Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Kobe stans can no longer hate on the Lebron parade for him being on a stacked team. The Lakers are easily the most stacked team in recent memory. In comparison, if this was the late 90s, they would have the best SG (Jordan), the best center (The Dream), and 2nd best PG (Stockton) on their team.

If Kobe can't win it all this year, I don't see how he can even be in the top 10. I know the argument will be "Oh he's got 5 rings." That is just a generic argument. Robert Horry has 8 rings and that does not reflect the SUBSTANCE of his real contributions on the court. Karl Malone is one of the greatest players I have ever seen but he has absolutely no rings.

Just real talk.

Kobe just aint got it if he can't pull this one off.

Banned

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

lol wtf...

when was the last time a guy in his 17th season won finals mvp

its never happend

kobe will be the first. so if he doesnt do it... its not like its a huge failure

lebron lost with 2 other hall of famers in their prime ( and himself in his prime ) to dallas with just basically dirk playing anywhere near his prime. and the only other HOF'r ( kidd ) not near an allstar level

plus... the heat are almost just as stacked as LA.

so itel be kobe/nash/howard/artest/jamison vs lebron/wade/bosh/lewis/allen

i say the lakers are better. but its not like the lakers have as big an advantage as the heat had over dallas in 2011 AND STILL LOST

so by the OP's logit. theres no way lebron should ever be top 10

College superstar

Kobe's already a top 10 player of all-time and he's already proven that he doesn't need this stacked of a team to win.

The only one who's legacy can really be hurt by this scenario is Dwight. For Kobe, it's just icing on an already great cake.

They have a very good team, but let's not act like Kobe, Nash, Gasol, and Artest are all in their primes. If they were, you would have jumped off the Heat bandwagon and hopped on the LA's. There's your tell-tale sign that they are not the heavy favorites to win it all.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Kobe's legacy is set already as a top 7-10 player of all-time.

Anything he does now is just gravy to his resume.

Made that high school varsity squad

Why does it matter? Even if he does win, none of the haters (including you OP) will give him any credit anyway. He's top 10 already and will be regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Kobe stans can no longer hate on the Lebron parade for him being on a stacked team. The Lakers are easily the most stacked team in recent memory. In comparison, if this was the late 90s, they would have the best SG (Jordan), the best center (The Dream), and 2nd best PG (Stockton) on their team.

If Kobe can't win it all this year, I don't see how he can even be in the top 10. I know the argument will be "Oh he's got 5 rings." That is just a generic argument. Robert Horry has 8 rings and that does not reflect the SUBSTANCE of his real contributions on the court. Karl Malone is one of the greatest players I have ever seen but he has absolutely no rings.

Just real talk.

Kobe just aint got it if he can't pull this one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Kobe's already a top 10 player of all-time and he's already proven that he doesn't need this stacked of a team to win.

The only one who's legacy can really be hurt by this scenario is Dwight. For Kobe, it's just icing on an already great cake.
    I disagree. This is Kobe's team. He has made that clear.

Let's get away from all the rubbish talk with materialistic accolades like rings and stats.

Real talk.

Kobe just aint that great if he can't take this team to the championship. Period. He is not playing injured; he is still in his older prime; he's got them legs.

The big cloud on Kobe's head is whether or not he is a true leader. Remember more than half of those rings belong to Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol wtf...

when was the last time a guy in his 17th season won finals mvp

its never happend

kobe will be the first. so if he doesnt do it... its not like its a huge failure

lebron lost with 2 other hall of famers in their prime ( and himself in his prime ) to dallas with just basically dirk playing anywhere near his prime. and the only other HOF'r ( kidd ) not near an allstar level

plus... the heat are almost just as stacked as LA.

so itel be kobe/nash/howard/artest/jamison vs lebron/wade/bosh/lewis/allen

i say the lakers are better. but its not like the lakers have as big an advantage as the heat had over dallas in 2011 AND STILL LOST

so by the OP's logit. theres no way lebron should ever be top 10

No dumbsh*t.

Lebron has a ring. The question is will Kobe get one with this stacked of a team.

Dude it's just sad if he doesn't get one. You can take Iverson out of retirement and have him chuck up balls in the corner and still win a ring with this team.

Banned

No dumbsh*t.

Lebron has a ring. The question is will Kobe get one with this stacked of a team.

Dude it's just sad if he doesn't get one. You can take Iverson out of retirement and have him chuck up balls in the corner and still win a ring with this team.
    kobe has rings too... with allot less help

lol

you're quote was "if you lose"

lebron lost with even more of an advantage in 2011

you lose

If Kobe Win It All in 2013 Then He Should Be The GOAT..

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Something is seriously wrong on this site.

The Lakers aren't even the most talented team in the league lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    They have a very good team, but let's not act like Kobe, Nash, Gasol, and Artest are all in their primes. If they were, you would have jumped off the Heat bandwagon and hopped on the LA's. There's your tell-tale sign that they are not the heavy favorites to win it all.
    A point that doesn't get brought much at all, how can u take someone seriously as a heat "fan" when most heat "fans" join dates are suspiciously the same month and year as the decision. I remember some poster telling some elaborate story where he just so happened to join on Jul 2010 because of NBA live or something,

Lebronyte Kryptonite

I disagree. This is Kobe's team. He has made that clear.

Let's get away from all the rubbish talk with materialistic accolades like rings and stats.

Real talk.

Kobe just aint that great if he can't take this team to the championship. Period. He is not playing injured; he is still in his older prime; he's got them legs.

The big cloud on Kobe's head is whether or not he is a true leader. Remember more than half of those rings belong to Shaq.
    AND......real talk......."true leader" or not, remember more than half of Lebron's ring belongs to BOTH Wade/Bosh

I usually hit open layups Coffee Black's Avatar

Come on dude. Legacy is built on what has been achieved, not what has not been achieved.