Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Drew Gooden

I dont know how much longer i can take watching him be in a cavs uniform. I just hate having him on the team and knowing will havehim for a while unless a trade were to occur upsets me. Does anyone else feel this way?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
I dont know how much longer i can take watching him be in a cavs uniform. I just hate having him on the team and knowing will havehim for a while unless a trade were to occur upsets me. Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel that way about a lot of the Cavs. I would trade any of them except Shannon Brown, Lebron, Daniel Gibson, and Z, and I would trade Mike Brown first if it were possible to trade your coach (it hasn't been done yet, but is it possible? I'm so ready for us to be the first).

I'm ready for us to just go into rebuilding. Unfortunately, I think that if we did, we'd risk losing Lebron.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

i know the best way of helping the team. A.I is on the board. how about hughes and gooden for a.i
a.i+lebron= dynasty! u wouldnt need a pf no more with them 2 together
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
i know the best way of helping the team. A.I is on the board. how about hughes and gooden for a.i
a.i+lebron= dynasty! u wouldnt need a pf no more with them 2 together

Will never happen.

A. The Sixers _have_ to trade Iverson, so they're not going to get that much for him.

B. They want young talent, draft choices, and expiring contracts. They're not going to trade for a guy who just signed a new contract AND a guy who is getting older and could be winding down his career (Hughes). I know Hughes is only like 28 or so, but he's played 8 seasons and has only been healthy for all 82 games one time.

The Cavs may have something depending on the lengths of the contracts of guys like Damon Jones, or Eric Snow, and assuming Ferry is willing to sweeten it with some draft choices, but that's about the only way, unless the Sixers are deluded into thinking Drew is going to turn his career around.

I'm not sure we WANT Iverson here. Him and Lebron may come to blows over who handles the ball more, or in what situations.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 12-09-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Will never happen.

A. The Sixers _have_ to trade Iverson, so they're not going to get that much for him.

B. They want young talent, draft choices, and expiring contracts. They're not going to trade for a guy who just signed a new contract AND a guy who is getting older and could be winding down his career (Hughes). I know Hughes is only like 28 or so, but he's played 8 seasons and has only been healthy for all 82 games one time.

The Cavs may have something depending on the lengths of the contracts of guys like Damon Jones, or Eric Snow, and assuming Ferry is willing to sweeten it with some draft choices, but that's about the only way, unless the Sixers are deluded into thinking Drew is going to turn his career around.

I'm not sure we WANT Iverson here. Him and Lebron may come to blows over who handles the ball more, or in what situations.
Mathius
ur forgetting how unselfish bron is and i dnt think he would mind stepping down a notch as u have said before, hes playing to intensly for too long and he times off some times...rather then playing 45 mpg with iverson he could play like 39mpg.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:51 AM   #6
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
ur forgetting how unselfish bron is and i dnt think he would mind stepping down a notch as u have said before, hes playing to intensly for too long and he times off some times...rather then playing 45 mpg with iverson he could play like 39mpg.

As unselfish as Lebron is, he still takes over games in the 4th quarter. Or what if it came down to the winning shot?

And to be honest, I'm not concerned as much by Lebron as I am by Iverson.

I'm not knocking anything he's done on the court, he's always come to work, he always plays 110%.

But off the court he's been very destructive over the years.

I'm very high on rookie Daniel Gibson, and I'm hoping Shannon Brown will pan out as well. I really don't want to see Gibson picking up some of Iverson's off court habits. Nor do I think I want his minutes cut to 10 because Iverson wants 38.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: