Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #61
bullettooth
I don't flop.
 
bullettooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen
Damn, dude is still shook I embarrassed his ass 4 (four) years ago. No wonder he only shows up once every 12 months. That's the definition of rent free folks.

SilkkTheShook! LOOOOOOOOOOOL!
bullettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #62
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

As always, the narrative of the moment prevails on ISH.

The Celtics were supposed to lose to the Bucks because the Bucks had the best player in Giannis.

Then they were supposed to lose to the Sixers because the Sixers are supposedly the team of the future blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, at the start of the playoffs hardly anyone considered the Cavs to be head and shoulders above the pack. Many were predicting them to lose to Toronto, or to the Sixers in the ECF. Now, they are seen as some kind of unbeatable (in the east) juggernaut. LOL.

I'm not necessarily predicting a Celtics series win, but still, lol.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #63
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 16,569
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
As always, the narrative of the moment prevails on ISH.

The Celtics were supposed to lose to the Bucks because the Bucks had the best player in Giannis.

Then they were supposed to lose to the Sixers because the Sixers are supposedly the team of the future blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, at the start of the playoffs hardly anyone considered the Cavs to be head and shoulders above the pack. Many were predicting them to lose to Toronto, or to the Sixers in the ECF. Now, they are seen as some kind of unbeatable (in the east) juggernaut. LOL.

I'm not necessarily predicting a Celtics series win, but still, lol.

Celtics won that Bucks series by an average of .5 points per game Philly series 4 pts

They barely won against worse teams than the Cavs, it's not like they are the hottest team in the Playoffs right now, they have 1 road win in two series, and it was by 2 pts. What happens when Cavs take one of the first two games? These other teams couldn't win in Boston, but Cleveland sure did, and it wasn't even close last time.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #64
Terahite
Free Nick Young
 
Terahite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: unban NY!!
Posts: 3,962
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
inbefore




I'd like to see Celtics win this or CLE in 7
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #65
tanibanana
Local High School Star
 
tanibanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,377
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Imagine the effect on Tatum's future if they end up winning this series...
Both Mitchell/Simmons were being debated to win the ROY because how they helped their team to reach the Playoffs.. wow.
tanibanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #66
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,863
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
As always, the narrative of the moment prevails on ISH.

The Celtics were supposed to lose to the Bucks because the Bucks had the best player in Giannis.

Then they were supposed to lose to the Sixers because the Sixers are supposedly the team of the future blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, at the start of the playoffs hardly anyone considered the Cavs to be head and shoulders above the pack. Many were predicting them to lose to Toronto, or to the Sixers in the ECF. Now, they are seen as some kind of unbeatable (in the east) juggernaut. LOL.

I'm not necessarily predicting a Celtics series win, but still, lol.
You have Boston beating CLE every year to be fair. You were right twice. Just the other 4x times didn't go well.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #67
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Cavs got this in the bag.

However, I know excuses will be on deck if things go south

I have faith in the Kang.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #68
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,863
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Can't wait for fun basketball to start again. The west playoffs = Nyquil
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #69
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,314
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

cavs in 5. I will genuinely be surprised if this goes 6 or 7.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #70
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
cavs in 5. I will genuinely be surprised if this goes 6 or 7.
They're not playing the Raptors again, so games 5 or 6 have a realistic shot of happening.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #71
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,314
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
They're not playing the Raptors again, so games 5 or 6 have a realistic shot of happening.
Learn how to read genius. I already said I expect this to go 5 games. I said I would be surprised if went 6 or 7 games, not 5.


Fucking moron.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #72
Hittin_Shots
College star
 
Hittin_Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,976
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Celtics won that Bucks series by an average of .5 points per game Philly series 4 pts

They barely won against worse teams than the Cavs, it's not like they are the hottest team in the Playoffs right now, they have 1 road win in two series, and it was by 2 pts. What happens when Cavs take one of the first two games? These other teams couldn't win in Boston, but Cleveland sure did, and it wasn't even close last time.

They also havent lost a game at home and only need to continue that.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #73
LAVAR BALL
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
LAVAR BALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In Yo Lane
Posts: 659
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Question: how do you defend the Celtics: at least 8 guys in the team can score 20 pts a night. They have talent inside, outside, good shooters, good cutters, and Al Hrtford can even play a little inside out (not a whole game).

So how do you get ready defensively?

I'll say Cavs in 6, but Lebron and Co will have to come to play and not come in cruise control
LAVAR BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #74
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Learn how to read genius. I already said I expect this to go 5 games. I said I would be surprised if went 6 or 7 games, not 5.


Fucking moron.
Apparently you couldn't tell, but I was throwing a dig to Craptors being a Cavs doormat, that's why I added the 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
Question: how do you defend the Celtics: at least 8 guys in the team can score 20 pts a night. They have talent inside, outside, good shooters, good cutters, and Al Hrtford can even play a little inside out (not a whole game).

So how do you get ready defensively?

I'll say Cavs in 6, but Lebron and Co will have to come to play and not come in cruise control
Celtics are a great team but any solid team with Lebron, Curry, KD, and Harden (assuming he doesn't turn into a classic choke artist in the PS as he has) is what can break them. What can they do when 1 of those guys goes nuts. With Bron's form this year, I'm not seeing it at all. I just hope they make it a tough, competitive 6-7 game series.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #75
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,314
Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Apparently you couldn't tell, but I was throwing a dig to Craptors being a Cavs doormat, that's why I added the 5.
I'm glad that you say that because I could in fact tell - and that's exactly why I called you out for your mistake and corrected you, calling you a fucking moron in the process.


Does that make sense?
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy