of there value. Keep a eye on there situation. If it changes, pick up whoever is starting to get more minutes than the other.

Quote:
Andres Noconi is another guy to watch as he had a uneventful 1st game but should be a great fantasy contributer with Garcia out.

Eh. I have given up on him in any league 14 teams or under.. Just doesnt look like a good fit for the Kings youth movement even with a good 2nd game of 16 pts/3 threes. If things change, and he starts, he will be worth a add. Still dont understand why Desmond Mason is starting.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #50
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

If you are streaming and have limited moves, look for players on the Knicks, Celtics, Nuggets, Grizzles, Nets, Jazz as they all have 4 games before Sunday.

List of potential streamers:

Larry Hughes, Eddie House, Ty Lawson, CDR, Alston

Larry Hughes, PG/SG, Knicks:

Larry Hughes is coming off a huge 1st game in which he had 18 pts/6 reb/5 ast/4 stls/1 three/63.6fg%/100ft% and 4 to in 39 min. Had a horrible pre-season but could have been due to his conditioning or off-season rust. When he came in the Knicks made a run for it and word out of NY is Hughes might soon be starting or at least playing big minutes. Nate Robinson also left Saturdays game with a sprained ankle and could miss some games. Pick him up and if he sucks, drop him Saturday Night for a Sunday streamer. He is my #1 recommended new guy pick up this week.

Eddie House is a guy who will give you cheap threes and not much else besides the occasional decent pt game and 0.8 steals.

Ty Lawson is a good source of steals this week

Chris Douglas Roberts, SG/SF, Nets:

Had a career high 25 pts on Saturday although they were without Devin Harris who will probably miss the entire 2nd week. Wont do much besides score and give your ft% a big boost but is worth a add with 4 games through Saturday and Harris out.

Rafer Alston, PG, Nets:

As I said before Harris is most likely out this week and Alston will do a great job replacing him for 4 games. Put up 20/8/2/1 stl/3 threes/8-11 fg in replace of him on Saturday. I would def pick him up if you need the pts/ast/stl/threes help this week.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #51
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
14-15 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.3 blocks on 55% FG and 75% FT. Low turnovers too. He's a great fantasy player, but health issues are always a concern
I actually would expect more like 11-12 pts/8 rebounds/1.5 stl/1.3 blks/55fg%/75ft% with injury concerns. 14-15 ppg seems just a tad too high.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

what is streaming?

and how do I know how many moves I am limited to?

I have already made 13 moves this week...what does that mean?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #53
tian820
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
what is streaming?

and how do I know how many moves I am limited to?

I have already made 13 moves this week...what does that mean?

It means your league is dumb for not having a moves cap. Streaming is picking up and dropping players to maximize games every week
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
It means your league is dumb for not having a moves cap. Streaming is picking up and dropping players to maximize games every week
awesome...

gettin my f*ckin stream on...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #55
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

seeking updates on michael redd (pulled for "precautionary reasons" when he reported soreness in his knee) and nate robinson (sprained ankle, ran to locker room, left arena on crutches). Is Charlie Villanueva going to suck all year?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #56
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Nate Robinson could miss up to two weeks due to an ankle sprain he suffered during Saturday's game.
Lil' Him left the arena on crutches today, and is expected to have his ankle X-rayed today or tomorrow. With Robinson out, Larry Hughes and Toney Douglas will split time as backup guards.
There's your nate rob update.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #57
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

What do yall think of Ryan Gomes? Is he worth picking up? He had a couple crappy games then went off today against the Suns. Is it just a one off or do you see him breaking out?
NYCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 AM   #58
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

Also what happened to Barbosa tonight? He only played 13 mins. I know J rich is back but those numbers are low. Do you think dropping him in favor of Hughes or Alston would be beneficial?
NYCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #59
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCPG
Also what happened to Barbosa tonight? He only played 13 mins. I know J rich is back but those numbers are low. Do you think dropping him in favor of Hughes or Alston would be beneficial?
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...-injures-wrist

Quote:
Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa re-injured his right wrist during the Suns win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. He initially hurt the wrist while leading his Brazilian National Team to a gold medal in the FIBA Americas Championship tournament this summer.

After the game Leandro said this about the injury, "It's bad man. They told me I have a cyst on the wrist so it's been tough for me to catch the ball and I got hit in the game so I don't know what's going to happen."

The speedy Brazilian guard only had 6 points in 14 minutes of play in Sunday's game. He was visibly pained by the swollen right wrist.

This is troubling. I would hold up on dropping him and maybe try to trade him for someone of value. How big is your league?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 AM   #60
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCPG
What do yall think of Ryan Gomes? Is he worth picking up? He had a couple crappy games then went off today against the Suns. Is it just a one off or do you see him breaking out?
Well it was against the Suns so dont expect to see that line again but he is a viable fantasy option. Depending on league size I would grab him at least until Love gets back.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: