Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Christian Eyenga; look into his eyes and tell me what you see

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    A Cavs insider who posts on a Cavs board.

And I just learned that team was Toronto (same source). Damn, I was hoping it would be the Spurs.

Well, maybe we could trade Eyenga for Bosh ?
    Yeah a Cavs insider on a Cavs board told me yesterday that we are trading Shaq for Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Yeah a Cavs insider on a Cavs board told me yesterday that we are trading Shaq for Dwight Howard
    I wouldn't say anything if I wasn't 100% sure he was legit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4350963

Dude signed 3 year extension with his spanish team.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=23325

That's the insider on the Cavs board, his track record is pretty much teflon status. Also, he said who the team was, it was the Raptors that were going to take him and were upset when the Cavs picked him.

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside. He's probably the most athletic player in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

That's the insider on the Cavs board, his track record is pretty much teflon status. Also, he said who the team was, it was the Raptors that were going to take him and were upset when the Cavs picked him.

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside.
    this is not something that can be proven right or wrong. its speculation. i dont care if someone on the boards mom said it, its speculation.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    this is not something that can be proven right or wrong. its speculation. i dont care if someone on the boards mom said it, its speculation.
    If it comes from him it's not speculation, there are 2 people on that board with verified ties to the team, he's one of them and a poster named "Maximus" is the other.

Cleveland Cavaliers first-round draft pick Christian Eyenga will be playing in Spain next season, but he has negotiated terms into his new contract with DKV Joventut that will give him plenty of flexibility to come to the NBA in the future.

Eyenga signed a three-year contract, but it includes out clauses after every season, and if things go well he could sign with the Cavs next summer and then join the team. Or wait two years if that is decided as the best course of action.

Eyenga's New Jersey-based agent, Andy Miller, said today that after talking things over with the Cavs and Eyenga, the best decision was to let him play at least one more season in Europe before considering the jump to the NBA.

"This has nothing to do with money, it was not a shakedown of any sort," Miller said. "This has everything to do with allowing Christian to gain confidence as a pro and develop as a player."

Miller declined to talk specifics, but a league source said that the deal with Joventut does not have a substantial buyout clause like many European contracts. Also, Miller said the plan was for Eyenga, 20, to play with Joventut's main Euroleague team after he spent most of the last two seasons with their junior team.

"Christian had never been to the U.S. before (he was drafted); this would have been like a high school player going right to the NBA," Miller said. "We saw going back for one more year as a great opportunity to develop."
    Source : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....eyengas_s.html

I don't know if it's good or bad news. If the guy really has great potential, shouldn't his team try to give him a ridiculously high buyout clause ?

If it comes from him it's not speculation, there are 2 people on that board with verified ties to the team, he's one of them and a poster named "Maximus" is the other.
    Say what you want, it sounds like propoganda from a team about a pick they could have made later. it could be legit, but his "source" might be bull****tnig him, etc. news that can't be verified from sources i am always skeptical of. i

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Source : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....eyengas_s.html

I don't know if it's good or bad news. If the guy really has great potential, shouldn't his team try to give him a ridiculously high buyout clause ?
    i dont think you can tell if its good or bad really from what they say.

i dont think you can tell if its good or bad really from what they say.
    I don't know. That's a pretty sh!tty contract for that European team. The guy can just opt out and go to the NBA, and they'd get next to nothing in return. That obviously means they're not as high on him as the Cavs coaching staff is. And they know him better than we do ...

Looks like a poor man's Gerald Green when the Celtics drafted him..could jump outta the building,pretty nice jump shot..but his game didnt convert to the NBA as people expected.

Cuba

Say what you want, it sounds like propoganda from a team about a pick they could have made later. it could be legit, but his "source" might be bull****tnig him, etc. news that can't be verified from sources i am always skeptical of. i

He doesn't work for the Cavs, he used to be a coach of some sort for them and still has a lot of ties to them and speaks with Ferry, Brown etc. Again, the guy has a almost flawless track record in regards to the Cavs and dropping inside info. Even the Cavs beatwriter Brian Windhorst said in a chat "if Wine and Gold says it, it must be true"

He doesn't work for the Cavs, he used to be a coach of some sort for them
    Used to ?

I think he said he worked a lot with Hickson.

Banned

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside. He's probably the most athletic player in the draft.
    Explain to me how the Raptors were supposed to take him with no picks after the Cavs. If they wanted him so badly they would have put up a trade offer.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Looks like a poor man's Gerald Green when the Celtics drafted him..could jump outta the building,pretty nice jump shot..but his game didnt convert to the NBA as people expected.
    pretty much, but at least Eyenga still has some time to improve his game and develop