Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Kupchak Interview

Recap from another forum:

Quote:
Blood boiled during game 5 and playoffs. He was upset.

They donít have to use the mid level exception to sign Luke and can use the full exception to sign someone.

We will use the mid level to get a Complimentary player. A complimentary player is not a superstar usually. He is someone to help the team. Average salary means average player.

What are the plans for this off season? What is the move? Is it going to be big move? Is it going to be a small move?

Kupchak: In January 26-13, I thought that we were going to win 50+ games. I felt that we were not going to be a top 4 but at least top 6. Without injuries, we would have won 50+ games. I thought that we could have made the second round and maybe the third round.

Because of the injuries, that didnít happen so,

Therefore, all options are on the table. Big moves will be considered as well as small moves.

Comment on Kobeís statement about making trades now.

I understand his situation and frustration. That is not new to me Phil and Jerry. As player on front line, so you are the one that will be asked the questions.

After time passes on, I hope that he will calm down so that he can focus on other things. (ie. Olympic, etc.)

What input does Kobe have?

No input who comes and goes. However, I have always sat down with the leaders of this organization (Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Kobe, etc.) to get their pulse and opinion. I respect their opinion. I will also spent time with Kobe and ask his opinion.

Comment on the draft. People ask where is our Barbosa? Or Boozer?
Do you get lucky?

Kupchak: if you do an analysis of the draft, you are usually guarantee high success in the top ten. In the later rounds, less chance to find a successful player.

In the second round, it takes certain situations such as the players develop, he gets playing time, etc.

However, I am happy with the players that I have found in the second round for the last few years.

Hes still rolling with that "we would have contended if it wasn't for injuries". Ha sounds like hes waiting for Kobe to calm down.

And this dude sounds so average..."average salary means average player"..."less chance to find a successful player in the draft later on". Am I the only one that senses narrow mindedness and incompetence?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Cool
College superstar

Default Re: Kupchak Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Recap from another forum:

Hes still rolling with that "we would have contended if it wasn't for injuries". Ha sounds like hes waiting for Kobe to calm down.

And this dude sounds so average..."average salary means average player"..."less chance to find a successful player in the draft later on". Am I the only one that senses narrow mindedness and incompetence?

Didnt you say a maybe front office shake up in that one thread? Maybe Micth gets fired? I will look into that for us all and see if there is any details or specifics about it.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
sammdogg
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Lakers couldnt CONTEND since the season started. They werent going to win 50 games. They didnt have as much talent as any other of the playoff teams in the west. They need talent to contend.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Laker's Future
Banned

Mitch I hope you and Parker have a nice summer, don't let the door hit you on the way out. See you wouldn't want to be you.

Sorry just thinking positive.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: