Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #61
bullettooth
I don't flop.

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen
Damn, dude is still shook I embarrassed his ass 4 (four) years ago. No wonder he only shows up once every 12 months. That's the definition of rent free folks.

SilkkTheShook! LOOOOOOOOOOOL!
bullettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #62
JohnnySic
green is good

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

As always, the narrative of the moment prevails on ISH.

The Celtics were supposed to lose to the Bucks because the Bucks had the best player in Giannis.

Then they were supposed to lose to the Sixers because the Sixers are supposedly the team of the future blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, at the start of the playoffs hardly anyone considered the Cavs to be head and shoulders above the pack. Many were predicting them to lose to Toronto, or to the Sixers in the ECF. Now, they are seen as some kind of unbeatable (in the east) juggernaut. LOL.

I'm not necessarily predicting a Celtics series win, but still, lol.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #63
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

The Celtics were supposed to lose to the Bucks because the Bucks had the best player in Giannis.

Then they were supposed to lose to the Sixers because the Sixers are supposedly the team of the future blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, at the start of the playoffs hardly anyone considered the Cavs to be head and shoulders above the pack. Many were predicting them to lose to Toronto, or to the Sixers in the ECF. Now, they are seen as some kind of unbeatable (in the east) juggernaut. LOL.

Celtics won that Bucks series by an average of .5 points per game Philly series 4 pts

They barely won against worse teams than the Cavs, it's not like they are the hottest team in the Playoffs right now, they have 1 road win in two series, and it was by 2 pts. What happens when Cavs take one of the first two games? These other teams couldn't win in Boston, but Cleveland sure did, and it wasn't even close last time.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #64
Terahite
Free Nick Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
inbefore

I'd like to see Celtics win this or CLE in 7
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #65
tanibanana
Local High School Star

Imagine the effect on Tatum's future if they end up winning this series...
Both Mitchell/Simmons were being debated to win the ROY because how they helped their team to reach the Playoffs.. wow.
tanibanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #66
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

You have Boston beating CLE every year to be fair. You were right twice. Just the other 4x times didn't go well.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #67
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy

Cavs got this in the bag.

However, I know excuses will be on deck if things go south

I have faith in the Kang.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #68
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP

Can't wait for fun basketball to start again. The west playoffs = Nyquil
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #69
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

cavs in 5. I will genuinely be surprised if this goes 6 or 7.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #70
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
cavs in 5. I will genuinely be surprised if this goes 6 or 7.
They're not playing the Raptors again, so games 5 or 6 have a realistic shot of happening.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #71
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
They're not playing the Raptors again, so games 5 or 6 have a realistic shot of happening.
Learn how to read genius. I already said I expect this to go 5 games. I said I would be surprised if went 6 or 7 games, not 5.

Fucking moron.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #72
Hittin_Shots
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Celtics won that Bucks series by an average of .5 points per game Philly series 4 pts

They barely won against worse teams than the Cavs, it's not like they are the hottest team in the Playoffs right now, they have 1 road win in two series, and it was by 2 pts. What happens when Cavs take one of the first two games? These other teams couldn't win in Boston, but Cleveland sure did, and it wasn't even close last time.

They also havent lost a game at home and only need to continue that.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #73
LAVAR BALL
Dunking on everybody in the park

Question: how do you defend the Celtics: at least 8 guys in the team can score 20 pts a night. They have talent inside, outside, good shooters, good cutters, and Al Hrtford can even play a little inside out (not a whole game).

So how do you get ready defensively?

I'll say Cavs in 6, but Lebron and Co will have to come to play and not come in cruise control
LAVAR BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #74
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Learn how to read genius. I already said I expect this to go 5 games. I said I would be surprised if went 6 or 7 games, not 5.

Fucking moron.
Apparently you couldn't tell, but I was throwing a dig to Craptors being a Cavs doormat, that's why I added the 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
Question: how do you defend the Celtics: at least 8 guys in the team can score 20 pts a night. They have talent inside, outside, good shooters, good cutters, and Al Hrtford can even play a little inside out (not a whole game).

So how do you get ready defensively?

I'll say Cavs in 6, but Lebron and Co will have to come to play and not come in cruise control
Celtics are a great team but any solid team with Lebron, Curry, KD, and Harden (assuming he doesn't turn into a classic choke artist in the PS as he has) is what can break them. What can they do when 1 of those guys goes nuts. With Bron's form this year, I'm not seeing it at all. I just hope they make it a tough, competitive 6-7 game series.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #75
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Apparently you couldn't tell, but I was throwing a dig to Craptors being a Cavs doormat, that's why I added the 5.
I'm glad that you say that because I could in fact tell - and that's exactly why I called you out for your mistake and corrected you, calling you a fucking moron in the process.

Does that make sense?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: