Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default We got Steve Francis!

Quote:
Steve Francis will wind up with the Grizzlies, after all. Not the Vancouver Grizzlies -- the Memphis Grizzlies.

The Houston Rockets announced Wednesday they've dealt the injured former superstar to Memphis along with a 2009 second-round pick and cash. The Rockets get a conditional 2011 second-round pick.

The second-round pick going to Memphis was originally acquired from the Grizzlies in a 2008 draft night deal. Francis has not played for the Rockets this season after having surgery on a torn quadriceps tendon back in February. You may recall how Francis balked at playing for the Vancouver Grizzlies after he was selected with the No. 2 overall pick in 1999. His rights were traded to Houston in a three-team, 11-player deal.
http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/...38893/12496490
If he can still score, then it's not a bad move. We need a scorer off the bench. It's just funny that we're signing and trading for all of these injured players. First Miles and now Stevie Franchise. Hopefully they can both contribute.

Last edited by Mississippi : 12-24-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default Re: We got Steve Francis!

I just thought of something. Francis is a nice addition, but why didn't we get Luther Head instead. Guess we just wanted Francis's expiring contract.

Last edited by Mississippi : 12-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I said in the main forum, that he probably won't see much playing time, if any at all. We're loaded at the guard spots and adding Francis is not going to help anything. I think Memphis just doing this for the second round pick and cash.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
lilojmayo
TP23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I said in the main forum, that he probably won't see much playing time, if any at all. We're loaded at the guard spots and adding Francis is not going to help anything. I think Memphis just doing this for the second round pick and cash.

yeah loaded with garbage

besides mayo

conley lowry quinton ross buckner all epic fails

i would love to c francis in the starting lineup and get some big time minutes we obviously arent going nowhere this year at least lets c some progress.

teams what be able to play a box and 1 zone when mayo has the ball or double rudy anytime rudy touches the ball if we have a threat to score at teh pg position

and this could also develop mayo PG game with Francis playing some 2

PLAY FRANICS
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #5
CLB1973
Saw a basketball once

Get ready to be disappointed.
CLB1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
yeah loaded with garbage

besides mayo

i would love to c francis in the starting lineup and get some big time minutes we obviously arent going nowhere this year at least lets c some progress.

teams what be able to play a box and 1 zone when mayo has the ball or double rudy anytime rudy touches the ball if we have a threat to score at teh pg position

PLAY FRANICS

If he can still contribute, I have no problem with him getting some burn, but with his knees it's highly unlikely that he can still deliver at a high level to beat out Conley and Lowry for playing time.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #7
derf
Learning to shoot layups

steve=garbage conley=d-league lowry=backup we need a pg bad
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB1973
Get ready to be disappointed.

couldnt have said it any better.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
yeah loaded with garbage

besides mayo

PLAY FRANICS
Conley has been playing better coming off the bench. Lowry has been better being the starter. Ross provides solid defense down the stretch and isn't a player that needs the ball to contribute. Buckner is the same Ross, just a bit older.

Obviously nothing great, but still not garbage and Francis will be lucky to see any minutes at all.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #10
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Hey guys, say hello to the newest Memphis Grizz fan! Trust me folks, Stevie Franchise still got game left. Coming off major surgery and with Brooks playing so well, Francis just got lost in the rotation. He's been cleared to practice for about a month and a half now. He just needs to some to get into basketball shape. Artest said a couple weeks ago, "I saw him in practice and man, the old Stevie Franchise is back. It'll be hard for him to get out there with our guards playing so well."

As for playing time, he will get some. Rockets made sure that they made this trade for a team that would play Steve. After being traded, Steve mentioned that he was going to Memphis to "get buckets". The man is trying to ressurect his career and the best chance for him to do that is to play in Memphis. One more chance for Steve to show people that he still has some game left in the tank. He is a gamer, you put him in the game and he'll go all out. Espeically if he has something to prove.

I like this team. Three guys that either were or could have been Rockets (Arthur,Francis,Gay), Miles who is another player trying to ressurect his career, young stud OJ and international giants, Gasol and Hamed. Now all I need to do is find ways to watch their games.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

I mean it is a win, win situation. We dont lose anything by trading for him. Hes avetran guard that can shoot better then anyother pointguard o the team and he an expiring contract. He should get playing time behind mayo at the shooting guard spot.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

I'm pretty sure he will get a buyout or he will be traded again. He will not see any playing time.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: