Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
smoovegittar
Get over yourself

Default I found this quite interesting...

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said one of the reasons he wanted to ship Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks was to “change some of the chemistry” of his team.”To do that we felt (it was) important to bring in some new personnel and start with some character guys that we feel can carry this forward,” Jackson said on Thursday evening.

Calderon is a strong outside shooter and is seen as a strong fit in the Knicks’ triangle offense.
“Jose is a thoughtful guard. He’s got great control of the ball. He pushes the ball up, accelerates it up the court,” Jackson said. “He’s a very good 3-point shooter. He organizes a team quite well and we anticipate he’ll fit in to what we’re trying to do.”
Jackson sees Dalembert as a strong rebounder and interior defender.
“He can replace Tyson’s defensive ability — maybe not be the defensive player of the year like Tyson was, but he’s going to be a quality defender,” he said.
Jackson, who took over as team president in March, said he could see chemistry issues between Knicks players last season. The team finished with just 37 wins and missed the playoffs for the first time in four seasons.
“Watching them play I saw guys that looked at each other like, ‘You didn’t back me up, you weren’t here when I needed help,’ ” Jackson said. “There just wasn’t the right combination or feel (where) it felt like everybody was in synch all the time.”

Jackson hoped that the rest of the Knicks’ players were paying attention to the trade.
“Well, we want to send a message to all of our players that we are on the move and we are making changes and we are making changes to move forward in the direction that we want to go,” Jackson said. “We want to be more aggressive defensively, we want to have a certain sense of offensive alacrity, getting up and down the court and challenging defenses to get back and protect the basket.”

This was pulled from the NBA website. Nothing new here to read, but it feels good to know PJ is really digging into his new job. I am thrilled with last night's picks.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

Default Re: I found this quite interesting...

Awesome to see him take action. It's what has me believing Phil doesn't look at things the way this fan base is trained into. I know everybody wants to tank or wait a year or two. I think Phil wants to start getting better now and this roster isn't done changing.

As far as Felton and chandler I think he nailed it and that their attitudes and understanding of their own talent levels was so far off that they would never be willing to play the role they belonged in team basketball.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Phil made a major statement by trading the starting center and starting pg.

When teams do that, they are clearly looking to shake up what isnt working for them.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

No one seems to remember that tyson blamed everyone but himself, a seven foot bum I'm sorry if you guys disagree but the year he won dpoy, he didn't make any of the all defensive teams. That's because at plus seven ft he can't create his own shot he is not a double digit rebounder and he is a cry baby ass cry baby, and don't get me started on felton good riddiance to em both. Lets start this new phase with phill and hope people don't think we are the jokes anymore.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I thought this article would have been posted....

Quote:
Knicks president Phil Jackson said Carmelo Anthony gave the thumbs-up to Wednesday’s blockbuster deal with the Mavericks that upgraded the Knicks’ point guard position with Jose Calderon.

Jackson also maintained Thursday he still has “every confidence’’ Anthony will stick to his word that he loves playing in New York and re-sign, but added the Knicks have “no control’’ any longer now that Anthony opted out of his contract, and called the situation “topsy-turvy.’’
Anthony becomes a free agent July 1, and plans to visit Chicago, Dallas and Houston, and possibly the Lakers.

Before Thursday’s NBA Draft, Jackson said in a press conference he broached the trade with Anthony during their meeting in Los Angeles two weeks ago. He also restated his wish Anthony take less than the maximum contract if he re-signs with the Knicks, in order for the team to have more flexibility for free agents in 2015.

“I wouldn’t say ‘consulted,’ ’’ Jackson said when asked if Anthony knew of the trade. “I would use the word ‘informed.’ A couple of weeks ago, when we met with him, we told him it was on the table. I was to wait and see until I got back from Turkey [from his son’s wedding] how this fit. He was aware. He saw the value in it. He was appreciative of it.’’

“It was a message to all the players we’re on the move.’’

http://nypost.com/2014/06/26/phil-ja...-hell-re-sign/
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
el gringos
Good college starter

Carmelo has had a pg that could shoot 1 time in his career. Carmelo and Billups took the nugs the farthest they went
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: