NBA rookie of the year

Default Would Lebron have signed w/the Cavs by now if not for Gilbert's childish rant?

I think Gilbert's scornful, slavemaster-like remarks toward Lebron are still lingering in his mind. Had Gilbert handled the situation with more class, Lebron may very well have decided to return to Cleveland by now.

Default Re: Would Lebron have signed w/the Cavs by now if not for Gilbert's childish rant?

Lebron didn't exactly conclude his time in Cleveland on a peachy note either. I'm gunna say it hasn't played any role in his decision making.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Would Lebron have signed w/the Cavs by now if not for Gilbert's childish rant?

he's going to look like some kind of bitch to the miami organization and to the real miami fans if he leaves their team to go play for dan gilbert

   

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I think Gilbert's scornful, slavemaster-like remarks toward Lebron are still lingering in his mind. Had Gilbert handled the situation with more class, Lebron may very well have decided to return to Cleveland by now.
    lebron didn't give him much of a choice, dude.

at the time there was utterly no point in sucking up to james any longer, and an angry city and fanbase that needed to be appeased and given some hope.

yea i wouldn't have written that public rebuttal exactly like gilbert did, but it would have been something similar. anyway, it's more about the fans anger than it was gilbert going off on some crazy rant. he's not exactly know for that AFAIK. gilbert was just the mouthpiece in that case.

not to mention, it worked. the fans felt better and even lord bron-bron obviously felt some guilt and later said he might return to CLE some day... and now his reps are meeting with the cavs.

problem...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I think Gilbert's scornful, slavemaster-like remarks
    stopped reading