Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Atomic bomb is about to drop in 1 hour what would you do

Lets see how smart you are ISH

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Atomic bomb is about to drop in 1 hour what would you do

fart the alphabet.

Go as deep underground as possible preferably not near anything that would turn to rubble and cut off your exit/bury you alive. Sewer systems or something, w/e is near by. Dig my own hole if I have too. Try and reach family/friends to do the same.

Might allow you to survive the initial explosion, no guarantee's about radiation protection of course but I'd worry about that AFTER the bomb went off, first priority is survive the blast.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 03-24-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Definitely get a fap or two in before it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Go underground. Sewer systems or something, w/e is near by. Try and reach family/friends to do the same.
    Why would you want to reach family and friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Definitely get a fap or two in before it drops.
    Potentially the ultimate blue balls

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Why would you want to reach family and friends?
    To attempt to give them a heads up on my 2 cents of how to survive the blast, while simultaneously getting feedback from them, perhaps they've got a better idea how to survive... why not reach out to them?

Plus if you or they die at least you got to talk to them one last time. I see no reason why not to get in touch with friends/family if you've got a whole freaking hour to spare before a bomb drops in your area.

Btw, how close are we to ground zero in this hypothetical, is ground zero our home or the city square of our town/city or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Absorb atomic levels of radiation and become Atomic Bot.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    To attempt to give them a heads up on my 2 cents of how to survive the blast, while simultaneously getting feedback from them, perhaps they've got a better idea how to survive... why not reach out to them?

Plus if you or they die at least you got to talk to them one last time. I see no reason why not to get in touch with friends/family if you've got a whole freaking hour to spare before a bomb drops in your area.

Btw, how close are we to ground zero in this hypothetical, is ground zero our home or the city square of our town/city or something?
    Your in the blast radius. There is no way to get outside it. 1 hour and your whole city is in chaos scrambling. What do you DO?

Find the nearest dirt bike around, go to my father-in-laws garage, take his gasoline, bungie it on the bike, get my daughter, have her ride with me somehow and get as far away as possible. Could probably get about 60 miles away a least. The blast radius is a low smaller. Hell, you can ride a regular bicycle out of the blast radius.

If you're stuck and can't get out of the blast radius, find the stronger shelter underground you can get to.

In the 60s it was standard to have A-bomb drills in classrooms and people were building bomb shelters. Crazy era...

Last ditch effort, bomb is dropping and exploding. Go to the nearest basement, clear out a fridge, throw my daughter inside it, hope we live.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Your in the blast radius. There is no way to get outside it. 1 hour and your whole city is in chaos scrambling. What do you DO?
    I beg to differ though...

Say traffic is jammed, okay plausible.

But I'm in great ****ing shape, resting heart rate is 49. In my state especially striken with fear I can run what feels like indefinitely, and in an hour I'll have put many MILES behind me easy and will have run for hills away from ground zero so as to shield me from the blast radius. Hell, I've got a mountain bike and a camelback and can survive on my own fairly easily.

That's just looking after my own skin though.

In a vacuum scenario void of the friends/family variable, and assuming I "know" when and where the bomb will drop I honestly feel I would do fine. Reality is there's a friends and family variable though, my family in particular. My friends are mostly my age, they can run all day too I'd say run the opposite direction of ground zero and they'd run and I'd not worry about them so much. My parents are old and can't do that. I'd be tempted to try and help them and not just selfishly save myself. I could run for their place and try and help them out or run/leavie them knowing they wouldn't escape on their own which would be a tough thing to deal with if I survived after willingly running without attempting to help them.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 03-24-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Say goodbye to Ish.

Probably try to figure out wind direction and then drive as fast as possible in the opposite direction for the next hour.

Other than that just say my goodbyes and get together with friends for a few drinks before the bomb falls.