Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

I don't think Crawford has any ETO's on his contract and you'd think they'd need at least 1 player off the bench who can handle the ball if they trade Blesdoe and Billups retires.

Early 2nd round picks should be gold to a team way above the cap like the Clippers. You have a chance to grab a player who slips out of the 1st round, while getting him on a cheaper, non-guaranteed deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

[QUOTE]Jarrett Jack

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I don't think Crawford has any ETO's on his contract and you'd think they'd need at least 1 player off the bench who can handle the ball if they trade Blesdoe and Billups retires.

Early 2nd round picks should be gold to a team way above the cap like the Clippers. You have a chance to grab a player who slips out of the 1st round, while getting him on a cheaper, non-guaranteed deal.
    Clipps need some young guys on the wing and at the one if Bledsoe goes. Doesn't sound like Billups will retire if the Clipps want him back.

[QUOTE]Chauncey Billups

Derrick Favors: I hate not being able to play in the playoffs Twitter @dfavors14
    Guess he's not into tanking like most fans seem to be these days.

[QUOTE]All the rumors are getting to Shane Larkin. Various reports indicate the Miami sophomore is on the verge of declaring for the NBA draft. Not so, Larkin said Wednesday afternoon on Twitter. He even finalized the date and time for the decision. "Don

What will the asking price be for OJ Mayo this summer? ---> Steve Kyler: hefty, hearing Utah could go hard at him. Twitter @stevekylerNBA
    Interesting, not sure why you'd be paying a "hefy" price for OJ Mayo though.

What will the asking price be for OJ Mayo this summer? ---> Steve Kyler: hefty, hearing Utah could go hard at him. Twitter @stevekylerNBA
    I was thinking about him earlier but he had some issues with Carlisle at the end of the year. Looks like he might be best coming off the bench on a good team. Offensively he could really thrive in the Jazz offense though. He's got the right skill set. Certainly a huge upgrade on Foye but at what price? Could he guard ones with Hayward as the point forward? Maybe not the best ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I was thinking about him earlier but he had some issues with Carlisle at the end of the year. Looks like he might be best coming off the bench on a good team. Offensively he could really thrive in the Jazz offense though. He's got the right skill set. Certainly a huge upgrade on Foye but at what price? Could he guard ones with Hayward as the point forward? Maybe not the best ones.
    Yea, cost is my biggest issue with him. Don't think he's worth more than $8 million a year, so i'd hate to see them give him a huge contract.

Although the fact that they're looking at guys at that price would probably indicate that at least 1 of Jefferson and Millsap won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Yea, cost is my biggest issue with him. Don't think he's worth more than $8 million a year, so i'd hate to see them give him a huge contract.
    I'm guessing hefty is more like 10-12 mill.

Although the fact that they're looking at guys at that price would probably indicate that at least 1 of Jefferson and Millsap won't be back.
    One of them has to go. There is absolutely no way they can bring both back based on minutes besides having the money to pay Favors and Hayward next year and Kanter and Burks in 2 years.

Mo and Foye's contracts could pay for Mayo though. Whatever they do I'd look to front load as much of it as possible or they could have issues in the next couple years paying the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I'm guessing hefty is more like 10-12 mill.

One of them has to go. There is absolutely no way they can bring both back based on minutes besides having the money to pay Favors and Hayward next year and Kanter and Burks in 2 years.

Mo and Foye's contracts could pay for Mayo though. Whatever they do I'd look to front load as much of it as possible or they could have issues in the next couple years paying the kids.
    Yea, I figured the hefty would be like $12 million. Too much for my tastes. Definately a good idea to frontload if possible though.

Shane Larkin To Enter NBA Draft

Apr 26, 2013 3:40 PM EDT

Shane Larkin plans to enter the NBA draft and skip his final two seasons at Miami.

Larkin is considered the third-best point guard in the draft class behind Michigan's Trey Burke and Syracuse's Michael Carter-Williams.

Larkin led the Hurricanes to the ACC regular season title and the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

Aran Smith: Word on the street is Marcus Smart is having second thoughts about pulling his name out of draft. Don't be shocked if he changes his mind.

Twitter @nbadraftnet

Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Utah and Cleveland are interested in Scotty Hopson, currently playing for Israeli team Hapoel Eilat. Hopson could play the Summer League with one of these teams.
    Doesn't really sound like their type of player. Got some talent.

Amaechi: Magic Teammates Knew Sexuality, Protected Me

May 01, 2013 | Mike Bianchi/Orlando Sentinel

John Amaechi said playing for the conservative owner of the Magic played a part in his decision not to come out while playing in the NBA.
    Conservative Mormon owner in Utah too!