Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fan who fell asleep during Yankees-Red Sox game suing for $10 million

Default Re: Fan who fell asleep during Yankees-Red Sox game suing for $10 million

He should sue McDonald's because he will never get laid again thanks to them.

Default Re: Fan who fell asleep during Yankees-Red Sox game suing for $10 million

Typical. In America you have people suing for anything.

They should immediately throw shit like this out.

Well he was watching baseball, so falling asleep was likely to happen

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    If they genuinely insulted the guy multiple times that's really uncalled for and is technically libelous. Millions of people watching and listening to that could be harmful to your everyday life. (I don't care enough to read more or watch a video of it. So I don't know what's really going on.)

Is it worth 10 million? No. But the guy should get an apology, some merch and a few bucks.
    Well I guess every stand up comedian should be sued right?

Yeah because that's the same.
    It is the same.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

BRB, gonna take a $10 million nap.

NBA All-star

I'd probably line up random people as witnesses, and ask every one of them if they've ever heard of the term "kiss cam" at a baseball game.

I'd probably expect every one of them to say yes (sure hope so)

then as the normal proceeding.

no further question your honor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Typical. In America you have people suing for anything.

They should immediately throw shit like this out.
    This will be common in Australia within 5 years as the country continues to trend rapidly into American corporate culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    Well he was watching baseball, so falling asleep was likely to happen
    +++

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

They should reward him $50,000 then give him court fees in the amount of $60,000.

Da Mavs

If they genuinely insulted the guy multiple times that's really uncalled for and is technically libelous. Millions of people watching and listening to that could be harmful to your everyday life. (I don't care enough to read more or watch a video of it. So I don't know what's really going on.)

Is it worth 10 million? No. But the guy should get an apology, some merch and a few bucks.
    They read a legal disclaimer from the back of a Yankees ticket or what ever this morning on Mike & Mike and it clearly indicates that the arena/stadium is a public venue and any actions taken within it are fair for others to use, blah blah legal mumbo jumbo.

Overall, I'd expect it to get thrown out pretty fast.

Watch the vid. They said he might have neck ache tomorrow and the game is not the place to sleep.

The fan's religion states he can not be put on television. Sin against god. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in his favor. $10 million forthcoming....

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The fan's religion states he can not be put on television. Sin against god. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in his favor. $10 million forthcoming....
    I did not know that ball parks had to hire their own security since it's part of the public domain and local police had complete authority over what happens within the ball park.